Blue screen on boot up

smoochy boys on tour

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
For some reason I don't why I decided to disable everything on boot up... Why God only knows I'm an idiot...What I done was change boot settings to 2 cores and maximum ram, I then went to the next tab and choose disable all on boot up, it then prompt me to restart, and now all I'm getting is the blue screen

kcj7f9.jpg

I have tried running the system repair to get
Nothing... I have tried restoring from my last backup which was 3 days ago and nothing...

Can anyone shed some light or isit going to have to be a fresh install of windows?

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Can you get to Safe Mode ?

---------- Post Merged at 08:53 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 08:49 PM ----------

Try and get to safe mode then enter MSCONFIG in the start button edit box.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Try removing the CMOS battery for 60seconds, then put it back in and boot up.

Then don't be dumb and disabled everything on bootup lol.

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
I don't think its ram because the error message on the blue screen is BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO

No safemode won't boot either

Guess I'm going to have to try removing the battery, not a clue where it's located but I thought this was only for the date and time??

Last edited:

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
It'll turn on, get the windows logo, then blue screen, restart and same again, iv tried restoring from a previous date, tried all the repair options but same outcome, won't even boot into safemode just goes to the same blue screen :(

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Well removing the battery etc. won't make any difference then.
How do you try to restore to a previous date if you can't get past the startup ?

I see the monitor is Asus, is the computer as well ?
If so, look for their support number and call them tomorrow. They were brilliant with me when my lappy locked up mid update and just gave me a black screen.
They talked me through what to do on the phone and I got it sorted. They'll know special keyboard entries that give access that we won't know about.

---------- Post Merged at 10:16 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 10:14 PM ----------

Just thought of another thing.
Have you any external USB items plugged in or mobile phone connected ?
These can sometimes stop a boot up.

d1craig

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Aug 12, 2010
so you didnt mark the box "hide all windows items" when you done it?

always wondered what would happen if i did disable EVERYTHING lol.

have you tried sticking your windows disk in and reformatting? that is the only option you have left from what i can see.

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
It's not an Asus pc it's Alienware, when I try windows repair it fails and it takes me to that System Recovery Options, I have tried the startup repair and system recovery both of which lead to the blue screen once complete... The only thing I haven't tried is the Repairing the master boot record.

Last edited:

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England
Not worth trying the command then? It's so weird I would of thought restoring back to an earlier date would have solved this :S

---------- Post Merged at 01:58 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:59 AM ----------

Iv given up, won't even blue screen anymore just stays at the windows logo, fresh install it is :/