AV over IP

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
No.
Apart from watching the odd live, interactive webinar.

A friend works for a company who do all the temporary cabling for live sport microwave broadcasts such as the Premier League, Champions League and uplinks and other events. Pretty sure it will drastically change how all that works if and when bandwidth and protocols allow equivalent or superior data rates.

We keep getting offered VOIP services at work. Great, except our phone line is shyte, unless you have fibre to premises, you are still reliant on archaic wiring between cabinet and premises. Not quite the same but still reliant on a "good connection".

This is a basic link of info.

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
What are you using it for if you don't mind me asking?

If it is for conferencing, would it not be worth concidering Skype for Business or a similar product? That way you could do away with all the infastructure hassle.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Sorry should have been more specific.

I want to transmit some PowerPoint slides from one pc to 6 displays around a large site.

@Ardbeg im actually waiting for a callback from a matrox distributor. The devices they do seem a bit overkill for what I want though, 4k and such

Also you don't need fttp for VoIP. You just need reliable fttc. I can supply both for you if you want ;)

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: Seanofsmeg