Broadcom 802.11a/b/g WLAN on my laptop

Link267

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 7, 2006
Right guys need a lil help, my internet device keeps dissapearing and coming back only every so often, actually saying that it hasnt come back yet :(. Ive tried searchin my hardware to c if i cud find it but it wont, can you guys help me please.

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
right click my computer, click hardware tab, then device manager, then look for it in there then tyr update the device

jasper

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 10, 2005
i know its not much use if its not showing, but on the occasions it does, perhaps look on the laptop manufacturers site for driver downloads and update yours for that device.

Link267

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 7, 2006
tried using updates from hp website for the hardware that i have and took no effect:(

Link267

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 7, 2006
right click my computer, click hardware tab, then device manager, then look for it in there then tyr update the device

tried this aswell, it dont show my hardware in there, its missing.

mapadale

tried this aswell, it dont show my hardware in there, its missing.
Do the same agian, but when you get to device manager. Click view and select hidden devices, this should then show you your device. Or indicate that is installed, just not connected.

It could be to do with the PCMCIA bridge if its one of them cards, or if its the PCIE then check bios and make sure its configured correctly.

Link267

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 7, 2006
Do the same agian, but when you get to device manager. Click view and select hidden devices, this should then show you your device. Or indicate that is installed, just not connected.

It could be to do with the PCMCIA bridge if its one of them cards, or if its the PCIE then check bios and make sure its configured correctly.

right, it shows my device, troubleshoot says its working but its clearly not, you got a next step for me :)?

Link267

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 7, 2006
actually, i jsut been lukin at that device`s name and it says Broadcom 802.11a/b/g WLAN - "Packet Schedulaer Miniport

also jsut looked at the others, there should be a " Broadcom 802.11a/b/g WLAN "
and the one which is there thats Broadcom 802.11a/b/g WLAN - "Packet Schedulaer Miniport" soooo,, where will my other one have gone?

Last edited:

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
thats the best i could find sorry m8, other manufactures have a driver download part but they didnt

Link267

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 7, 2006
no worries mate, thanks for all your help, ive emailed them anyway so jsut gotta wait see what the outcome is. Thanks matey

Tomo

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 15, 2004
United Kingdom
Broadcom sounds familiar.. I think my girlfriends laptop has that particular wireless (Fujitsu Siemens), i'll dig out the drivers and upload them somewhere.

/Tomo

Link267

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 7, 2006
wiked cheers m8, i still think its a hardware probelm though, how soon can you get them m8?

Link267

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 7, 2006
Broadcom sounds familiar.. I think my girlfriends laptop has that particular wireless (Fujitsu Siemens), i'll dig out the drivers and upload them somewhere.

/Tomo

m8 any chance of them drivers?

dont think broadcom like responding lol.

Link267

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 7, 2006
What you guys think right, you think it would cost me more to repair it or should i jsut sell it and get another laptop?

Link267

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jan 7, 2006
i know but i can get one better than mine for like £399 lol. i will try drivers tonight mate thanks