Artificial Mir 2 - Discussion Thread

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I did only say it's what i've heard in the grape vine lol, no idea if it's true.

With the amount of afk Fishing going on, that seems like a more plausible cause...but at the same time, even with all the afk fishing...when was the last time you saw 600/700 users online, it's plausible, but could just be rumour lol.

Fact that all the fishing stuff is tradeable and not bound to the characters, it could be the fishing. Either way, the true user count is definitely not accurate....i'd say it's closer to 150 users. All I know is this is a new record of "fake" user counting haha

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Is the UC list not built onto ports / connections? - ie as heroes are simply in game objects not making a connection to the server there is 0.0% chance they can be counted as UC would be my opinion.

Would need to be logged in users/accounts.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
i thought faking a usercount was considered an offence in the eye of LOMCN?

surely arti arnt using heroes to be counted as part of the UC, i cant see Chriz doing that tbh

It is. I'm not saying they are doing it, I'm just saying people have done this in the past.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
Is the UC list not built onto ports / connections? - ie as heroes are simply in game objects not making a connection to the server there is 0.0% chance they can be counted as UC would be my opinion.

Would need to be logged in users/accounts.
no, from what i know, the port asks the server to tell it the UC, you could make the server tell you its got 1000 members online if you coded it to

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I asked in discord and the answer was no.

I did a little scoop round just now and there are 160 ppl afk in SZ across the server and 20 fishers in my guilds GT.

Multiply the 20 fishers by 20 guilds approx in game u have 400 fishers.

650 currently online 560 afk 90 hunting. Sounds about right.

If heros were included the UC be over 1000

If you didn’t have fishing you would still have 2-300 UC here it’s quite respectable as far as Mir servers go.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I would say there more like 3-400 fishers/miners but that’s not what I was gonna aim my point at anyways...I didn’t have time to write it all.

@Chriz your UC is healthy one of the best since apocalypse which I really enjoyed.

At the face of it ppl are saying there main concern is on the rankings ppls top kits are OP and over Gemmed from fishing. This to me is fine as it’s not everyone it’s the faces u see “the top dogs” the top 20/40 W/e. The servers been live 8weeks odd it’s to be expected they have gem success. BUT and it’s a big but, the only reason it’s an issue is because of HARDTORCHES. Remove them and it balances the market and the items soooo much better.

And it’s not to late to make this change either. It would be a good change and I will add gems ain’t OP here they are lethal and snap kits up galore it’s just 8 weeks of hard torches mucks it all up.

Please consider it 👍🏻

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
Would agree on HTs but then dura would need fixing as it’s absolute dog on these files.

SinGod

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Loyal Member
Sep 29, 2010
Belgium
2 hrs downtime to take out an event and **** up balance even more.

Gamebreaking bugs and exploits still in the game and just being ignored.

I'm done wasting my time here, give it a month before the server is dead.

jonti

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 26, 2008
ANother server where the make money crew selling for real life cash had a great time. Mir is now a first person shooter. Explain how being smacked by a high burst damage invisible player is fun. Group fights everyone gets so nostalgic about mostly gone(there were no sins) Balance is a mythical beast. How about if you insist in having sins make them wait til 38+ or so to get high damage skills - like the other classes Wiz -ff 40 Tao curse mass pois 40+ etc

thereeper

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 15, 2010
Hey folks - Just downloaded the server to give it a go. Seen some mixed reviews so interested to see what its like. Shoot me a pm if you see me around!

/reep

MaNnY

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Dec 27, 2003
Had its time and the GMs used COVID as the perfect time to release a server. Unfortunately after playing not long after launch, it shows this should still be in BETA. Alot of skills are bugged and also bosses are too easy; actually soloable due to the hero ability. Also when they screwed up the exp tables informing players the direction should of been korean based rather than euro based. Even cheats are still roaming scott free with evidence shared. Being blamed on latency issues - the higher your Ping, the better benefit you have. Lmao - what games even do that?

Summary

Good at the few first months but as soon as the cash began flooding in, the Admin staff have just not listened to the community and not really tested anything properly.

Good luck on the future if you are sat on this server. Bring on Chronicles v.2

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Kinda mad you can let a whole guild cheat and just allow it because they are your user count :D

Reactions: WelshSteel

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
@Chriz

Why does Artifical team have no respect for its playerbase, I've only anaylsed this server for a day and checked it's discord history and patch history (patches once every month, that are way too weak).

LB is gonna blow you up, I think you know but do the right thing for the players who supported you and ban the obvious.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
@Chriz

Why does Artifical team have no respect for its playerbase, I've only anaylsed this server for a day and checked it's discord history and patch history (patches once every month, that are way too weak).

LB is gonna blow you up, I think you know but do the right thing for the players who supported you and ban the obvious.
They are a team that supposedly worked on a fresh usa copied/kor server for years, with broken balance, next to no content updates after months, most the stuff they didnt test and got wrong e.g. Exp tables, kit... anything they changed they wrote "korean is like this" changed without a second thought.

countless of cheaters caught on video, evidence sent multiple time = "high ping lagg , we got anticheats"... today at sabuk the entire Chinese guild openly cheated and coz they know they have a small playerbase and the GM's are afraid of doing anything about it as they may quit

• Sad
Reactions: WelshSteel

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
today at sabuk the entire Chinese guild openly cheated and coz they know they have a small playerbase and the GM's are afraid of doing anything about it as they may quit

Sometime several ppls can say anything just to make some rage out?
Maybe remove flinch how jamie did on marble and zircon?

Benjy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 17, 2016
@Chriz

Just be glad you can get on the discord. I’ve been banned twice now for selling items and that power hungry Somatical fella has just assumed I’m selling for irl cash.