Ayndril 2.3 Hardcore PVPVE/BossHunting/None-Leveling Server

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Status
Not open for further replies.

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Looks good so far but i think dc needs upped a bit, and sc needs lowered a fair bit, poison will absolutely rape with that much sc :S But then again depends what you have the different spell powers set too.

I'll be more than happy to help you test it out a bit, drop me your msn BLZ!

:)

Edit: Ye, cheers for volunteering me dave...... prick.

Poison lasts forever, but warrs/wizards have level1 Puri, which works 1/10 times, so yeh can puri themselves, if they fancy standing still :P.

Also sc so high so SFB now hurts about as much as FC, probs a little less, (when sum1s red pois'ed), + combination of level curse with a 2020 delay (Only rly usable wen ur in a grp, if u use curse while ur solo, u'll never get newere)!

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Ill help test too if u like. I got plenty of time on my hands atm. Nym or Dave will give u my msn if u need it.

Nymph

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2010
Poison lasts forever, but warrs/wizards have level1 Puri, which works 1/10 times, so yeh can puri themselves, if they fancy standing still :P.

Also sc so high so SFB now hurts about as much as FC, probs a little less, (when sum1s red pois'ed), + combination of level curse with a 2020 delay (Only rly usable wen ur in a grp, if u use curse while ur solo, u'll never get newere)!
Ah, misread the part about puri, thought you said tao puri was capped to level 1, nice one. I like the met/blizz like delay on curse.
Ill help test too if u like. I got plenty of time on my hands atm. Nym or Dave will give u my msn if u need it.
Again with saying i'll do something fs.

WhoMeYou

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Mar 15, 2010
TOWIE!
Think this is just what the mir community needed tbh, i think aslong as its balanced and stats dont get to out of hand, this could go along way.
If you need anyhelp gimme a pm on Lomcn.
Nym Dave, your both gay!
/Topman

Advent

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 19, 2010
Think this is just what the mir community needed tbh, i think aslong as its balanced and stats dont get to out of hand, this could go along way.
If you need anyhelp gimme a pm on Lomcn.
Nym Dave, your both gay!
/Topman
Nymph you have been perm banned for letting someone else use your forum account.

Lo topman.

/Nymph <<<<<<<

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Taos SC looks too high, just concerned in a pvp orientated server, having them with pets and a stupid dmg multiplier as well will make them OP not to mention curse (Which when it lands you can get a couple of hits in before puri, make them flinch and set pets on them)

Advent

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 19, 2010
Taos SC looks too high, just concerned in a pvp orientated server, having them with pets and a stupid dmg multiplier as well will make them OP not to mention curse (Which when it lands you can get a couple of hits in before puri, make them flinch and set pets on them)
Take it you didn't read his posts then.

Curse will have the same delay as met/blizz and will be capped at level 1.

i.e. Once you cast it, it has a very small chance of actually landing, and you are stuck in one spot for a few seconds. He has clearly tested damage so they're not going to 2 hit people with SFB.

/NymphnotAdvent

Anonlol

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Feb 25, 2010
Even still, tao balance sounds like its going to make/break this server.. way hes talking SFB hits like Tbolt ish now, with pets or in a group fight you are going to flinch and taos can now rape you and not rely on pets for their damage.

With no levelling needed, and the ability to solo bosses more easily / more essential for groups it could end up being a server full of taos.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Any Tao that relies on their pets to do the damage shouldn't be playing as a Tao lol.

If anything the only thing i use pets for is to slow my enemies down, and against mobs so they attack it instead of me.

Hastelloy

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 11, 2006
Stone, UK
Any Tao that relies on their pets to do the damage shouldn't be playing as a Tao lol

quoted for truth!!

thats my pet hate for servers, taos moaning that their pets cant 1hit kill everything for them while they sit around and wait for the exp to roll in, pets are just there to get in mobs way and slow them down while u roll in with poison, curse, sfb etc lol, totally agree :) :thumbup1:

on topic, server looks interesting, as iv now finished uni for 5months holiday im sure il b showing my face if i dont get too into building my neverwinters nights server hehe

-J

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
quoted for truth!!

thats my pet hate for servers, taos moaning that their pets cant 1hit kill everything for them while they sit around and wait for the exp to roll in, pets are just there to get in mobs way and slow them down while u roll in with poison, curse, sfb etc lol, totally agree :) :thumbup1:

on topic, server looks interesting, as iv now finished uni for 5months holiday im sure il b showing my face if i dont get too into building my neverwinters nights server hehe

-J

Dam your Uni broke up already? lol

Ass! I got 4 exams and 1 deadline to go :(

Deadline is this Thurs and 4 exams next week an i'll be done....hopefully!

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
Even still, tao balance sounds like its going to make/break this server.. way hes talking SFB hits like Tbolt ish now, with pets or in a group fight you are going to flinch and taos can now rape you and not rely on pets for their damage.

With no levelling needed, and the ability to solo bosses more easily / more essential for groups it could end up being a server full of taos.

Ive tested this, tao's cant solo ne of the decent boss'es,

and SFB damage is capped in TD's files at 200ish damage neway regardless if u have sc 1000-1000.

and holy deva does next to no damage, and is just used to slow down people, and isnt a damage dealer.
Curse means u cant use ne spells for abot 4-5 seconds afterwards, and u wont be able to poisen and run around and let ur pets do the damage either!.

****ing terrible idea imo

please exsplain why.
No1's actually reading, there just see'in "pvp server" and presuming a mass gank fest in BW.
PVE is still a big part of the game, i have just decided to take out leveling, so as to attempt and balance pvp more,

I Will need a week testing period which will be closed beta, to a few select people, just to test stats, and pvp,
so i can tweak before release, as its hard to test damage on your own!.

Last edited:

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
I like the whole idea of merging some aion/wow things in mir and im looking forward to this server.

However im not exactly sure this is gonna work with some of the features u posted.

1)Items.Why only make 7-8 sets specially when the first 4 are acquired withing a week?Using 30ish soloable caves for 3-4sets sounds to me like a waste since why would some1 go back there after a week?Imo you should have close to 20 sets with 12 of em dropping in solo caves(way different stats/rarity obviously) and another 8 of em dropping in grp caves.

2)PVP.I dont think pvp will work the way you want.Im not sure if there are items with hp+ but on the screens you posted 2hits are possible considering wars gets 200dc ish and wiz has like 800hp.

3)PVE.You keep saying wars are supposed to be great dmg dealers and meat shields.Well with the stats on your screens you posted they deffo aint dmg dealers and also on mir i hope u do know there is no way to hold mob's aggro so i dont really see the use of a war with no pa/slow/para for bosses.

Neway could post tons more.Like i said server sounds really fun but requires tons of testing to balance it out and with 8 only sets to get i dont think it can last over 2weeks(unless ofc these are start sets and you will add tons more while its up).Consider this feedback instead of critisism

NightScare

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 11, 2005
Nottingham
I like the whole idea of merging some aion/wow things in mir and im looking forward to this server.

However im not exactly sure this is gonna work with some of the features u posted.

1)Items.Why only make 7-8 sets specially when the first 4 are acquired withing a week?Using 30ish soloable caves for 3-4sets sounds to me like a waste since why would some1 go back there after a week?Imo you should have close to 20 sets with 12 of em dropping in solo caves(way different stats/rarity obviously) and another 8 of em dropping in grp caves.

2)PVP.I dont think pvp will work the way you want.Im not sure if there are items with hp+ but on the screens you posted 2hits are possible considering wars gets 200dc ish and wiz has like 800hp.

3)PVE.You keep saying wars are supposed to be great dmg dealers and meat shields.Well with the stats on your screens you posted they deffo aint dmg dealers and also on mir i hope u do know there is no way to hold mob's aggro so i dont really see the use of a war with no pa/slow/para for bosses.

Neway could post tons more.Like i said server sounds really fun but requires tons of testing to balance it out and with 8 only sets to get i dont think it can last over 2weeks(unless ofc these are start sets and you will add tons more while its up).Consider this feedback instead of critisism

You forget to take into consideration TD's files

warriors own, with over 150dc and tdb, lol, for sum reason. and ur not takin into account wizzies shield either, with the HP thing, And holding aggro is quite easily as long as u dont have fk off retarded Wizzies AOE'in everywere ,+ warrs have entrapment and lionroar, which works on all mobs, And ive all rdy said they do get slow/acc items, just at sacrafice of dc.+ most instance mobs have AI of zuma's ect, so they dont walk in firewall,
Warriors shud 3-4 hit wizzies/tao's anyway, as thats the advantage of being the only melee class, the catch is, you have to catch them to 3-4 hit them :P

Now wizzies FF at low end tier items, SUCKS, FF is **** untill T4/T5, but Metstrike/blizz/FC/FD/ ect are all still decent, just for some reason FF is really ****ing bad till u get 200+mc
There is 8 Solo'able caves ingame, just 30+ Bosses, 5 bosses in each cave every 5minutes, as the caves are medium sized, and if i make it 1boss, no1 wud ever get a boss, so made it 5 :P. u can camp solo boss'es, kill the random lords around ayndril, ect always a boss to kill and people to fight!

Ive tested it and its pretty balanced, but obviously we'll know more wen advent/nymph/jamie have all logged on and helped me test further, as i cant 100% test pvp on my own,
I AM PROBARLY gonna have to revise stats, thats un-avoidable as 1 man cant test and implement everything

Obviously more sets will be added over time, but i dont really want to many items, that wat i dislike about servers such as FH, u get 1 set in the middle, and next week, ur 1 middle set is ****, and everyones in sum uber set that wasnt out a week ago, if u get me,

New items will be added, but at a balanced rate, not every weeks as i like £££ from egyptians who buy the new set. The items will be rare, as that is what this server is about, getting items, and pvping ect,

as ive said this is a rough guide, there will be exstensive testing, underway in the new few days, and ill post a fix off everything we have changed, i wotn be releaseing till im 100% sure it is balanced.

Last edited:

squall777

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Apr 3, 2004
Ye ok all good.Just seems you kinda lack knowledge of how some 2.3 mechanisms work.

For example TDB ignores shield/ac so take that in concideration when making kits
Also bosses attack the person who makes most dmg or uses a specific spell(like poison) so really entrapment/LR is useless on bosses(unless ofc u make em LRable at lvl80 which would be stupid imo).

Neway wont say ne more till i test/play server.Just 1 advice.Stop thinking ur server will last months/years.Might do and might not.Atm try make it fun for 3-4weeks (item wise or wotever) and if it all goes well since there isnt ne lvling which would stop ppl joinning ur server at ne time(catching up issues) time will tell.

elohelMeight

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Feb 8, 2004
Surrey
AyndrilWar- 20.00-21.00 Daily!
Owners of AyndrilWall, get own Name-Colour, Acess to personal
Kings Room (Every Boss Ingame spawns every Hour!).
Bosses drop AyndrilItems!.

Only part that kinda worries me.
As soon as 1 group of people have access to this cave they have access to the best kit (Probably, assuming best kit is named after server). Which could end the server fairly fast.

Gimme a PM with server details if you need help testing.

oisin

LOMCN n00bie
Jul 19, 2004
AyndrilWar- 20.00-21.00 Daily!
Owners of AyndrilWall, get own Name-Colour, Acess to personal
Kings Room (Every Boss Ingame spawns every Hour!).
Bosses drop AyndrilItems!.

Only part that kinda worries me.
As soon as 1 group of people have access to this cave they have access to the best kit (Probably, assuming best kit is named after server). Which could end the server fairly fast.

Gimme a PM with server details if you need help testing.
Thing is, its daily so the chances of one guild holding it constantly for a month is very slim. Imo items should get updated to be just slightly worse than the best kit ingame and be fairly rare. Also only wearable by anydril holders ofc :P

Status
Not open for further replies.