Release Boss Count Overlay Tool - [For Players]

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Hi Guys,

I havent really been around Lomcn that much for a while and said after Apocalypse that i would release some content, code & graphics. So over the next few weeks i will be releasing different snippets of stuff, and here is the first 1 of my release. Please note that not all releases will be 100% finished, but all will be at a workable standard. I can also appreciate some people may code stuff differently therefore if it is a code release feel free to comment on improvements, things you may have done differently so that the releases do not go to waste.

MonsterManager.jpg
About todays Release:

As a big gamer myself i often used Excel to produce Boss timing sheets on servers such as Chronicles, OldSkool, and many more. It was frustrating to have to go back and check the spread sheets so i designed an App with uses the overlay function built into system to make a Boss timer which is completely adaptable to each player.

How it works?

Currently the Application only supports Windowed mode players (this is due to Crystals ONTOP Feature.

Setting up Config.ini:
1.Here you can customise all of the features such as Font,Size,Colors etc Here is a break down of the file.
[Main]
NumBoss = 5 Change this number to suit how many boss's you want
Boss1 = EvilPlant
Boss2 = EarthKing
Boss3 = OmaKingSpirit
Boss4 = BoneElite
Boss5 = ChaosOrb Add the correct amount of boss's and their names for your reference
[Timer]
Boss1Timer = 35
Boss2Timer = 2
Boss3Timer = 45
Boss4Timer = 40
Boss5Timer = 30 Add the correct amount of Timers and the time (This works in Minutes)

[Alerts]
AlertMin = 5 This is set to allow ingame Alert EG if set at 5 It will Alert you ingame 5Minutes before the Boss is due and the alert will remain 5 Minutes after, incase you missed it afk

[Appearance]
TextColor = White This is the color the text is when the monsters are not due
AlertColor = Red This is the color the text turns when the Monster is due
Alignment = Left This is where you would like the Text to sit in screen Left or Right
AlwaysOnTop = True Always keep this true
StartPosition = Bottomleft Following Options available Bottomleft , CenterLeft, TopLeft - all the same for 'Right'
FontSize = 12 Size of the text on screen
FontFamily = Tahoma Set the font you prefer Tahoma is what is used in Crystal Files... but you can use any font enabled in your system.

[Server]
StartTime = 08/06/2020 11:23:00 Set the Date and time of the server up (Yes this is the most difficult part to gauge)

1. Load your Game up
2. Open the MonsterManager.exe
3. Go back ingame.
4. Timers will appear.
5. Happy Hunting

Screenshots
bosst.png

Please note:
In no way shape or form is this a 100% finished product it lacks beauty and time :p But it works so enjoy. Also It does not use any illegal / injection protocols that may tamper with peoples client / games, but please check with your server owner that it is not considered a bannable offence (ps i cant see why it can be as its just like an excel sheet)

Download Link:

If you use it or like it, hit the like button below

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Its a nice idea, but theres a few things which will make this inaccurate.

Knowing when the server has booted up
Failed spawns will add a minute to the respawn each time
Ability for random spawn delay on any mob

After a day of a server being online i expect most boss spawn times would be completely out

Reactions: DiabloVodkaShot

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Hi Far,

Thanks for feedback, all valid points heres my reply:

1.Agreed looking at adding a server monitor but to grab the ips of servers is me being a little naughty.
2. This is 100% correct but again the idea of the alert timer will allow u to see the respawn if u play often enough and reset the time accordingly. Alternatively if ur playing a server i imagine its a busy 1 and boss's rarely get missed.
3. Random Spawns yeah thats pretty much QQ.

It has worked for me on the last server i played, hopefully others find it useful. Id like to add a dynamic element to it but im not sure how to approach that yet.

:)

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
would be nice if it was online??...

select server your playing.. see its uptime etc.. no config required to edit ;)

you could ping a server every minute or so see if it's down etc reset the timer when it comes back up etc

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Hi Martyn,

Thanks for input firstly the online is an option but it requires me to host something, secondly each player will have different variations on what they believe the timers to be, and lastly the pinging the server would be great but i would have to get Server ips for that :/

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Hi Martyn,

Thanks for input firstly the online is an option but it requires me to host something, secondly each player will have different variations on what they believe the timers to be, and lastly the pinging the server would be great but I would have to get Server ips for that :/
what hosting space would be required?

Just ask server owners to give IP or easily required, if users want custom timers, add an offset option ;)

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
Hi Martyn,

I will look to update this with a few things we have discord here at some point next week currently im racking my head with MongoDB ahead of my next release hopefully before the weekend :P