banning ****boys like jaime

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Hmmm, he provided 2 "stable" versions in avg of 1,5 years no?

Where are one of this stable version? Oh yea gone
And what happend with the second one? Oh yea, dead.

Daneo are you smoking that carrot again? 🤠🎣
Post automatically merged:

Yeah shane, the files are so unstable and built to last only few months that we are doing our own files back.

OOP wise, the code is clean, built wise, is ****.

No one doubts your commitment to trying to run a good server Zed....but you really do talk some **** lol.

You make it sound like the releases were nothing? They are currently the basis on what both Mir2 and Mir3 versions are running on (With the exception of 1 or 2), including your own.

Your attempts to make the files stable for longer periods (Such as big maps lol), have failed in my eyes....whether or not these have improved now or not is irrelevant, but you should be embarrassed by the attempts at shoddy coding and workarounds that we all experienced, your lack of testing and your willingness to hijack ideas and functionality after slating people very publicly for nicking yours.

You then also from the get go of gaining Zircon files, went all encrypt mode to ensure nothing can be seen/stolen etc, not only did this cause issues to your own user count (A lot of players gave up trying to get them to work because your encryption flagged as viruses), this also shows your unwillingness to contribute to anything.

Not disputing your desire to keep hold of your work, I personally think Jamie should have kept hold of it all lol....but don't go slating when you have no willingness to do it yourself.

Fact is you should be grateful, or you would be running nothing.

But as I said, you try very hard to run a good server....which is what a server owner should be...but you listen to the wrong ideas, you've made your server so care bear it's incredible, I honestly don't recall being so bored....add onto the shoddy coding and "fixes" I got sick of it. Then you have a very childish attitude of banning people from your server when they have conflicting criticism...which i'm told is normal for you? So i'm surprised it took you so long to start doing it, but old habits dies hard i suppose :D

But apparently the "hardcore" attitude I have to putting into the game isn't very common, and apparently everyone wants things so easily. Problem with that, is it doesn't last very long lol.

I imagine once a decent Mir2 comes up, all the Mir2 players you currently have will jump ship...there is a lot of desire for Mir2 servers at the moment.

Anyhow...Mir is done for me for this year probably....time to take my much needed Mir break as i've sunk enough time into the past 3 servers lol and see what's floating about in the new year maybe :D will see what the situation is then!

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
im just looking for sapphire updates/news

Same bitch, I don't know why Jamie is getting all this flack anyway. Even if he did make 168k off Zircon V1 it seems fair as he released it to the public after now every big Mir3 server online is from his files.

He shoulda re-released Marble until Saphire was ready, would of been a better shout.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Same bitch, I don't know why Jamie is getting all this flack anyway. Even if he did make 168k off Zircon V1 it seems fair as he released it to the public after now every big Mir3 server online is from his files.

He shoulda re-released Marble until Saphire was ready, would of been a better shout.
Its all jealousy.. Jamie is not forcing people to play his servers or purchase GameGold.

Next Mir2 I'm looking forward to is @Sanjian

Reactions: LightBringer

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Its all jealousy.. Jamie is not forcing people to play his servers or purchase GameGold.

Next Mir2 I'm looking forward to is @Sanjian

Same here, i've always had a soft spot for Sanj's work though, all the way back to Origins i loved his work, it will be great for the community.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Was tempted to stay out of this one but to throw my ring in the hat. I like that you posted something that other people might not just because it may be controversial but I think your wrong on this one.

If Jamie is back its a good thing for Mir 2 community i wish him all the well, glad to see him back and hope he sticks around for a long time.

The other guys have already brought up points of refunding GG ect which counteracts a lot of your arguments so ill not go into detail but his servers are good, they are stable and people enjoy them. They might not last as long as say chronicles does but they last longer than most servers. You know when you join one your getting at least 6-12 months, a healthy user count and good content which is all you can ask for these days as one person dedicating themselves to a 12 month business is a big investment both time and money. I am sure the first replay to this will be earned a fortune from previous servers but in my pinon if the server was good and people enjoyed it then isn't that the same for all producers of a game?

I dunno if i would say 30-40 user count is a failure I think that's an OK level considering our current player base on mir 3 servers and the fact normal Zircon is still going + Zircon files out there with people releasing all kinds of servers.

I think the demand at the min is for a good mir 2 server tho.

Reactions: Tai and Sanjian

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Yeah shane, the files are so unstable and built to last only few months that we are doing our own files back.

OOP wise, the code is clean, built wise, is ****.
The fact Zircon is still going, well over a year later kinda makes your "Last only a couple of months" statement seem a little silly.

On Zircon LR - Is this why the UC has dropped? Jamie has given up on it? I don't use Discord.

Lionsm!ght

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 28, 2015
The fact Zircon is still going, well over a year later kinda makes your "Last only a couple of months" statement seem a little silly.

On Zircon LR - Is this why the UC has dropped? Jamie has given up on it? I don't use Discord.

He didn't have the drop rates lined up with the levelling speed/uc for most people. All the weapons between level 38 and 45 where 1/250k drop rate. Even with a 100% drop boost you could do level 0-50 hunting them and not see one unless extremely lucky.

Uc never really took off and feedback seemed to be falling on deaf ears. Jamie makes great files but can be to stubborn to take feedback on board and make changes. I also don't think he has as much time to do stuff as he thought he would now he is doing courses in Japan and has a GF now.

On discord he has confirmed he will leave it up running but given the Uc isn't doing great and he can't see how to improve it he has given up on it.

Clearly not in it for the money having refunded all the GG purchases and the changes he made to cash shop really didn't mean you needed to donate much at all anyway. I think people just didn't want to migrate over to a new low rate so soon

Reactions: Exsodius

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Jamie had GameShop items trade-able, ex Hells selling 7,5k worth of GS stuff getting best kit etc but still sucking at pvp :p

Valk learned from his mistakes. His server gonna be interesting. #RipTPR

I think it would be Sanj's server that people will get the most hype for, as he, through and through, has had the best concepts, by far.

As for your targets to my server, it still makes me laugh, you take everything from the community and fuel it with ****, you clearly don't care about the game and wanted some money from the community, not to give people a game they will enjoy (hence why as soon as Zircon source released, you just switched from your source to his then released in a month or so)

TPR will be alive for as long as players want to play it, if the UC hits 0, of course it would close as it would be pointless keeping it open, until that day, its running and getting constantly updated.

You act as if you are above everyone else on here, as well as being a fountain of knowledge for everyone's lives, when in reality you are a sub par developer who literally realised how bad he was at coding, as you switched to a source you knew you could actually go live with, but then break parts of it anyway.

p.s. you also ask developers for help with stuff then slate them after you get what you want.
Top guy!

Reverance

Final Heaven
Supporter
Veteran
May 25, 2013
Scotland
giphy.gif

WelshSteel

Hallucination Critic
Dedicated Member
Dec 15, 2016
He has provided a Stable versions of both Mir2 & Mir3 for people to enjoy.

Did he release his Marble files?????

Can't help but chime in
I'm glad Jamie released files and develops servers, it suits him, he should do that for money instead, as his server management and people management is pretty much toilet, he's also fully aware of it and happy to take advantage. The direction of original Zircon after 1 month was plenty enough to make me fully realise, half way through Marble was pretty bad, I'm a little bit shocked people are so willing to commit!

I feel Jamie should feel grateful, not the other way round!

Last edited:

Reverance

Final Heaven
Supporter
Veteran
May 25, 2013
Scotland
Did he release his Marble files?????

Can't help but chime in
I'm glad Jamie released files and develops servers, it suits him, he should do that for money instead, as his server management and people management is pretty much toilet, he's also fully aware of it and happy to take advantage.

I assume he's referring to the base Crystal files that he released.

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
I think he is refering to the servers not the files. The Crystal file were far from stable when they were released.

LOMValkyrie

Known Cheater
Oct 31, 2018
i still wouldn't say they are entirely stable now, shove 300 users on them and they crumble without edits to the code.

Violent

Drinker Of Tea
Golden Oldie
Oct 7, 2008
Sheffield, UK
No, they are not stable. The amount of performance and robustness changes my team have done to our source are unreal. You have to give credit to the developers that are still working on that source though. They have brought it a long way still.

Reactions: LightBringer