Battlegrounds...?

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
So its been thrown up as an idea to implement it into TPR.

However what is everyones understanding of how the original Battle Grounds works?
as I can't remember jack about it, and would like to know so I can scope it out!

Reactions: Belle and deano13

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015
9 people in a group , 3 wiz , 3 tao , 3 warr , have to be within x range of the group or get teleported out

Loads of bosses , medium amount of mobs , 1 hour to fill your boots and then get teleported out

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
9 people in a group , 3 wiz , 3 tao , 3 warr , have to be within x range of the group or get teleported out

Loads of bosses , medium amount of mobs , 1 hour to fill your boots and then get teleported out

is it instanced per group, or can multiple groups go to the same BG map?

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Apocalypse had it multiple groups and it was fun fighting guild v guild! But they did have it so u can get teleported in, do your 1hour but aslong as u didn’t TT u could camp there forever.
Post automatically merged:

Enjoyed owning TheMob in there with @Tai ”Connor mcgreggor” made it entertaining to say the least.

They did set times of entry to make guilds go together for more fun, u didn’t drop off body.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
There was a similar thread on this in the Apoc section you might find useful https://www.lomcn.org/forum/threads/battleground.101036

Apocalypse had it multiple groups and it was fun fighting guild v guild! But they did have it so u can get teleported in, do your 1hour but aslong as u didn’t TT u could camp there forever.

Enjoyed owning TheMob in there with @Tai ”Connor mcgreggor” made it entertaining to say the least.

They did set times of entry to make guilds go together for more fun, u didn’t drop off body.

Good times indeed

Reactions: LightBringer

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
From what I remember, but it has been a while so I may be totally wrong...

The cave had a certain amount of bosses, all that spawned in certain areas of the cave, so no random spawns.
PT mobs would be spawned in one area and there was an MTK there too.
Zuma mobs in another section, with an IZT
Etc etc

Other groups also went into the BG, so it wasn't only one group in there but it was a non drop zone.
I'm sure there will have been more than the one BG map though, as I don't recall it ever been too busy with other groups - So maybe like 4 groups per map?

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
From what I remember, but it has been a while so I may be totally wrong...

The cave had a certain amount of bosses, all that spawned in certain areas of the cave, so no random spawns.
PT mobs would be spawned in one area and there was an MTK there too.
Zuma mobs in another section, with an IZT
Etc etc

Other groups also went into the BG, so it wasn't only one group in there but it was a non drop zone.
I'm sure there will have been more than the one BG map though, as I don't recall it ever been too busy with other groups - So maybe like 4 groups per map?

I thought it was one map, getting 3,3,3 was a pain at times!

Never remember teleporting if too far from group though as somebody mentioned. I think all tongs teleported onto players to stop people running miles ahead with ease to bosses. I also remember that you could if in 2 groups do all bosses but it wasnt an easy task?

• Dislike
Reactions: LOMValkyrie

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I thought it was one map, getting 3,3,3 was a pain at times!

Never remember teleporting if too far from group though as somebody mentioned. I think all tongs teleported onto players to stop people running miles ahead with ease to bosses. I also remember that you could if in 2 groups do all bosses but it wasnt an easy task?
You may be right actually, it may have just been one big map.

We'd usually take two or three groups at a time.

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
I'd like to see something like WoW battlegrounds.

Random teams so strong people can group together.
Goals like capturing the flag (Warsong Gulch), controlling locations (Arathi Basin), massive battles (Alterac Valley).

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Apoc done it badly, you didn't get Teleported out if you ran away from your group, resorting in people like Touchy un-grping, and staying in there for hours and hours on end Solo smasing MTK / Zt over and over, not 1 mob in that cave could see through hiding so he hardly even used pots.

BG also worked a little weird kinda like mystery cave where, Bug Cave mobs hit harder than PT mobs.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Mystery Cave... That place had so much potential.

I used to go there a lot in the very early days. Would sell items saying they had some great stats, but turned out they were terrible - MC0-1 ring etc. Would say it was MC0-5.
You only saw "???" in trade window. Some folk were stupid enough to buy them.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Mystery Cave... That place had so much potential.

I used to go there a lot in the very early days. Would sell items saying they had some great stats, but turned out they were terrible - MC0-1 ring etc. Would say it was MC0-5.
You only saw "???" in trade window. Some folk were stupid enough to buy them.

They were the days, i actually got a decent MysteryWheel, Dc 4 had a lot of other 0-1 stats onit too. Remember locking it to my War and you needed Mystery Water to take the items off if i remember correctly. Shame they never did more with that cave.

Was a great cave, Deers and Hens would smash the **** out of you, Wts would hit you for like -5s lol.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Apoc done it badly, you didn't get Teleported out if you ran away from your group, resorting in people like Touchy un-grping, and staying in there for hours and hours on end Solo smasing MTK / Zt over and over, not 1 mob in that cave could see through hiding so he hardly even used pots.

BG also worked a little weird kinda like mystery cave where, Bug Cave mobs hit harder than PT mobs.

Touchy was all for himself that’s for sure

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Touchy was all for himself that’s for sure

Yea he was a pure geek, sucked at PK though. Bet he made his fair bit of ££ off Apoc though. MTK and ZT in BG dropped insanity for first few days then they ninja nerfed. He was getting holy stones nearly every Zt / MTK, they was selling for 5-6Mill at the time.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
They were the days, i actually got a decent MysteryWheel, Dc 4 had a lot of other 0-1 stats onit too. Remember locking it to my War and you needed Mystery Water to take the items off if i remember correctly. Shame they never did more with that cave.

Was a great cave, Deers and Hens would smash the **** out of you, Wts would hit you for like -5s lol.

Ahh when you got a good item, equipped in but then realised you didnt have the mystery water and had to wait (im sure it was a week) to enter it again (every sunday?) - might have just been on a private server.

Was one of the best ways to get early DC/MC/SC+ helmets too.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Ahh when you got a good item, equipped in but then realised you didnt have the mystery water and had to wait (im sure it was a week) to enter it again (every sunday?) - might have just been on a private server.

Was one of the best ways to get early DC/MC/SC+ helmets too.

Yea pretty much how it was, Was normally pretty easy to get your hands on a Mystery Water though few people had them stacked up. Aye the helmets were great, just a shame u'd rarely see them with Ac/Amc.

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
Bring back mystery cave, never played on official but on many private servers - loved it!

Slave cave, Mystery Cave, Battle Grounds, Ghoul Room.

Mystery caves was on the BC route to Serp Valley wasn't it? -

Would love more easter egg style maps hidden on paths and routes!

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Mystery Cave originally was in the Mines. There was an NPC and it only opened something like Tuesday 7-9pm and Sunday 7-9pm.
Days and time may be wrong.

Ghoul Cave was always fun if you managed to get there with not many others. Sometimes you'd have loads of people waiting for the zombie hole to appear. By time you get in you manage to kill one Ghoul that dropped sweet FA.
Was always lethal as a lower level Wiz, instant die by time you got ported in.

Then they added the Lower Level, Mid Level and High Level caves.
Mid level having WT, ES and ZT spawn. Was literally a free for all. I used to have the run through cheat and try jack drops.
Think you had to be under level 30 to enter, so it was always fun seeing loads of low levels fight for the bosses.
High Level cave was Slave Cave I believe.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Mystery Cave originally was in the Mines. There was an NPC and it only opened something like Tuesday 7-9pm and Sunday 7-9pm.
Days and time may be wrong.

Ghoul Cave was always fun if you managed to get there with not many others. Sometimes you'd have loads of people waiting for the zombie hole to appear. By time you get in you manage to kill one Ghoul that dropped sweet FA.
Was always lethal as a lower level Wiz, instant die by time you got ported in.

Then they added the Lower Level, Mid Level and High Level caves.
Mid level having WT, ES and ZT spawn. Was literally a free for all. I used to have the run through cheat and try jack drops.
Think you had to be under level 30 to enter, so it was always fun seeing loads of low levels fight for the bosses.
High Level cave was Slave Cave I believe.

Strange isn't it, such simple concepts like these can keep people happy for months pking in some small maps with good bosses only really see it as places like paralord these days.

like smav said, more easter egg style maps.. So easy to do and hold their value for such a long time. BG being the big one for me, no clue why more servers are putting this in and putting their own twists on it, it encourages group play massively.