Ashes of Creation

smoochy boys on tour

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
I don't know, something about New World seems weird to me. They are missing some big points to make a great MMORPG. I think it'll end up being like TESO, GW2, etc. Good but not great.

While Ashes of Creation I think it stands a chance to bring something cool and fresh. I don't think it'll be a WoW killer as some say but still will be great if they don't **** it up. I am a little bit worried about the graphics, thought. Very detailed graphics on a MMORPG means **** performance when there's a lot of action.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
AoC has almost gone down the route of "too good to be true" lol.

Dynamic Biomes with ever changing Weather conditions and areas that adjust depending on what the player base has caused to happen. Such as killing too many people, or invading certain towns, too much population, guild wars...all have impacts on the landscape, the mobs that spawn, the entrances to dungeons etc.

It's basically the child of Guild Wars 2 (Siege Battles), Archeage (Housing Systems), and Black Desert Online (Trading/Alliances/Voting Systems), topped off with a decent combat system of both real time and target combat (Blade&Soul/Terra and WoW mixed in together). I believe there was something related to invasion type systems as well (I could be remembering that wrong)...so also RIFT...but obviously not alien related.

Then on top of this, everything you ever hated about each of those MMOs, they have either improved or corrected on or made changes to the parts that nobody liked.

They released a Battlegrounds type AoC already soley for improving their combat systems (Or so they say), not sure if thats even still open, I don't think it is.

But you throw it all in together, the Graphics, the 100v100 Seiges, the complete mixing of all the different types of brilliant systems we've experienced...it just seems too high to reach. I'm honestly hoping they do, because it would be amazing, but it just feels like too much work.

theduke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2006
It going to be great, for a couple months or so. Then it'll slowly die like GW 2, TESO, etc.
Last 30 Days17,569,901 monthly players619,756 more than previous month4%1,103,090 peak player count

GW2

• Wow
Reactions: deano13

theduke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2006
bdo doesnt have as many unique players, their daily player average is only higher slightly because its the start of a season and they promote AFKing 10hrs on dolls for skill points. bdo is avaliable on consoles too and gw2 is pc only. Gw2 is 9 years old and bdo is 7 years and already had a remaster so i would say gw2 is doing much better for an older single platform game.