Bundles or Stacks

simple what do people prefer?

• Total voters

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Stacks, as inventory management counts for nothing as long as there is also Weight management to consider.

On low rates, this is a non-issue and QoL choice. Could have stacks of 1000 on a Low rate, it will count for nothing if you only have bag weight of 200 or whatever it is lol.

High Rate...I guess it does bring into consideration the whole "Who has more pots, wins" but then...just change the bag weight gaining and problem solved?

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Stacks, as inventory management counts for nothing as long as there is also Weight management to consider.

On low rates, this is a non-issue and QoL choice. Could have stacks of 1000 on a Low rate, it will count for nothing if you only have bag weight of 200 or whatever it is lol.

High Rate...I guess it does bring into consideration the whole "Who has more pots, wins" but then...just change the bag weight gaining and problem solved?

Someone who gets it.

When I played Mir 3 on a low rate server years ago pots were heavier than usual and as a low lvl you were not able to carry very much so to kill a strong boss we had to leave the pots on the floor, go back to town and get more...and stacks were infinite. But we didn't have to deal with the annoying bundles.

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i get the advantages of stacking pots, i just dont like them, its like auto pot features, i think those are terrible which again i believe was first seen in mir3.

from a mir2 point of view i will always use bundles as its all ive known and want :)

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Auto-pot function on Mir3 was different for 2 reasons:
1) The pots were instant recovery (Like Sun pots in Mir2).
2) They had a delay between usage.

This made the auto-pot function not only viable but necessary, as there was no "visible" numbering counter on the pots, so it was not obvious as to "when" you can re-pot again in dire circumstances.

You could almost remove the auto-pot function in Mir3 if you at least replaced it with a visible countdown on top of the pot itself. However, Mir3 have those stupid "Pills" that stack as well, act like sunpots, weighed less and they introduced stupidly big versions such as XL, XXL and XXXL lol, so honestly regardless I think personally that Pills broke any competitive edge Mir3 had in potting functionality with these alone.

Mir2 originally had use for Bundles in order to control inventory space, as you've mentioned. However for years now, this was rendered useless, even by the official version. In beta days, you only had S, M and L versions. By the Lv.40s or so, it was easy to massively pack your inventory (And that of Warriors) with a bag full of Large bundles, making you have to be careful between RT bundles and HP/MP etc.

Now? We have XL...and XXL...these weigh a ton and will never cause you to be concerned over bag "space"...this is why Stacking has become a QoL feature, because the only question remaining is that of bag Weight because of the introduction of XL and XXL.

This is usually what I mean by people not taking the extra time to think about functions lol. You could in theory remove XL/XXL bundles/pots and cause the restraint you're looking for...but people have become very use to them :P

In Mir3 official, they actually have the Pills blocked from the auto-pot function, otherwise not only would nobody ever die in fights (This was a common problem in Zircon files), but made Sunpots useless. I don't know if this was addressed in other follow up Zircon servers, or whether Pills remained usable in the auto-pot function.

But functions and additions of things like this, need extra thought because they can change the game in ways you wouldn't think about usually.

Last edited:

marcmulhern3

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 14, 2009
I remember back in the day before bundles - a hunt would be about deciding if picking up and pot was more useful that picking up an item to sell!
In the end you would rotate drop and pick up so the items didn’t disappear while you slowly run out of pots.
In bug cave you would pick a corner and drop items and get pots after a couple of mins you would pick the items back up then drop again to restart the vanish timer!

Reactions: Sanjian and Netskee

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I remember back in the day before bundles - a hunt would be about deciding if picking up and pot was more useful that picking up an item to sell!
In the end you would rotate drop and pick up so the items didn’t disappear while you slowly run out of pots.
In bug cave you would pick a corner and drop items and get pots after a couple of mins you would pick the items back up then drop again to restart the vanish timer!
Back in the days of slow, single target killing.
Used much less pots so it was less important to have such a high number of potions in your bag.

Sadly the game has evolved a lot since then so it no longer works having single potions with no bundles or stacking.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
I thought the game always had bundles? I think at 1 point you couldn't buy them as bundles, you had to buy the pots and bundle them manually (Just how you couldn't buy poison, you had to make it).