Avengers: End Game

Join Discord

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
I liked it but Infinity War and Assemble are better... I was left somewhat disappointed with several aspects of Endgame, they were...

1) I'm not a fan of any time travel where the whole premise of the story isn't exactly that (i.e. back to the future is great) it sort of just negates the whole point in the first film and generally anything that comes before, to just go back and alter what happened - but i knew thats how it was going to go so that's just life, think many really feel the same. The whole time travel is tricky anyway.
2) Kind of wanted Thor to transform back and be god-like again to fight Thanos.
3) I didnt mind Cap holding Mjolnir. I dont like that his Shield (hardest material known to man) was broken in combat, just sucky continuity.
4) Not enough action, too much build up. The first hour was quite boring and then admittedly the part they all show up was awesome but wanted to see more fighting Thanos' army before ultimately wiping them out.

Number 1 is my biggest gripe too... Timetravel is a director/authors way of saying "I ****ed up, #REWIND .. fixed it, now time to resume.

HOWEVER.... this wasn't the usual go back and alter time. Everything that happened, still happened, Thors mums death etc... they just changed their current future rather than altered their past... which wasn't awful as the usual b/s they spin

Reactions: Swoosh and zedina

Vagrant

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 13, 2004
Romania
Number 1 is my biggest gripe too... Timetravel is a director/authors way of saying "I ****ed up, #REWIND .. fixed it, now time to resume.

HOWEVER.... this wasn't the usual go back and alter time. Everything that happened, still happened, Thors mums death etc... they just changed their current future rather than altered their past... which wasn't awful as the usual b/s they spin
Well the Russo's explained that they wanted to use a more ''modern'' time travel theory rather than the old usual if you change this in the past then the futre is different bull.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
The Russo brothers officially explained that he was always worthy and in Age of Ultron when they where messing with the hammer cap did not lift it because he did not want to ruin thors feelings. Also I dont know why you mad mr @Tai because even in the marvel comics cap uses mjornir

Tai said:
Basically he's a **** ******* super hero
I liked it but Infinity War and Assemble are better... I was left somewhat disappointed with several aspects of Endgame, they were...

3) I didnt mind Cap holding Mjolnir. I dont like that his Shield (hardest material known to man) was broken in combat, just sucky continuity.

"Hardest material known to man" doesn't denote "indestructible" does it. But it's ok for him to fully piggyback the "God of Thunder"'s powers for.... no apparent reason? GTFO

• Haha
Reactions: Swoosh

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
"Hardest material known to man" doesn't denote "indestructible" does it. But it's ok for him to fully piggyback the "God of Thunder"'s powers for.... no apparent reason? GTFO

So Capt can hold the hammer, does that now mean hes a God? So shouldn't of been an old fart? Or is my simpletons logic flawed here?

Also back to time travel.. he altered his past to grow old.. which would of altered all of their futures?...

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
So Capt can hold the hammer, does that now mean hes a God? So shouldn't of been an old fart? Or is my simpletons logic flawed here?

Also back to time travel.. he altered his past to grow old.. which would of altered all of their futures?...
guess you didn't watch any of the film lol. He's worthy to hold the hammer, hasn't made him a god with any extra strength. Also going to the past doesn't change the present. You could kill your past self and still be alive. Or bring your past self to the present and have 2 of you.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
guess you didn't watch any of the film lol. He's worthy to hold the hammer, hasn't made him a god with any extra strength. Also going to the past doesn't change the present. You could kill your past self and still be alive. Or bring your past self to the present and have 2 of you.
it has because he was controlling lightning too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
it has because he was controlling lightning too

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
that's just the power of the hammer. Without the hammer thor doesn't call lightning either

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
that's just the power of the hammer. Without the hammer thor doesn't call lightning either

Actually, this is untrue as of Thor: Ragnarok - Mjolnir was simply a means for him to train TO become the god of thunder, he always had the power within him but Mjolnir itself has the power of thunder, but to a much lesser extent.

Entire movie of Thor Ragnarok (great movie btw) builds up to him being able to use his powers finally fully unlocked, no hammer needed:

The reason the new axe was made was simply so he could kill Thanos, he needed a weapon strong enough that also helps channel the power of thunder

Basically, he upgraded from a PowerAxe to a GreatAxe

Reactions: Swoosh

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Actually, this is untrue as of Thor: Ragnarok - Mjolnir was simply a means for him to train TO become the god of thunder, he always had the power within him but Mjolnir itself has the power of thunder, but to a much lesser extent.

Entire movie of Thor Ragnarok (great movie btw) builds up to him being able to use his powers finally fully unlocked, no hammer needed:

The reason the new axe was made was simply so he could kill Thanos, he needed a weapon strong enough that also helps channel the power of thunder

Basically, he upgraded from a PowerAxe to a GreatAxe

Yeah fair enough i forgot that happened. But still, just being worthy to hold the hammer didn't give cap any extra godly strength (apart from i suppose not being hurt by lightning).

Reactions: Koriban

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Yeah fair enough i forgot that happened. But still, just being worthy to hold the hammer didn't give cap any extra godly strength (apart from i suppose not being hurt by lightning).

Of course it did, he gained whatever power was within the hammer. Or did you not see him casting bare Tbolts? I don't remember him doing that before :whistle:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Of course it did, he gained whatever power was within the hammer. Or did you not see him casting bare Tbolts? I don't remember him doing that before :whistle:

Thats what i said. He gets the power given to him by the hammer, which is lightning. But hes no more of a god. I was just replying to Smavids question "So Capt can hold the hammer, does that now mean hes a God? So shouldn't of been an old fart? ". Cap is not any more godly, he hasn't stopped aging etc - he just wields the power of the hammer.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Thats what i said. He gets the power given to him by the hammer, which is lightning. But hes no more of a god. I was just replying to Smavids question "So Capt can hold the hammer, does that now mean hes a God? So shouldn't of been an old fart? ". Cap is not any more godly, he hasn't stopped aging etc - he just wields the power of the hammer.

Oh sorry I tend not to read Smavid's posts :poop: