Buying a server?!

Kakashi

AMATERASU
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2014
Hi peeps. Is it possible to buy a server?

I have no clue of programming or making a server, I would handle GM commands or being GM but that's my limitation I guess.

I wanted to invest some money this year into Mir3. I love this game since more then 15 years. I love the idea of owning a server running the events, updates, donations ofc as well. I don't plan to get rich with this, but going out with 0 afterwards + the experience sounds ok for me.

So is this realistic, are there people who could setup a whole server for me, how I like it, like make all balances together, caves, classes, bosses, the rates etc. Then sell it to me, I am owner and GM + will ask people for $ helping me making updates and keep server running.

This is no joke, I'm serious about it. Maximum invest from my side is 10.000$ but I would prefer 2-5000 for the first run.

Thanks for listening

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
Mate dont buy an server its really easy to open an zircon server if you just want basic files. you can do this yourself 100%

There is people out there that will code systems you want for some money, this is the only thing i would spend money on. alot of things on lomcn jamie client that is standard im pretty sure there is custome ones here aswell, if i remember right Hellz release his client witch was some what more advance then the standard zircon.

have an read of the below link. raad comments as guild is not 100%

8. Open Server.exe Go to the settings Page (Button is on the left) = this is config on left bottom

• System Tab -> Set Map Path to Exactly this: ..\Client\Map\(server exe does not put \ at end you need to add this yourself.

Last edited:

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Yeah, setting up a server is the easy part. Then he'll need someone to code all the features he needs. Using GM commands won't be enough.

Reactions: 3gena

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Paying 2-5k , total 10k will make you end in debt than gaining any profits.

Btw Kaka you inspired me regarding a classic mir3.

I m going to set up an low rate classic mir3 not for sale although I've seen ppls spamming me lately for a v2.

looking for Mir3 Global (GSP) Sin players for testings.

Reactions: Kakashi

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
Paying 2-5k , total 10k will make you end in debt than gaining any profits.

Btw Kaka you inspired me regarding a classic mir3.

I m going to set up an low rate classic mir3 not for sale although I've seen ppls spamming me lately for a v2.

looking for Mir3 Global (GSP) Sin players for testings.
its about time!!

• Love
Reactions: Kakashi and zedina

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
i would play, if it didnt have sins :/

Still fidgeting with the idea :p

Will try to see if can find some sort of balance on pure DC sin, if not, will be classic 3 heroes.

Will dismantle the ADVs and such for PvP, which will give a simpler balance.

Reactions: Sanjian

Kakashi

AMATERASU
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2014
Mate dont buy an server its really easy to open an zircon server if you just want basic files. you can do this yourself 100%

There is people out there that will code systems you want for some money, this is the only thing i would spend money on. alot of things on lomcn jamie client that is standard im pretty sure there is custome ones here aswell, if i remember right Hellz release his client witch was some what more advance then the standard zircon.

have an read of the below link. raad comments as guild is not 100%

8. Open Server.exe Go to the settings Page (Button is on the left) = this is config on left bottom

• System Tab -> Set Map Path to Exactly this: ..\Client\Map\(server exe does not put \ at end you need to add this yourself.

Yes I guess the standards are like alrdy coded in zircon files. But I want something special ofc, so I need help in coding features. You know I love PvP/PK, I would need help to realize ideas which I have there. Also on the general boss systems, caves/Kingrooms.

Many other stuff which I can't do myself for sure. I can replace NPCs maybe I used to do stuff with RPG Maker but that's another lvl I guess xD

If there are people doing stuff like this, you are happy to PM me.

@zedina :P always good to have a classic Mir3 version running. We have to solve the longlivity problem, make it self circulating that there are always around 100 players on. I might found something to make it more attractive for longer time.

And PS if I don't earn money, np, the money that I calculate, is ok to "loose" or invest, however u want to call it. Made good profits this year with real estate 10k for a legendary Server is ok :P xD

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I m going to set up an low rate classic mir3
Adventure Time Reaction GIF

• Love
Reactions: zedina

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
You can hire a coder if you're willing to pay, also don't listen to Zedina if your server is good you could clear 5-10k$ in the first few months if you can yield a big usercount.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
First of all, setup the files using the guides. Get a server "online" locally that you can connect to and play around with.
Learn the GM commands, learn to add items and basic mobs - Such as a copy of a current mob just a different name.

Once you know how to do the basics, then start to add new caves with the mobs and spawns. All of these can be done without coding and are essential if you're wanting to successfully launch and run a server.

Once you're ready and know what you need to add, get in touch with a coder and pay them to do the work.

You cannot simply "Buy ready to go files" that meet your standards. You need to tell someone what you require.

Reactions: Fusion

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
First of all, setup the files using the guides. Get a server "online" locally that you can connect to and play around with.
Learn the GM commands, learn to add items and basic mobs - Such as a copy of a current mob just a different name.

Once you know how to do the basics, then start to add new caves with the mobs and spawns. All of these can be done without coding and are essential if you're wanting to successfully launch and run a server.

Once you're ready and know what you need to add, get in touch with a coder and pay them to do the work.

You cannot simply "Buy ready to go files" that meet your standards. You need to tell someone what you require.
Pay the right price you can buy whatever the **** you want lol, if hes willing to put 10k into a Mir3 server im sure theres plenty of people who would do everything he needed.

Kakashi

AMATERASU
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2014
Yes but @Skyline is right. Thats what I have to know at least and also want to do. Maybe in combination with one coder who can help me through the "learning" process :P We will see...

I will start with the guides in the forum - PMs are still welcomed :p

and yes @Pfiff1 is also right, with money you can buy everything.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Pay the right price you can buy whatever the **** you want lol, if hes willing to put 10k into a Mir3 server im sure theres plenty of people who would do everything he needed.
Well yeah, that's true.
But if you don't even know the basics, how are you going to be able to tell someone what you want? :D

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Well yeah, that's true.
But if you don't even know the basics, how are you going to be able to tell someone what you want? :D

I'm sure hes a OldSchool mir3 player so he could just write a document saying he wants original flea cave etc etc etc, then anything unqiue he wanted to be added, could always run a thread on here asking what players would want in a Mir3 server and get the coder to implemented. 10,000$ is a lot to push into a 20+ year old game i'd be expecting something very special and honestly it's what Mir3 needs. i dont enjoy it but the server that go up seem to die very easy so something's going wrong.

fmtf_

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2015
could always run a thread on here asking what players would want in a Mir3 server and get the coder to implemented.

Then they are back to square one with a **** - dead server. You will get people wanting a catch up mechanic among other things and its just a big fat mess.

The problem with old games people attempt to implement different gameplay features into a game where either the engine does not support it well enough to be 100% working, or the game just does not relate to some of the pointless features people put into there servers or it just doesn't make sense because its MIR.

The smallest changes can make the biggest difference to a game, the more you change the bigger the effect of your changes are, that bleed out into other issues etc.

Whoever said about nostalgia painting a different picture making it seem like it was a lot better than it is, is pretty well spot on.

If people really want to play vanilla Mir 3. Get ready for slow level rates, bad refined weapons, no catch-up mechanic, no afk levelling, virtually no end game gear, dragon abyss? forget that place for a couple of years, and get ready to endure some heavy WD grinding, no sub boss finding talisman (really tho), all enemy's looking the same on mini map (already there, certain gameplay scenarios has been taken from the player by implementing such a **** feature such as that to make it easier to spot sub bosses..) oh and slow drop rates too, the list could go on.

does that interest 10% of us? probably, the other 90% are stuck in Legend of woke servers, when they could probably put the same energy into a more newer, higher pop game where the time put in is probably better rewarded than on Mir3. GL

Last edited:
Reactions: clintbeastwood

Kakashi

AMATERASU
Dedicated Member
Aug 31, 2014
Then they are back to square one with a **** - dead server. You will get people wanting a catch up mechanic among other things and its just a big fat mess.

The problem with old games people attempt to implement different gameplay features into a game where either the engine does not support it well enough to be 100% working, or the game just does not relate to some of the pointless features people put into there servers or it just doesn't make sense because its MIR.

EDIT:

We can't attract all players that's impossible, simple maths shows it. But we can put 100% Energie into it, with the highest amount+quality of technical support. The result will be something you can call, you did what you can. And that's enough for me - I can't change things, but maybe with that level of mentality and Energie - we will attract people? People do senseless stuff, they do stuff you can't explain - like how can ppl donate hundreds of dollars or even thousanda for Mir - in a objective looking it makes no sense, but you forget things like emotions, nostalgia, memories, humans you know, story's etc. Magical things can happen, also with the grinding sub boss finding questing pipapo my friend.

I will show you then !
The smallest changes can make the biggest difference to a game, the more you change the bigger the effect of your changes are, that bleed out into other issues etc.

Whoever said about nostalgia painting a different picture making it seem like it was a lot better than it is, is pretty well spot on.

If people really want to play vanilla Mir 3. Get ready for slow level rates, bad refined weapons, no catch-up mechanic, no afk levelling, virtually no end game gear, dragon abyss? forget that place for a couple of years, and get ready to endure some heavy WD grinding, no sub boss finding talisman (really tho), all enemy's looking the same on mini map (already there, certain gameplay scenarios has been taken from the player by implementing such a **** feature such as that to make it easier to spot sub bosses..) oh and slow drop rates too, the list could go on.

does that interest 10% of us? probably, the other 90% are stuck in Legend of woke servers, when they could probably put the same energy into a more newer, higher pop game where the time put in is probably better rewarded than on Mir3. GL
There will b a very fair catch up system. I also found a way of the famous KR Boss fight problem, question is is this code able. But we are working on an answer right now.

I am a player since 15+ years, I guess my Viewpoint is good to create something because I know all kind of players and I care for all of them. I will find a way the server will be safe for quite players which don't like PK PvP but also will find a way where the PK PvP players will enjoy this server. I smoke a lot of weed, I get insane ideas believe me.

You are right with too much features etc, I hate this as well, I also hate it when there are hundreds of NPCs with crazy wings auras doing 1000 different senseless stuff. No no, not with me my friend. When you see my house, it clean as **** and organized, so will the server be. Clean and organized. It will take a lot of time, I will also stop talking about it right now. Next time you hear something, there will b a release date.

But believe me - I will do it for the fun! I want a sick ass server where people have fun, many people no fking afk ppl double chars abusing systems o. a.e.!!! **** the money - it will b legendary *_* But... time will tell...

See ya soon I guess you can close this Thread.

@close

:p

Last edited:
Reactions: Far

fmtf_

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 13, 2015
EDIT:

We can't attract all players that's impossible, simple maths shows it. But we can put 100% Energie into it, with the highest amount+quality of technical support. The result will be something you can call, you did what you can. And that's enough for me - I can't change things, but maybe with that level of mentality and Energie - we will attract people? People do senseless stuff, they do stuff you can't explain - like how can ppl donate hundreds of dollars or even thousanda for Mir - in a objective looking it makes no sense, but you forget things like emotions, nostalgia, memories, humans you know, story's etc. Magical things can happen, also with the grinding sub boss finding questing pipapo my friend.

I will show you then !

There will b a very fair catch up system. I also found a way of the famous KR Boss fight problem, question is is this code able. But we are working on an answer right now.

I am a player since 15+ years, I guess my Viewpoint is good to create something because I know all kind of players and I care for all of them. I will find a way the server will be safe for quite players which don't like PK PvP but also will find a way where the PK PvP players will enjoy this server. I smoke a lot of weed, I get insane ideas believe me.

You are right with too much features etc, I hate this as well, I also hate it when there are hundreds of NPCs with crazy wings auras doing 1000 different senseless stuff. No no, not with me my friend. When you see my house, it clean as **** and organized, so will the server be. Clean and organized. It will take a lot of time, I will also stop talking about it right now. Next time you hear something, there will b a release date.

But believe me - I will do it for the fun! I want a sick ass server where people have fun, many people no fking afk ppl double chars abusing systems o. a.e.!!! **** the money - it will b legendary *_* But... time will tell...

See ya soon I guess you can close this Thread.

@close

:p
"I am a player since 15+ years" - nice, i played on day 1 which is what 18 years now?, if years mean anything

"We can't attract all players that's impossible" - you probably will attract only a handful if your lucky (meaning if its low rate, people are too infected with high rate garbo.

"There will b a very fair catch up system." - already, a non mir like feature that will cause problems when some people don't agree it will just snowball into more changes that that you may deem as fair.

"I smoke a lot of weed, I get insane ideas believe me." - Aren't you lucky! I think most Mir 3 admins are on harder drugs though personally.

Conclusion - i cant quote properly for the life of me, and unfortunately there will be no energy coming from me, you only have to look at a good chunk of my posts on forums, i put all my energy into negative comments towards current servers/community and how much i miss Vanilla.

Gl though and most of all hf.

Last edited:
Reactions: clintbeastwood

clintbeastwood

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 9, 2016
No need to buy a server.

Mir3usa.com

Server launched 12th March 2022. Gsp files. Real fun.
No customisations apart from WeCash store.
Low rate.

Just need more players! :)

• Dislike