Request Blue tinted mobs for new PT 'blue' maps?

smoochy boys on tour

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
I recall Wooma blue re-colored mobs on some server but no idea anymore what server it was or even if it wasn't Wooma but PrajnaTemple mobs. Who's work was that?

I found 'new' PT maps in Fables map pack ('Arthas' map set) but it is incomplete, Lobby, KR and 5F East maps are missing. I kind of like the look and decided to finish it. I've done Lobby and KR maps and now before starting on 5F East map I figured I should ask around if someone might have completed the set already since it is not exactly just a few hours job even if I am getting better at it as I go.

Also, if those re-colored mobs were WT ones, if whoever did those might do the same for PT mobs? But maybe the stock PT mobs will look acceptable on these bluish maps.

Besides making the missing maps, I found those already in the set are kind of 'off the cuff' make, back limits need editing and like in the example here, all maps are missing North & South corner pillars. First I thought it was intended, the idea might have been to slowly add the interesting map features as you go to deeper floors but all maps except 7F are missing these pillars. And since 7F does have them, it is not as if whoever did these maps didn't have them (not found them in the libraries).

1637179597738.png

What I myself can't find in the libraries are these arches (in blue color) that surround staircases like in this pic. I suppose the maps can get by without them but still it is weird that someone would redo all temple elements and just leave out these.

1637182192398.png

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
That's great, I don't recall seeing these mobs on servers I played. These would fit like glove. It doesn't need to be a copy of PT in all respects.

A pic of the KR, the bones are from the euro PT map where they blend in. I left them in but wonder if I should remove them or at least some that stand out too much, like that piece on the left in the detail pic (fully zoomed in size). I don't have any color themed bones, only small fist size rocks patches which I put in but they are pretty well invisible beside the light bones.

D2079_Arthas_M2P_KR.jpg

1637298300090.png

Last edited:

iJam

To the rhythm
VIP
Oct 8, 2007
London
What I myself can't find in the libraries are these arches (in blue color) that surround staircases like in this pic. I suppose the maps can get by without them but still it is weird that someone would redo all temple elements and just leave out these.

View attachment 26601

Did you recolour these ? If not I did this awhile back I can upload over weekend.

Reactions: Jev

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Did you recolour these ? If not I did this awhile back I can upload over weekend.

That would be nice, pls do. I didn't do much anything with maps since I posted here because I ended up putting all time into map editor improvements.
That is now almost finished, I still have a few perks in mind for it but it is almost certain those would require Akaras' touch.

I've done lobby map in the blue theme that looks like the original PT but then I found in Wild Dragon client a re-make of the blue lobby with a nice spin to it but that one is missing entrance for some reason, that could easily be added. Maybe 3gena will have something to say regarding it. Likely it isn't used in the server.

D2070_Arthas_M2P.Map.jpg

There are more map elements in that blue style that go beyond PT remake. I thought to make second KR through that door on left as you enter the current one but that could be made from the same map elements as the original KR and the new style elements could be made into its own small temple, perhaps with that 3gena lobby map.

I went to check now what I was doing before Christmas and found I left off redoing map 5F East that is missing from the set.
That one could also use those re-colored arches. BTW after I posted this thread, I did find that original thread with the blue mobs I was posting about.

D2075_Arthas_M2P_5F_East_B.jpg KR blue Wooma mobs - IceMan's screenshot.jpg

==============================================================

When checking on the whole new PT project, I recall now why I figured to leave that KR floor decoration original color, that was because there is tons of it on upper floors already (I think 2&3 mainly), as someone originally started on this project, possibly in China... if that was re-colored, I would change that on those maps also.
D2073_Arthas_Detail Floor Deco.jpg

I noticed there is a doorway in left wall that is not available in recolored images, it is used just twice, on 1F as you come in (where you would notice it most) and on 5F East, the map I decided to finish.

I could put it in bottom wall by altering 5F map a bit but on 1F coming in from the lobby, it would feel weird if you stepped down to right from the lobby and came on 1F from top or bottom wall, also 1F entrance is pretty well etched on everybody's brain LOL

I made an example of the existing door placed in between blue walls. If you would recolor just four strips of it, it might be acceptable fudge. The colors are quite dark and you don't see much details.

This is how they got around it, by putting in a staircase that you emerge from, a bit unintuitive solution.
D2071_Arthas_M2P (1F Entrance substitution).jpg

This is the fudge and to the right the four image strips that would need to be recolored, especially or only the top so it would blend in a bit, maybe the inside portion of the doorway would look OK as is, including that light reflection.
Orig 1F & 5F East Entrance adjoining blue walls.jpg Orig Entrance alone - WM2 Obj4 (5309-5312).jpg Orig Entrance alone - WM2 Obj4 (5309-5312)

Once I see those recolored arches, maybe those archways in them might be used to stand for this doorway? It might just do the trick?

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
How do you export images from a library? It is throwing up error. I know that the editor can't handle longer file path but it doesn't work even when the library is put in its location.

Does the editor actually needs to be in a client folder to have the structure .../Data/Map/WemadeMir2/ in order to access the library for image export purposes? I don't want to mess up client with so many supporting files that go with the library editor to test it.

Last edited: