Battle Of The Immortals

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
For those who have not seen it PW are bringing out a new MMO called Battle of the Immortals, it is a 2.5D Isometric game with stunning graphics.

The official site is
http://boi.perfectworld.com/

Here is a video of some of the game play
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HV2WG8ifpk&feature=player_embedded

There are loads of features, an in depth pet system
http://boi.perfectworld.com/news/?p=21071#more-21071

There is a mount system and these can be upgraded
http://www.perfectworld.com/blog/?p=7901

Zodiac pets
If you were born last week, first of all, Happy Belated Birthday! It also means that your zodiac sign is Aries, which includes anyone born last week (3/21) through to April 19. If you read my previous blog posting on pets in Battle of the Immortals, you’ll know that this is probably my favorite feature.

So when Battle of the Immortals Product Manager Jon Belliss swung by and told me that there would be timed limited edition pets available for players to capture that corresponds to the current Zodiac symbol. Mind blown! Not only am I able to share the below concept image of the what the Aries Zodiac pet will look like, but we’ll be doing this for each Zodiac pet as they come up in-game.
Pet-Aries.jpg

New player rewards
In Battle of the Immortals, a new adventurer is not alone. For the first thirty minutes of being in game, you receive free gifts!
In the first five minutes, a player buff called Deity's Blessings is delivered straight to your bag. It gives +50 to Physical Attack Power and +50 to Magical Attack Power for 30 minutes!
If you stay on for ten more minutes, you get a free pet! An awesome Koala pet egg appears in your bag, ready to become your companion!
playerreward_koala_image.jpg

There's still more! After fifteen more minutes in Battle of the Immortals, you are bestowed with a magnificent cape!
And finally, you're probably getting a little low on pockets at this point, so after twenty more minutes, your bag automatically expands five more slots!
And now that you're all geared up, enjoy the game!

Some mount screenshots
99252048.jpg

94003660.jpg

75615743.jpg

66906810.jpg

31157203.jpg

37827794.jpg

I asked on the forum about the PvP rule set and here is a reply, lets hope they have not changed it too much from the Chinese version
As for where you can and cannot pvp, it looks like the game works similarly to EVE online. There are safe areas where you can't pvp at all, which are analogous to EVE's high-sec systems, neutral areas where you can pvp, but with penalties, analogous to EVE's low-sec systems, and Chaotic areas where you can pvp as much as you want without accruing penalties from pking, analogous to EVE's 0-sec systems.

From what I can make out, players over level 60 have a chance to drop items and money when they die in pvp. Players lower than 60 only drop money. People who PK non-pkers and/or lowbies a lot in the neutral areas get their name in red and have a higher chance of dropping items and money. They also mention something about a prison. I also believe it says that non-tradable items and soulbound items cannot be dropped when you get pked.

This is a game I am 100% going to be playing, it's going to be F2P and they have re done the cash shop for the western market so it will not be over powered and you cant buy stuff to make you super uber and own everyone like you can in China.

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
deffo be trying this game play looks awsome.

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
looks like to much effort gone into it tbh :P

although it looks ok, depends how much grinding ya gotter do

Tashohnie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 13, 2009
I hope high end it's like RO rebirth 98-99 5 hours for 1%. If it's like that I can't wait.

Kani

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
May 8, 2007
i just hate being lvl 20 for 2 weeks ¬¬

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
Pet-Aries.jpg

Wow, that looks like a Female Draenei in T4 Paladin gear.

Even the logo looks like the WoW logo...

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Gonna give this a shot, found beta key in my inbox.

Whos playing and whats your views on it?

Damn this download is slow.

Geordiehc

Mad Dog Geo
VIP
Jul 4, 2007
Redditch, UK
Its alright....... 2d game or 2.5 as they call it.. nice pet system.... bored after 1 day and nver logged back on lol but im fussy

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Its alright....... 2d game or 2.5 as they call it.. nice pet system.... bored after 1 day and nver logged back on lol but im fussy

A full day? The game is horrible lol, got the WoW interface with the Runescape font..just looks completly messy, horrible to controle.