ArtificialMir.com

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
It's attainable without gamegold then?

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Dude spends 2 years to make his server while other cash cows are dead in less than 1 year.
Thought lomcn doesnt want to get involved into p2w servers tho.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Yep, exp is huge incentive, but it cuts both ways, you reach the situation of pple outleveling the content sooner than otherwise.
If we talk about incentive, how about only subscribed accts chars are shown on ranking table?

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
You can either do some kind system or just make it really cheap and readily available - I'm not saying either is necessarily always the right call: but here we've gone for the latter because it makes sense to do so in this instance. People are absolutely free to pass judgement on that decision, but also you should consider their position before insulting them on it - I am absolutely not here to extort people and the prices reflect this.

I absolutely cherish the opportunity to release this, and in fact, the only places we have made any concessions at all in the core game is around the gameshop - and that was to remove the premium buff potions, premium hero release scrolls and removal of stats for a few bits. The envir is now in many ways more complete than USA and all rebalanced back to euro rates.

We've put a lot of time and effort in to bring this all together for you guys, our team have been amazing to work with - I have no issue defending my decisions, and I would love to be able to reward my team in some way in the foreseeable future. I have already accepted I may never get my full investment back from this, but that's never really been a deciding factor for me.

In terms of ETA i'm still not too sure right now - again we're close we did start some early alpha testing - but we're still addressing some issues that came up during, and also still finishing bits and pieces off.

lemonfish

When life gives you Lemons ?
Dedicated Member
Oct 11, 2009
Ocean
Thanks, guys. I mean to be fair I didn't actually ban him - the discord server ban list is and has always been empty (he's actually the first person I've ever taken any real action against) and I simply kicked him as he had stated he wasn't going to play, and then continued to insult our teams work (referring to us a cash grab etc. etc.) - I mean discord is a resource I refer to often when working on the files, and I don't appreciate someone who has no intention of playing the game lingering around to post negative comments, it's simply demotivating. I'm not trying to censor anyone, but the guy had made his intentions clear and continued to break our 'don't be a dick rule', so I simply helped him along his way.

Sure spin it all you want.
But 50% exp pots hidden behind a paywall..? My point still stands

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Dude spends 2 years to make his server while other cash cows are dead in less than 1 year.
Thought lomcn doesnt want to get involved into p2w servers tho.

I don't know what you're talking about or why you're quoting my post which was a question to another user - which was actually only to point out that he was chiding someone for making assumptions meanwhile making assumptions himself.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
You soun
You can either do some kind system or just make it really cheap and readily available - I'm not saying either is necessarily always the right call: but here we've gone for the latter because it makes sense to do so in this instance. People are absolutely free to pass judgement on that decision, but also you should consider their position before insulting them on it - I am absolutely not here to extort people and the prices reflect this.

I absolutely cherish the opportunity to release this, and in fact, the only places we have made any concessions at all in the core game is around the gameshop - and that was to remove the premium buff potions, premium hero release scrolls and removal of stats for a few bits. The envir is now in many ways more complete than USA and all rebalanced back to euro rates.

We've put a lot of time and effort in to bring this all together for you guys, our team have been amazing to work with - I have no issue defending my decisions, and I would love to be able to reward my team in some way in the foreseeable future. I have already accepted I may never get my full investment back from this, but that's never really been a deciding factor for me.

In terms of ETA i'm still not too sure right now - again we're close we did start some early alpha testing - but we're still addressing some issues that came up during, and also still finishing bits and pieces off.

You sound very sincere about it mate and just the usage of the word Euro tickles my nostalgic taste buds once more. Is there going to be a Beta test? Open/Closed?

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
I really appreciate it,

Yeah, the next goal right now is open beta testing, I expect it will probably last longer than most people are accustomed to, as we still plan to add a few more features and mob AIs which have yet to be done (bottom of the pile type stuff).

We've had a lapse few weeks with some absence but we're still inching closer day by day

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Nice 👍🏻 look forward to it and will be up for abit if Beta Testing. Will the rate be Low? Like Euro Low

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Yea everything is flat euro rates as if it had continued to receive the subsequent updates. All stats and experience rates are set according to Korean standards which is more or less exactly the same just with a very a slightly smoother levelling gradient towards the later levels, but ultimately the same total experience for the various milestones as the original European server (afaik only the USA GamePot deviated from this - not something we're replicating).

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
I like the sound of that I really do, want something like that to really get stuck into and enjoy for a long time (not a 2-3 month race to complete it)

Just release it this year please as next year is all about FFVll remake 👌🏻

I was saying to someone the other day we need a Euro type server that’s really good to have a base for nostalgia then we could play apex / TF2 / FFVll at the same time.

tha4thface

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2009
I must admit, a lot of the work at the moment does seem quite back-end focused and doesn't seem to add much from a player perspective, that was necessary but our focus is gradually changing, if you speak to the people who have invested a lot of time into playing the server they will tell a story of how we came to be here, and up until very recently feature related changes were impossible for me since Xander has been very busy.

I'm working with someone else as well who hasn't played mir before but is fluent in c# Delphi and many other languages. He's motivated and possibly one of the greatest assets to have touched the mir source, but I would be biased. I wouldn't be surprised once he gets familiar with the source code that we too will have revolutionary new features for the newer content, but for now, the new stuff we add is focused on getting the known parts of the original game in functional order which in itself is a lot of work, but we're making good progress.

It's maybe not for everyone but for people after the nostalgia of the original games this should be unparalleled, and when I came to start work on this that certainly seemed to be in high demand, so the player count should no doubt increase. I haven't had a lot of time to generate interest in the game as I've been busy fixing and upgrading it but there will be more media content/information here soon, which should attract new players but I really hope the content of the game server speaks for itself.

It is in high demand if it gets pulled off properly. Good luck and hurry the fuq up lol

Apparently you website doesnt exist

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
You sure you're not using the old .eu domain? I changed over to .com about a year or so ago. Brexit and all that 😂

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
You sure you're not using the old .eu domain? I changed over to .com about a year or so ago. Brexit and all that 😂

.com one works fine. Think a lot are going to .eu as the links in your opening post.

Reactions: Wittin
Status
Not open for further replies.