ArtificialMir.com

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

wxypk2009

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jan 15, 2017
Current server stays, i'm not running 3 lol.
Is there any important information to post, 3 months have passed? In addition, this server may require a lot of publicity when it is released. I hope that there are still many players participating in this game. 200 players?

---------- Post Merged at 01:20 AM ---------- Previous Post was at 01:19 AM ----------

Is there any important information to post, 3 months have passed? In addition, this server may require a lot of publicity when it is released. I hope that there are still many players participating in this game. 200 players?

wxypk2009

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jan 15, 2017
Artificial Mir II - artificialmir.eu

Although it's not really been documented at all on LOMCN publically I have been working with Xander and then with another Coder Logham Logan to create the Artificial Mir II Server project. You can read more about us and our vision on our website www.artificialmir.eu. Essentially TLDR, we're remaking the official european mir II game, incorporating elements from all of the english versions and changing/tweaking things as we see appropriate - we started out with Daneo1989's database as it was most complete, but a lot of the newer areas (post 2.3) have now been removed due to balancing and missing AI - we plan to rebuild all areas, up to and including the official Korean content, improvising where necessary.

The server has been up for 4-5months now, we should be resourced to allow a large-to-unseen sized player base. We're currently running on a Crystal M2 build by Xander.

Latest website update and the reason for the post here:

Artificial Mir II is now transitioning to Open BETA testing. With our first major patch roll out we’re looking to open the gates and allow more people to experience the game we’re rebuilding. After months of hard work and dedicated testing, we’re moving much closer to having a stable and balanced game environment so we think it would be good to let new players into the game. They may try things our existing testers haven’t even thought of and bring valued feedback to our development team.

Since development to Open BETA has been a while in the making, various players are 40+ levels ahead and therefore we feel the game in its current state is due to be wiped in the initial Open BETA stages, to allow a balanced experience to all newcomers as we launch.

Although there is a whole host of undocumented changes, and adjustments, from now on we will try our best to include patch notes and updates as often as possible.

Currently, all the changes are back-end and no client updates are required, so hop in and enjoy!

Downloads can be found here: http://www.artificialmir.eu/downloads/
I may look to update this thread soon. But for now, discuss.

When will this server be launched? It has not been updated for a long time.

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Ok sorry for the lack of communication (we're too busy making this happen for you guys!)

I only have this to give you right now - the video is completely rushed and thrown together, more just to tease my dev ;p

Some big announcements coming soon.
The culmination of 2 years of progression and refinement.
Now with arguably one of the best mir development teams ever.

We're aiming for something in March, again, we're so busy we don't know quite what something is yet ;)

Enjoy:

Last edited:

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Well there are a few big names in this thread, possibly underrated ;)

Also one completely unbeknown to all of you muahaha

stephens_l

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Apr 30, 2003
Well there are a few big names in this thread, possibly underrated ;)

Also one completely unbeknown to all of you muahaha

Xander and Chriz then? (my guess).

Either way good luck to you all.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
emulating official Korean Mir II Environment.
  • The official server gameplay experience
  • Original drop rates and Game mechanics.

I made a return to my warrior level 26 after I stopped playing last August and tried to get HM book last night. Spent some time in BC (got several ETs), ST, ZT... no books drop there, tried Bichon mines, went around the bottom half, found only one ghoul and filled half of my bag with lev22+ books, highest I got was lev30 archer skill. Problem was, I got many level 24 & 28 wiz and archer and tao books but no HM among them. I took connecting path to OC, found one BE and got tired of it.

Tried to find OW in WW South, no luck, btw found the passage to Secocho (sp) walley (South of WT) closed off, last year at least you could get in, never mind mobs were one hit, one exp point (or maybe no mobs? don't remember). Tried FT but while I can stand up to him (due to event crystal armour), he regens about as fast or faster than I can hit with GA aspeed +2, luck2 (probably that axe also dropped to someone in event?).

Didn''t go around all provinces but the impression I have is stock files and poor drops (ok, aspeed+ stat is fairly frequent compared to the official euro (which had enhanced drops over korean servers). I recall logging on korean official server many yrs ago and that's how it was there, drops and exp wise barebones mir.

Also leveling speed is slow, I suppose since I only have fencing, slaying and thrusting skills, this last still at lev1. Don't recall how I got to lev26, probably most of it came from that Easter event since I just don't see myself getting this high in this setup.

OK, let it be poor official korean style, but then you can't afford to put on exp or item events or anything that enhances those because when those events end, you lose pple playing and they might not return when you put on next event.

Reactions: Martyn

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Hey thanks for taking the time to come back and give some feedback

If I remember correctly you joined in a few groups hunts with a few of the long term players which has put you much further ahead of where you should be in terms of items and skills for the level of your character; is why you're desperately looking for skills. Really I feel in this case the issue here is no players and lack of market to sell and trade to, which in addition would make grinding less painful. We're working to address this soon enough, I would definitely recommend giving it another try after the upcoming upgrade.

In addition, I guess it's nice to see you've given this decent attention as you've pretty much described the official game if it was empty, we're working on getting it to a point of addressing the player issue, but i'm really not keen to rush our team on release. Even just this last week or 2 pretty substantial changes have happened which would have greatly impacted the game if we'd chosen to release early.

Binary

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Dec 23, 2015
Ok sorry for the lack of communication (we're too busy making this happen for you guys!)

I only have this to give you right now - the video is completely rushed and thrown together, more just to tease my dev ;p

Some big announcements coming soon.
The culmination of 2 years of progression and refinement.
Now with arguably one of the best mir development teams ever.

We're aiming for something in March, again, we're so busy we don't know quite what something is yet ;)

Enjoy:

Music choice is bizarre yet brilliant. (y)

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Thx Wittin for level headed response, was awaiting slighting attack, if not from you, than from others (who admit only upbeat views on any server).

Last night I went to TPath (didn't bother going inside caves there given the middling exp and no stellar drops from spiders), also checked out Dark Forest but found no mobs there, spent the rest of the evening in Mineral mines, worked my way do to 4F and got bag full of books up to level 31 archer skill but again no HM. I considered paying visit to Khazard but not having HM I didn't like facing the prospect of killing sea of frogs one by one and dropped the idea and instead popped into WT and got several WGs but again no HM book. Looks like I am cursed.

Then I recalled the PI patch on euro, how that brought in sharply better exp and decided to give it a go. On the way there, I checked out Hell province and its two caves. That one in the middle of burnt patch has man eating worms which I found way too hard, the other cave npc wants some admission token I don't have, no idea what drops it or where (very likely I couldn't hunt in that cave anyway).

As expected, exp is way better on PI, nice to see the tradition is carried on unchanged from euro days (not your fault, that's 'korean official mir2 setting' for you).

Went into the cave higher on the map (North) which I expected to be PC but which turned up to be PT (no idea why it was moved from its euro location down by the shore line, did they think that somehow makes things fresh or what?). Found I can handle mobs there for 0.2% per mob, did some 10% and got bunch of martial & kriss swords, Power axe, couple lev40 armours (war, arch), also some lev22 arms but no 33 ones (maybe those were also euro feature for us western softies and didn't exist on the korean mir?).

I checked ranking first time this time around (since I last played in Aug last year) and found it puzzling. There is just 16 players and only 6 lev20+? Where did all the others vanish? I recall vaguely there was more pple playing and I doubt they would all have gone out of their way to delete their chars or accts. You didn't do any pruning either since I am still there. What gives? Only particular example I recall is Chalace had char on server, don't recall the name but would remember it if I saw it, was level 27 or a bit higher. Maybe pple fall off the chart if not logged on for some time?

Also the rank1 lev27 warrior has boundless rings, both +3 DC ... looks a bit puzzling, especially compared to the rest of his items. Probably hand downs from guildies who deleted their chars and who got them from that replica of Easter event of last year?
All this makes that idea of Phoenix server you talked about last year unlikely to happen - development server to continue running alongside the new server when the time comes to open the doors to official server. I read your post above where you say something to the effect this won't happen. Maybe put off the decision on that?

Anyway, thanks for keeping the server open for pple to pop on. I'd like to support you at least like that, given you are the only one(s) to work on base files database.

Last edited:
Reactions: Wittin

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
So the rankings have never worked properly on the original files, only showing players who have logged in since the last reboot, everyone who made an account ever still has it currently. The thing is generally the consensus even amongst the oldest players and team is that wiping, so that everyone gets to start again on equal grounds is the preferred route, and let's face it no one will play the test server then anyways. Korean's have an interesting seasonal test server that serves this purpose, but sadly we're not planning anything like that any time soon since all focus is on getting this current file set as good as it can be. What we're planning is really just a re-roll of Phoenix but on our own bespoke, fit for purpose file set now.

Exp rate is authentic 1x

I did make a post to our website just the other day, kind of outlines a bit more regarding what's been happening with the team and where we're at with things.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
OK will check it out.

A 'secondary' or test server, if it is to be played, must not have any exp. or item perks, from events or whatever. That's because it is a server that pple play for a bit and then they take time off and nobody wants to watch out for some double exp weekends or event handouts or things like that. Not that I like to see those on regular servers either but I am not one to say.

Wow, some news there @ http://www.artificialmir.com/

Mind you, in past and still the other day, I found the website confusing, in that clicking a link opened up a picture and nothing else and I thought it had no content until I found almost by accident I needed to scroll down to show the webpage content. But it looks spiffy for sure.

Last edited:

Wittin

Ex-Δdministrator
VIP
May 7, 2003
Hard to say, we fix a lot of stuff, but find little bits more. A few of us were in the game last night actually was a good laugh, but it's not quite ready to present to the masses yet. In high spirits though, what we have now is really starting to take shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.