Auto Shutdown whenever I open mir.

smoochy boys on tour

Shadozen

LOMCN Rookie
Dec 18, 2021
Hello, my laptop seems to have an overheating issue everytime I log on mir for 2 mins, fan runs at a faster speed, screen freezes then it automatically shuts down my laptop >.<. I've opened up my laptop and cleaned the fans and ventilators, and reduced max processor power to only 50% on power plans yet still same issue.

Had a look at CPU monitor and it seems that CPU processor 2,4 have an issue the bar goes up whenever I open mir and as soon as it reaches 100% shuts my laptop.

Right now I'm thinking of disabling all of my CPU cores and only leaving 1 but I got a question: can mir 2 be played on only one CPU core processor? If yes will the speed be the same as 8??

Thanks
Post automatically merged:

Installed a program similar to coretemp and guess what?? My processor cores are running at 89°C and that's on desktop with no apps opened!

Took laptop apart and cleaned fans, and ventilators space all clean now but still same issue.

So if it ain't the fans nor the CPU where can the problem be?

How can I fix this issue?

Last edited:

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
Have you tried installing updates on your laptop?

You could clear temp files using %temp% in search bar. Furthermore what model of laptop do you have?

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Hello, my laptop seems to have an overheating issue everytime I log on mir for 2 mins, fan runs at a faster speed, screen freezes then it automatically shuts down my laptop >.<. I've opened up my laptop and cleaned the fans and ventilators, and reduced max processor power to only 50% on power plans yet still same issue.

Had a look at CPU monitor and it seems that CPU processor 2,4 have an issue the bar goes up whenever I open mir and as soon as it reaches 100% shuts my laptop.

Right now I'm thinking of disabling all of my CPU cores and only leaving 1 but I got a question: can mir 2 be played on only one CPU core processor? If yes will the speed be the same as 8??

Thanks

Installed a program similar to coretemp and guess what?? My processor cores are running at 89°C and that's on desktop with no apps opened!

Took laptop apart and cleaned fans, and ventilators space all clean now but still same issue.

So if it ain't the fans nor the CPU where can the problem be?

How can I fix this issue?

If your processor temp is 89ºC while idling it's probably because the thermal paste is worn out. All the heat is kept there with no dissipation whatsoever.

My laptop was fine but I had to disable turbo boost in the BIOS to avoid high temperatures while playing but I guess you need to change the thermal paste or it won't make a difference.

Shadozen

LOMCN Rookie
Dec 18, 2021
I finally found the issue guys, faulty CPU fan, thanks for your help though.

Case closed and by the way I recently just found that this laptop model Fujitsu Siemens Celsius H700 is 11 years old lol so no wonder it has a faulty CPU fan, and yes I have installed all updates

Reactions: Omnibus