Arcadia - Easter Event

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Hey,

Just thought I would shout out. Been playing arcadia for around 4 weeks now (not much game time as in final year of uni) but server seems really good. Loads of custom content, caves, skills. Very active usercount I am in a guild that holds one of the many available walls and we have like 5-6 people on constantly and close to 10 for hunts. You can guild chat with other guilds if your allied so for big hunts guilds can combine for members if not enough online. Is very like euro though as an fyi where whne you get to a certain level it will require you to be part of a guild to level and succeed i.e. on euro if you were a 40 warrior was pointless solo grinding and was never going to take down OKS.

Just thought I would call out as currently an easter event where a Yimoogi NPC is in BW and makes it really easy to get to 100 in a day or two which is high enough to join guilds and 130+ is the level to be to viable on hunts with highest level being 160. Just wanted to call out as think alot of people overlook arcadia pretty quick but yea loving the active guild and hunts and easter event is on so great time to start if your looking for something new.

• Love
Reactions: Scorpian

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Sorry but playing Arcadia is like taking a step back, people can still ACPI etc on there. Delphi files ugly and big.

My friend Tiggy on there can get to a speed legit and he generally looks like he has X2 cheats on.

Some great skills and custom items i agree but you'll never see them drop.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3gena

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Hey,

Yea bit more old school feel but haven't encountered any ground breaking bugs and pvp feels as smooth as euro which most servers doesn't seem to have at the min.

100% not all skills are in drop file requiring GG which is something obtained only by paying £££ I thought was crazy money grabbing feature but it actually really really works. You have people who don't have time to play drop some £££ and purchase GG and trade it for items to thoese who have had the time to hunt and haven't donated which allows them to buy their skills. Same concept as paying cash for skills just a different currency. I personally haven't donated in past 4 weeks but I just do what i enjoy which is killing bosses and making money. Has always been my favorite thing to do and with that I can make enough GG to get my skills. In saying that I can't afford them all it will take me time there is like 5 skills from 120-130 that will probably take me around 2 weeks a pop to obtain but I don't necessarily think that is a bad thing.

Has its up and downs but yea think it gets over looked quite quick so just wanted to put out a positive message

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
I know people do speed hack on Arcadia, m8's even offered me them just to keep up with others that speed cheat (Most will know the ones that do as they have already been caught on a lot of other servers doing it). I couldn't invest time in a server that lets this fly.

You'll find the a lot of people deny speed cheating as their guilds benefit from them but it is very obvious at times.

Before I did decide the server wasn't for me I will say content wise it was great. Server has a lot going for it, just not enough to make it a level playing field for those that don't want to cheat.. or spend hours tweaking their system so they come as close as possible to said cheats making the average player.. or even moderatly tweaked player cannon fodder when it comes to pvp.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
100% not all skills are in drop file requiring GG which is something obtained only by paying £££

Lol...How you can include this piece of information whilst trying to output a "positive message" is beyond me haha.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
@Emzie - Yet in my 4 weeks to see speed hacks of any kind (that's not me saying it doesn't happen)

@Pottsy - Your not miss quoting me as such but defiantly focusing on a select part of my post that by itself is negative. Beyond that I agreed before trying it that I thought and felt would be awful feature but after trying it felt it worked. It has been setup so GG can be traded like a currency such as gold so you can get GG by selling items which means you can acquire the currency needed for your skills without donating by simply doing what you would of done on anyway which is hunt and sell. Your simply selling for a different currency.

The positive message is i feel personally it is a good server and with the event could time to join. All items / skills can be obtained without you having to donate as I have several skills that are GG only and haven't donated a penny.

golson

Banned
Banned
Feb 16, 2019
your heart
Whether it's a Delphi file or a crystal file, what matters is the fun of the game. What really appeals to players is not which server file you use, but what makes the server more interesting to players.

Reactions: Seanofsmeg

Scorpian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 8, 2003
Manchester
Great post thanks, really appreciate it.

Would love for anyone on here to post a video of "ACPI" or "speed cheating" though. Those elusive cheats that no one has ever seen :ROFLMAO: (no but seriously post them so I can fix them [I mean if they exist {which they don't <I don't think???>}])

Lol...How you can include this piece of information whilst trying to output a "positive message" is beyond me haha.

I think maybe you misunderstood the implications of the remark. Arcadia has an awesome economy. A Gold Bar has had a value of around 32-36 GameGold for the past 5 years. Take a while to comprehend the significance of that.

Unlike other servers and games, GameGold and Game Shop purchases are not locked onto specific characters or accounts (which would benefit me of course). Many of, if not the majority of, the players do not pay any £ for GameGold. However, due to the economy, those that wish to work hard for some GameGold will sell things that they collect on everyday hunts. And that is exactly what happens.

Arcadia is a popular server that has been online a long time, and as a slow burn low rate server, some items are rare. Rare items hold value. Arcadia would simply not exist if everything was common and held no value.

Most importantly of all, Arcadia has a great community. I couldn't be happier with them and thank them for sticking by and enjoying themselves.

ps All skill books are in drop files and are not added to the GameShop until around a year after their in-game release

Reactions: Seanofsmeg