Not open for further replies.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Hi guys,

You may have noticed a few changes latley regarding staff, well here's whats happening from now on.

Staffing

Single Forum Moderators are been "scrapped" if you like and instead we will just have Super Moderators and ask each Super Mod to look after certain sections, as a "priority" if you like, as well as the rest of the board.

We will however, be having an "Expert" for each section... So a "Mir 2 Expert". These will have Lock, Pin, Soft Delete functions and will be responsible for keeping the section tidy so making sure all the pinned topics are up to date and easy to follow, all links are not broken (if they are, remove from post or ask for someone to re-host) and obviously there to lock threads when they are out of hand ect ect.

We have currently recruited 2 new Admins, Celcius and Robert.
This made space for some new Super Mods, so welcome kyndigs, Senture, Lilcooldude and Tai.
This now leaves us with 3 active Admins and 5 active Super Mods, and we may recruite 1 or 2 more Super Mods in the near future to cover for the loss of Single Forum Mods.

The "Expert" members will be chosen by who we see fit. These people need to be active, helpful and also have the knowledge to help other members out with any queries you have or help you require.

We need 2 Experts for Mir2 and 1 Expert for Mir3 - If you would like to apply, please PM me with the reasons you think you would be good for this position.
Current SFM's if you wish to apply, please also PM me.

Server Adverts

The server advert section will be for Adverts only, therefore users will not be able to post in these threads. Once an advert has been approved we will create a new thread within the Server Discussion section, this is where users can discuss the server between themselves.

We are looking at introducing a mod where server owners who want to advertise their server have to fill in an "application form" of some kind. This is to help prevent people constantly bringing a new server online for one week, taking donations from players and then deciding to close the server because they're bored, or simply not making enough money!

The above Server Advert changes are not fully in effect just yet, these will happen in the coming days/weeks. I will notify you all when the changes are in place.

Please post with any suggestions you have, or opinions with the changes mentioned above. Please try to be constructive with your suggestions & opinions and give as much details as possible! Any spamming or flaming will result in you been infracted, or banned.

Also, over the next couple of weeks some sections of the forums may be renamed, removed or merged to try and keep it tidy.

More changes to come hopefully, I will edit this post with any new changes we agree on.

Regards

Admin team :k

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I really dont understand what you base your recruiting from really, i mean out of all the super mods, kyndigs, Senture, Lilcooldude and Tai... the only 1 id even agree with being ok is lilcooldude - who NEVER posts on teh forums. He posts maybe once a month to talk about coding stuff, how the hell can u make him a super mod?

Tai is more trouble than hes worth, spamin crap and infracting left right and center, yet for some reason hes a mod yet again? really?

Senture, i cant say i know this person, so cant comment on what hes like

and Kyndigs well... the guy has caused massive flame wars in the past, hes released 4heros source w/o our say makin him a untruthworthy twat, yet he becomes a super mod?

Honestly it'll never cease to amaze me the choices that are made on this forum, its no wonder it goes downhill.

Robert

Actual Jesus
VIP
Jan 1, 1970
Yes.
The forums seem to be busier then they have been in recent years, so cant really say the staffing is having an affect on the forums.

All staff are on probation and any misbehaviour will lead to termination of their position.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
The forums seem to be busier then they have been in recent years, so cant really say the staffing is having an affect on the forums.

All staff are on probation and any misbehaviour will lead to termination of their position.

Can we forge evidence?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I really dont understand what you base your recruiting from really, i mean out of all the super mods, kyndigs, Senture, Lilcooldude and Tai... the only 1 id even agree with being ok is lilcooldude - who NEVER posts on teh forums. He posts maybe once a month to talk about coding stuff, how the hell can u make him a super mod?

Tai is more trouble than hes worth, spamin crap and infracting left right and center, yet for some reason hes a mod yet again? really?

and Kyndigs well... the guy has caused massive flame wars in the past, hes released 4heros source w/o our say makin him a untruthworthy twat, yet he becomes a super mod?

Honestly it'll never cease to amaze me the choices that are made on this forum, its no wonder it goes downhill.

In your own words; "no1 cares what u think, stfu"

I was chosen for a reason..not just for my uber moderating skills!

Last edited:

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003

was it for your uber penis sucking skills? :P

i joke, it isn't that great.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England

You love me as a mod though, admit it.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

come on then, tell us what this reason is? as I dont see anything good that you bring to the community besides being a fag that spams and *****s on everyones threads.

You love me as a mod though, admit it.

i dont care about you any more your old news

Sigh, forgot u cant edit.

But seriously, like 90% of the staff are just people that can/are coding mir files, its like if you want to become a mod/admin on this forum, just learn to code mir files.

It feels more like a Ruby team forum now than a forum to advertise forums, seein as the whole team is now part of lomcn staff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
come on then, tell us what this reason is? as I dont see anything good that you bring to the community besides being a fag that spams and *****s on everyones threads.

i dont care about you any more your old news

Stop moaning, always trying to be center of attention. Good luck to the new SMs, but really Lomcn needs to stop this and keep it's staff in order, recruiting new staff every month isn't healthy.

Xander

Pantie Sniffer!
Developer
Oct 20, 2003
Sheffield
Stop crying so Kyn released your source least he took the encryption out before and the links are gone now, if he wanted to damage anything he would of given the encryption out along with the source.

The people that are staff maybe developers, but most people now would be using the RubyM2 (at least they should be) so they would be the best people to support the users here...

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Sigh, forgot u cant edit.

But seriously, like 90% of the staff are just people that can/are coding mir files, its like if you want to become a mod/admin on this forum, just learn to code mir files.

It feels more like a Ruby team forum now than a forum to advertise forums, seein as the whole team is now part of lomcn staff.
A Ruby team forum?

Me, Matt, Haz, JealY, Robert and Tai are not part of the Ruby Team.

Kyn and Lil are - That's it?

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
was it for your uber penis sucking skills? :P

i joke, it isn't that great.

pssht i'm not the kinda person to quit then ask for my job back!!

lol I didn't mean I'm like the Messiah with magical powers, I'm just a valuable asset.

Stop moaning, always trying to be center of attention. Good luck to the new SMs, but really Lomcn needs to stop this and keep it's staff in order, recruiting new staff every month isn't healthy.

Current mods are majoritively inactive and really, none of us are NEW we've all been here before. I don't know the reasons behind kyn and lil though that's not for me to answer.

A Ruby team forum?

I kind of am tbh (Y) but yeh, weak argument and by the by.

Edit: Lol at the post above. That's my regular member disposition. Good isn't it!! I resent being called a chav though?!

twisterdmk

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
May 13, 2009
USA
the only 1 id even agree with being ok is lilcooldude - who NEVER posts on teh forums. He posts maybe once a month to talk about coding stuff, how the hell can u make him a super mod? By Bon

Congrats to the staff. Just figured I would post to let you know I do look at all of the forum lol. :P

Mask

Banned
Banned
Golden Oldie
Jun 20, 2003
United Kingdom
the only person i would probably disagree with getting a position is lilcooldoode, as he is very inactive on the forums.

about the expert title, isnt this just recreating the whole single forum moderator again? i thought the idea was to remove it.

two topics for server adverts, pretty sure this was discussed before and was deemed a bad idea.

i like the idea of the application form, but it may be off putting to people, and that's the last thing you want to be right now.

edit: and does this mean its time for a new title now orange is free'd up? 8yr membership? :)

Last edited:

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
lol I didn't mean I'm like the Messiah with magical powers, I'm just a valuable asset.
?!

So......... what are these valuable assets besides being a major arsehole that no1 likes? Honestly i think your more disliked on these forums than I am.

Only reason your a mod is cause ur in the bum boy admin crew, which is a weak reason to become a mod.

All this means now is your gonna be free to flame and moan on threads or ***** about donations on servers and get away with it cause no1s gonna infract you.

A Ruby team forum?

yourself aside, lets have a look

matt - coder and runs 4heros, so obv ur gonna keep him around
haz + robert - former admins so nothing amazing there, altho why step down from admin just to retake it?
jealy - has been here forever, dont rly care about him ne more

all of the above, have been staff for a a while, im refering to these "new" staff members

tai, kyn, lil are all ruby team members, so that means all the new staff are from ruby team. the rest are promotions to exsisting staff.

To me it doesnt seem like you've sat down and thought right, who would keep the forums in check and be decent mods, you know the guys that browse forums all day and keep spam in check etc.

Instead you've just promoted coders and idiots(tai) that quite frankly dont deserve the position.

I mean give me a decent answer as to why lilcooldude is a Mod and ill happily be quiet, as I really cant see you finding a decent reason, same with kyn and tai.

JealY

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Nov 28, 2004
England
matt - coder and runs 4heros, so obv ur gonna keep him around
haz + robert - former admins so nothing amazing there, altho why step down from admin just to retake it?
jealy - has been here forever, dont rly care about him ne more

Awh, love you too Bon.

They step down from Admin because people have things to do IRL, commitments that they know will impede on their ability to overlook and essentially run a forum. It's the best thing to do... now that they have some "spare" time on their hands, they are kind enough to return and help out once more!

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
Awh, love you too Bon.

They step down from Admin because people have things to do IRL, commitments that they know will impede on their ability to overlook and essentially run a forum. It's the best thing to do... now that they have some "spare" time on their hands, they are kind enough to return and help out once more!
Like i said tho, i honestly dont care about robert and haz bein admin, as far s im concerned even if they do step down, they are still lomcn admins in my eye.

its the super mods i just dont understand, and would love to see some sorta reasoning behind these decisions

im of course talkin about kyn, lil, tai, senture. It makes no sense, other than to keep kyn/lil "sweet" and continue to code for teh community? in which case why isnt that ryan guy that develops hero files chosen for mod? Or is it who bums teh most via msn

Status
Not open for further replies.