Banshee Mir II [Discussion]

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

theduke

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 5, 2006
I tried the free premium pass for level 30-40 cave (Zuma one) and I didn't feel like it was a game changer tbh, yes more mobs but they still hurt and they also were only giving me 6-7k exp.
i did 30-31 in 30mins on a tao no exp pot. the point was gated content doesnt belong on a modded open source game. nearly as shitty at 3gena and his rental shoulderpads lol

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
Jumped on the server the other night after playing the beta heavily. A lot of needed improvements made to the live.

For you working alone, it’s very impressive to see how hard you’re working on getting fixes out and improving the gameplay for everyone.

👏 Keep up the good work @SPL1FF

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Good you see people holding out until seeing 1% of the server before leaving their review! 😝
I suppose you haven't heard that one about good first impression? I know its early judgement but than, I only judge the start, first impression.

I might have played on but patching issues prevented that and I CBA to press on given the non-plus start.
The server aims to blend the old with the new with my own spin on old classics. I want a nostalgic feel with more fun and less grind. I have made it a priority to make it look and feel professional, which I hope will be felt during people's stay.
Sorry but I didn't feel any nostalgia from mixed up map/mobs and the professional feel also let me down (game patching), but apparently it works for many more than you expected, so congrats. (y)

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
i like the server but the premium dungeon with 30% exp pots just put people in different leagues. paywalled dungeons make me sick as it should any gamer imo
The premium dungeon doesn't provide the best leveling, but it is a risk-free no-drop zone. Exp potions are cheap and everything can be purchased for gold in the game shop so is available to everyone.
I suppose you haven't heard that one about good first impression? I know its early judgement but than, I only judge the start, first impression.

I might have played on but patching issues prevented that and I CBA to press on given the non-plus start.

Sorry but I didn't feel any nostalgia from mixed up map/mobs and the professional feel also let me down (game patching), but apparently it works for many more than you expected, so congrats. (y)

I'm a little confused, you were in-game then all of a sudden had patching issues and couldn't continue? I would like to be able to help resolve this as very few people have had any major dramas getting into the game.

I'm sorry you didn't feel any nostalgia from hunting hens, oma's, and oma cave (if you got that far) during your 1% server experience - perhaps you experienced a different mir to the majority of us back in the day :) Apart from starting in Castle GI, there isn't any mixed-up map/mobs that you would have seen, so I feel you are scraping the barrel in terms of your review, but thanks for taking the time to try it out nonetheless.
Jumped on the server the other night after playing the beta heavily. A lot of needed improvements made to the live.

For you working alone, it’s very impressive to see how hard you’re working on getting fixes out and improving the gameplay for everyone.

👏 Keep up the good work @SPL1FF
Thanks, Jev, MANY improvements made since going live, I think I have logged about 320 tweaks so far and they are just the ones that have been worthy of logging!

Last edited:
Reactions: Caspi and Sanjian

Caspi

LOMCN n00bie
Jun 8, 2022
The premium dungeon doesn't provide the best leveling, but it is a risk-free no-drop zone. Exp potions are cheap and everything can be purchased for gold in the game shop so is available to everyone.

I'm a little confused, you were in-game then all of a sudden had patching issues and couldn't continue? I would like to be able to help resolve this as very few people have had any major dramas getting into the game.

I'm sorry you didn't feel any nostalgia from hunting hens, oma's, and oma cave (if you got that far) during your 1% server experience - perhaps you experienced a different mir to the majority of us back in the day :) Apart from starting in Castle GI, there isn't any mixed-up map/mobs that you would have seen, so I feel you are scraping the barrel in terms of your review, but thanks for taking the time to try it out nonetheless.

Thanks, Jev, MANY improvements made since going live, I think I have logged about 320 tweaks so far and they are just the ones that have been worthy of logging!
I don’t envy you trying to make everyone happy with the hundreds of different requests that all contradict each other but you’re doing a great job and the server is awesome, especially with these last few tweaks seems everyone is loving it.

Reactions: Sanjian

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Tried Ariss mir today and got wrong version on the very first launch and no fussing around would help.

Then decided to install the webview and made full new download and it worked. Then tried Banshee and it works , so my apologies and hopes that this webview was the problem.

Banshee mir I could log on the first day and play to lev13, only seen skeles on 1F and 2F was too many of them for my level. Then I tried to make return a a week later and no longer could get on, was getting wrong version error no matter what I did. Someone said he had to make new download of the whole game but that was too much for me, given I was trying for half &%^ return, so let it go and only tried launching Banshee today to check if it might work with that webview.

Webview is just to display webpage in the autopatch panel, on the surface of it it shouldn't cause the wrong version error but maybe it does that after all. Or again it was just a fluke and the problem will return. I will keep you posted.

SPL1FF

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Banshee
Game Master
Mar 24, 2003
Tried Ariss mir today and got wrong version on the very first launch and no fussing around would help.

Then decided to install the webview and made full new download and it worked. Then tried Banshee and it works , so my apologies and hopes that this webview was the problem.

Banshee mir I could log on the first day and play to lev13, only seen skeles on 1F and 2F was too many of them for my level. Then I tried to make return a a week later and no longer could get on, was getting wrong version error no matter what I did. Someone said he had to make new download of the whole game but that was too much for me, given I was trying for half &%^ return, so let it go and only tried launching Banshee today to check if it might work with that webview.

Webview is just to display webpage in the autopatch panel, on the surface of it it shouldn't cause the wrong version error but maybe it does that after all. Or again it was just a fluke and the problem will return. I will keep you posted.
Appreciate trying again! You will likely need to latest client if you are getting wrong version. If you ask for it on the discord channel either myself or someone can provide it. There are a huge amount of great guys and girls playing who are playing so will get you sorted in no time at all.

Reactions: mir2pion

Vaynes

Banned
Banned
Mar 4, 2022
His opinion is irrelevant. Guy played for 10 mins then made a comment, Classic no brain. But great first server. There were some issues to begin with i.e no pvp/pve multipliers, way overshot the drop rate on normal mobs. But spliff been very responsive to changes, still a good server and can only see it getting better. I'm not playing it any longer due to time and I just don't feel the economy in the game can recover from what happened at the start. But it was still fun

Caspi

LOMCN n00bie
Jun 8, 2022
My full review after playing since the server launched.

I haven’t played Mir since original Mir and after playing Mir on my mobile previous to this I thought why not try and see if it’s still possible to play Mir for a nostalgia journey and that’s when I found Banshee.

From logging in I’ve had an absolute blast and brings back good memories from when I used to play. I’ve had to learn a lot of new stuff but had fun exploring the new content and added activities and things you can do etc

Spliff has been listening to the entire userbase getting feedback and trying to balance, keep everyone happy and adding what he thinks are good changes for all.

He is constantly updating and making the server better, with regular announced events and surprise events when in game.

The player base is cool with a good amount of pvp and also if you are not a fan of pvp it’s possible to play without as everyone is quite chill.

If you are worried about catching up to people who have been playing, don’t because there are plenty of catch up mechanics for exp etc in game to easily get to the high levels.

Really enjoying this server 👍

CraiG^

Legend
Legendary
Jun 22, 2003
Scotland
My full review after playing since the server launched.

I haven’t played Mir since original Mir and after playing Mir on my mobile previous to this I thought why not try and see if it’s still possible to play Mir for a nostalgia journey and that’s when I found Banshee.

From logging in I’ve had an absolute blast and brings back good memories from when I used to play. I’ve had to learn a lot of new stuff but had fun exploring the new content and added activities and things you can do etc

Spliff has been listening to the entire userbase getting feedback and trying to balance, keep everyone happy and adding what he thinks are good changes for all.

He is constantly updating and making the server better, with regular announced events and surprise events when in game.

The player base is cool with a good amount of pvp and also if you are not a fan of pvp it’s possible to play without as everyone is quite chill.

If you are worried about catching up to people who have been playing, don’t because there are plenty of catch up mechanics for exp etc in game to easily get to the high levels.

Really enjoying this server 👍
100%, this is the first server I've sunk a great deal of time into in years.

Wrongsides

LOMCN n00bie
Sep 9, 2015
I just happened to be curious about Mir around the time of Banshee's launch while initially I wasn't sure about joining a new server as opposed to one of the long running ones I'm really glad I did. SPL1FF has done a great job of maintaining the quintessential Mir essence while improving quality of life and accessibility above and beyond the base game.

Discord is friendly and helpful, and the server population is great. You can find a quiet cave and sneak a boss or two, or you can guild up and go for the big ones & perhaps a battle for it. Something for everyone, especially a classic Mir fan, with perhaps less time available than we had to play the first time round.

Haven't bought anything from the cash shop yet, as I don't really feel the need. I will probably buy some GG as a contribution to ongoing work and hosting costs, speaking of which the server runs great

Edit: /Zakalwe /ChipMo