banning ****boys like jaime

smoochy boys on tour

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Don't get me wrong I'm all for giving back to the community but why would you give your prized pooch away?

I think we're expecting more from our community than the rest of the world I.e I doubt we would be knocking on coke colas door going it's about time you give us your recipe I want to make my own coke...

Maybe my example is far fetched but hey the point remains the guy made marble, his files and he doesn't have to give them up. When you look at the Mir 3 section the usercount is dominated by zircon files which I think is a big investment as it stands.

I agree that I would prefer a longer shelf life on his servers and sometimes the rapid changes aren't always for the best but hey I would take that risk over someone I have never heard of releasing another euro clone but let's see what happens as I'll be keeping eyes peeled for sapphire

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Don't get me wrong I'm all for giving back to the community but why would you give your prized pooch away?

I think we're expecting more from our community than the rest of the world I.e I doubt we would be knocking on coke colas door going it's about time you give us your recipe I want to make my own coke...

Maybe my example is far fetched but hey the point remains the guy made marble, his files and he doesn't have to give them up. When you look at the Mir 3 section the usercount is dominated by zircon files which I think is a big investment as it stands.

I agree that I would prefer a longer shelf life on his servers and sometimes the rapid changes aren't always for the best but hey I would take that risk over someone I have never heard of releasing another euro clone but let's see what happens as I'll be keeping eyes peeled for sapphire

His prized pooch was Marble, we all know that. It's the perfect Mir2 low rate server if you take the Charms out, he should of released that.

Think if he released that, would be even more cashcow server's as more people build Mir2.

Reactions: Seanofsmeg

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Agree piff but hey let's hope there's reason for the madness such as saving the fun for sapphire haha

StormHero

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 19, 2015
His prized pooch was Marble, we all know that. It's the perfect Mir2 low rate server if you take the Charms out, he should of released that.

Think if he released that, would be even more cashcow server's as more people build Mir2.
All builds up the hype of knowing its coming, the amount of players ive seen all this year saying cant wait for sapphire in 2020.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Very true. Just hopeful Sapphire delivers.
Guaranteed that Sapphire will have a massive calling to it.

It's more the power creep on his servers seems to get quicker and quicker (although I can appreciate how it can get out of hand when introducing new content) haha

Reactions: Piff1

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
What Jamie needs is someone with experience of running a server in terms of the content and community.
That way he can stay in the background and code new features etc.

Never played Marble so no idea what "Charms" are that people say ruined it, but on Zircon the Gems for weapon upgrades ruined that server for me.
It was a good idea in a way, but the crazy stats it gave got out of hand. Basically became an expensive/time consuming way to hope for a lucky roll.
Very frustrating.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
What Jamie needs is someone with experience of running a server in terms of the content and community.

Never played Marble so no idea what "Charms" are that people say ruined it, but on Zircon the Gems for weapon upgrades ruined that server for me.
It was a good idea in a way, but the crazy stats it gave got out of hand. Basically became an expensive/time consuming way to hope for a lucky roll.
Very frustrating.

Seems like a fair pitch to aid running a server for Jamie here.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Very frustrating.

A number of us have made the same suggestion lol.

Part of the reason I suspect that he had Koriban as his community manager. His ability to code is second to none, but i think he would greatly benefit someone else running the main show and he can focus on bringing their ideas to light.

I didn't play Marble much either, but i believe the Charm mess was similar to that of the Orb mess of Zircon :D lol

Last edited:

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Charms were crazy

could get Life Charms ( +2 life on hit ) Could stack 20 of these.
PA/MR ( +2Mr/PR ) Could only stack 2
Drop rate / Exp ( 2% per one ) could stack 20 of these.

Each charm had a Skill buff on it to and there was a re-roll npc to re-roll the skill buff so everybody got what they wanted. You could only stack 2 of the Skill Buffs but some of them were silly like CHM 40% buff, with 2 that was 80% my CHM could hit for 500s+ my TDB couldn't hit that.

Before this was added, Marble was light years ahead of anything else we've seen.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Amazed that nobody moved this to the right section when it was posted.

instead it got deleted by djdarkboyz :D

HeadHunter

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jun 18, 2007
Stoke, UK
giphy.gif

tha4thface

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2009
130k from a Mir server? Tidy as f*ck.

Well played Jamie!

i cant help but say this. you must be a true sad act to spend hundreds on a non official server with user counts under 100 people. thats a mental problem. i can understand £20 maybe even £50 over the whole duration of your game but the fact that when you narrow it down, it is proberby the same 10-20 people that splash more cash than this. don't get me wrong your money is yours to do whatever with.
160k shows some people must of literally spent thousands each and i cant help but find that sad especially when its not even official. talk about Nerdism going past extreme.

and wemade wondered why its servers were no longer profitable, p2w was needed, not pay to play subs