Battlegrounds...?

smoochy boys on tour

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I believe the BG drops were also much much worse than the actual bosses.
Which is needed for this style of cave.

Boss spawns were much more frequent and easier to access, so you take the hit of a lower drop rate.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Most private servers don’t have the numbers to make Bg work , trying to find a group of 9 people is usually quite hard except at the start of servers.

Could obviously work just need the users for it , Euro wasn’t a problem you just stood in PI shouting for a tao for bg

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Most private servers don’t have the numbers to make Bg work , trying to find a group of 9 people is usually quite hard except at the start of servers.

Could obviously work just need the users for it , Euro wasn’t a problem you just stood in PI shouting for a tao for bg
Make it 1 - 1- 1

If you get 3 -3 - 3 you get a more difficult BG with better drops.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Make it 1 - 1- 1

If you get 3 -3 - 3 you get a more difficult BG with better drops.

A Tiered/Scaled BG for smaller groups could be good, alternatively a punishment could be applied to smaller groups. There is also now 5/6/7/10 classes so the whole entry system could be revised to a minimum group size i guess?

You could just apply a time allocation per player, group of 10 = 50minutes, group of 5 = 25minutes, then give bonus times for when they have say 1 of each class, or 3 of each etc?

• Dislike
Reactions: LOMValkyrie

Chalace

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 18, 2014
I believe the BG drops were also much much worse than the actual bosses.
Which is needed for this style of cave.

Boss spawns were much more frequent and easier to access, so you take the hit of a lower drop rate.

This.

My first thought reading this was "well that's a sure-fire way to **** the economy"
Either make it a Saturday event, open for a few hours, or reduce the drops ALOT if you want it more frequent.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
Drops were severely reduced , probably 1/10 of the real thing if not more
Post automatically merged:

Wasn’t that many bosses either off top of my head

MTK
BL ?
ZT
DD ?
ES
Few ETs

I even remember the route to run 🤣

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Drops were severely reduced , probably 1/10 of the real thing if not more
Post automatically merged:

Wasn’t that many bosses either off top of my head

MTK
BL ?
ZT
DD ?
ES
Few ETs

I even remember the route to run 🤣
That list looks right but I think it was an IZT, not ZT?

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019
A one way map with subs/bosses en route to the lord sounds good to me, the group allocation wud be a prob on tpr if needed certain classes there’s like 2 active sins on there
Anyways hope to see it 👌

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
would be epic but use your existing mobs/bosses don’t clone the original style mobs! And maybe a group of 4 of any class on here, but yer make it if you ungrp you get teled!

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Oh man Battlegrounds is nostalgia heaven for me, I spent so much time in there on euro Mir to the point where i had 8 noobs in PJ and a macro to log them on and group them up LOL.

Solo in there on a 45 wiz with a pro ring+rda was easy mode :D

But yeah the drops we're significantly less that the real bosses and they never dropped the uber rares to my knowledge. Had few level 40 weps, high level books and loads benes, gems etc. but the EXP was actually quite decent too was the best place for me to level at 43+ even better than duo FF/TSing.

On Artificial, me and @Wittin have replicated the official BG's to the best of our knowledge hehe :D

• Love
Reactions: Wittin and Hercules

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Oh man Battlegrounds is nostalgia heaven for me, I spent so much time in there on euro Mir to the point where i had 8 noobs in PJ and a macro to log them on and group them up LOL.

Solo in there on a 45 wiz with a pro ring+rda was easy mode :D

But yeah the drops we're significantly less that the real bosses and they never dropped the uber rares to my knowledge. Had few level 40 weps, high level books and loads benes, gems etc. but the EXP was actually quite decent too was the best place for me to level at 43+ even better than duo FF/TSing.

On Artificial, me and @Wittin have replicated the official BG's to the best of our knowledge hehe :D

Attachments

• 742BDEFD-942C-497F-8D79-3CA2041FA929.jpeg
    742BDEFD-942C-497F-8D79-3CA2041FA929.jpeg
    169.9 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Wittin

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
It Was izt

Went es right route, through to cs, down to izt to mtk(?) I think

Could also run down or top left through spiders

Couldn't drop or break items, could murder+curse but no drops from pk.

Mobs didn't break stones, tongs did tele to you but they was only in top section

Bg dropped well on euro, lived inside it as a 45 wiz duo ffing with horseboy...

Oh the days of going to guild mode on entry killing 7 players then geeking inside til yellow..ahhhhhh.

Last edited:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Horseboy was in WORD... I think?
Was you?

Could be wrong, but I recognise the name.

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
I remember logging my brothers wizz ARCHANGEL01 ,teleing into BG with another FF wizz and some lower levels , forgot to change mode and level 3 FF raped everyone on entry

Didn’t play much of his char after that

Reactions: WhyJewBanMe

WhyJewBanMe

Toxic
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2018
Pi pot shop
Horseboy was in TM later on primarily in word I think, with algavyaltyr or w.e his name was lol
(That guy turned out to be son0fthedog/ali)
Hamad/icebreaker/Thegreatwarr \ often mistaken for thegreatgrrr are his alts

I played muhatma/chucksnwoku

Last edited:

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
One big map. 3 of every class. Random tele in spot. Mobs tele on top of you if your not more than 6 spaces and have caught there attention. Mobs and bosses spawn same spots isn't random only your spawn spot is but you tele in as a group. Isn't instances anyone can access and fight each other.