Artificial Mir2... Wiped.

Join Discord

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Because the server was shut down incorrectly, it brought a horde of buggy items into the economy. For this reason we have wiped our DBs and started again. So for anyone who hadn't played Artificial over the last 3 weeks, here's a prime oppertunity, since everyone is back to level 1.

Also it's 2x exp for 2 days
(meaning it's 80x to level 26, and 40x from 26+)
This will be taken out early wednesday.
ucs.php

www.artificial.org.uk / www.shensation.com

Enjoy ;)

Last edited:

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
3 weeks is nothing, this server is long term, and everyone voted for the wipe anyway. As far as I can see, no one has quit over it. It was a win/win decision.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
3 weeks is nothing, this server is long term, and everyone voted for the wipe anyway. As far as I can see, no one has quit over it. It was a win/win decision.
cant really say 3 weeks is nothing lol :P
supose its good that no1 quit over it, and it is good for new players that are startin.
personally i got bored when i logged on :x but gl with server

daydie

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Aug 26, 2004
Was gonner try this server since there was a whipe btw i cba finding the EXe.
Work to do on my server anyways.

/daydie

Kekekeke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 8, 2006
Wittin said:

There were more people voting to keep the server and fix the bugs manually than wiping it.. And quite a few people have quit over it, user count used to be 16ish now its 7.

Kekekeke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 8, 2006
Truth hurts, it's just bad when you lie to the public.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
lie? how, user count 13, no BG noobs ingame right now, the peak for today was 17, and it's just started. Besides, if anyone quit it's just the moaning scum bags who play over competitively, the wipe worked like a scum filter >;D

Kekekeke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 8, 2006
Wittin said:
and everyone voted for the wipe anyway.

lies.

Basically you said you would make a poll to decide if server was going to be wiped, which you did. Now a poll usually means majority wins yeah? When people saying Don't Wipe was nearly double to the people saying Wipe, you made your decision and decided to wipe.

Not a very good use of the term Scum Filter, a scum filter in my eyes would be people who can clean up all the junkie's (;)) who take drugs constant off the street, clubs and pubs. But will it happen? doubtful.

Anyway I think I'll leave it at that, this conversation will go no where. Feel free to reply though.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
View Poll Results: Character wipe
Yes wipe the server start again 12 46.15%
Don't wipe the server, try to remove the items manually. 14 53.85%

12/14, looks like 1/2 the ammount to me...! Also, if that remark about junkies is supposed to be some sort of insult, you know nothing about me ;)

The server was wiped because people like you would have obtained the bugged items, and exploited them (i've already seen screen shots of you asking to use the helmet with +200 of every stat). Frankly I'm glad you've given me the opertunity to bring this into the open.

Anyways, keep it real you ****ing penis.

-Wittin

Kekekeke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 8, 2006
Wittin said:
you know nothing about me

I know enough from what you've told me when you were drunk.

Wittin said:
View Poll Results: Character wipe
Yes wipe the server start again 12 46.15%
Don't wipe the server, try to remove the items manually. 14 53.85%

You informed me via. MSN that the server was going to be wiped when the results were No - 13 Yes - 7

Wittin said:
The server was wiped because people like you would have obtained the bugged items, and exploited them (i've already seen screen shots of you asking to use the helmet with +200 of every stat). Frankly I'm glad you've given me the opertunity to bring this into the open.

Considering the bugged item's were un-tradable and undroppable, I wanted to see how much SM would abuse it.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
I know enough from what you've told me when you were drunk.

You informed me via. MSN that the server was going to be wiped when the results were No - 13 Yes - 7

Considering the bugged item's were un-tradable and undroppable, I wanted to see how much SM would abuse it.

It's a commonly known fact that I'm a cocaine user, this isn't something you or me need to hide. Fact is, I work hard, pay my taxes and keep off the street, what I choose to do in privacy is none of your business.

From the moment the bugged items appeared it was clear a wipe was in order, not just because of the items, but because of the other problems that occured (such as cleared storages, skills, and others).

The bugged items were easily exchangable for someone with half a brain, I managed to get ShawnMichaels helmet from him.

Also dont preach to me exploiter...
Sir Craig says:
You also should revise your server alot
- Sir Craig says:
I've exploited loads right infront of your face
- Sir Craig says:
and by infront of your face I mean, it's you helping me exploit without knowing.
By this i assume you were claiming pet refunds that were never needed.

Kekekeke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 8, 2006
Wittin said:
It's a commonly known fact that I'm a cocaine user, this isn't something you or me need to hide. Fact is, I work hard, pay my taxes and keep off the street, what I choose to do in privacy is none of your business.

Glad you got it off your back

Wittin said:
From the moment the bugged items appeared it was clear a wipe was in order, not just because of the items, but because of the other problems that occured (such as cleared storages, skills, and others).

When my store was cleared because of DB Server crashes my kit got replaced that's all.

Wittin said:
By this i assume you were claiming pet refunds that were never needed.

That's one of them, there are others which i'll let you figure out alone.

Jamie says:
suck my balls

Aww, mature.

Dookie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 5, 2004
Can i just ask how it happened Wittin? Just so i can try and avoid a similar situation.

Thanks.

Kekekeke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 8, 2006
If you mean the wipe? It was an error from someone with access to the Dedicated who restarted the server incorrectly causing the DBServer to corrupt and destroy people storages and kit etc, and then creating bugged items.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Closing the m2server application without all players being logged out, possibley without the DBServer running, i'm not entirely sure on the circumstances, it was someone else with remote access to my dedicated server that carried out the m2server shutdown.