black screen *different one*

smoochy boys on tour

Onion

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2003
UK
I know there's the black screen after login with the PnP enabled but I've had this disabled from past use of servers. This is a black screen when mir.exe is first loaded.

I get all the DB server etc. running fine and go to open mir.exe but when it loads i get login music but a black screen. Anyone know wot's up with it. I've got the right ini files too. Got IceMan's server files and i think BDE looks set up correctly.

Thanks in advance.

morrigu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 9, 2004
try toxicks exe from releases page all other dont seem to work for me but that 1 does for some reason make sure your client is upto date aswell

Upvote 0

Onion

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2003
UK
ah hang on i copied the real mir folder that i still play. It's got the xmas patch on it too.... Could that be the reason it's not working?

If i just reinstall the 1.9 client should it work or should it work how it is?

I'm using mir.exe from here http://www.lomcn.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=25558 only one that seems to be on release page now anyway so can't use another one.

Upvote 0

Onion

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2003
UK
ffs.... Right client's working now but now getting black screen after login.

Set up everything as I should have done in the 'simple' guide but still not sorted :(

Thanks Morrigu you've got me half there :)

Upvote 0

morrigu

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 9, 2004
the guys 3in1 server is down at the moment check sticky on forum. thats why u cant connect. if u got a network at home run it on that use you internal ip in the dbserver folder dbsvc.ini and in the setup.txt in mir200 then run the 3in1.exe on the machine thats not running the server files hope this helps
!you need atleast 2 machines to run the 3in1 as it wont run of same machine as files

Upvote 0

Onion

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 26, 2003
UK
At uni so no network, I'll wait until the server is back up and try again.

Tyvm for ur help m8.

Upvote 0