Changes to LOMCN - Please read

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shabalabalong

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 1, 2006
Brighton
Oh dear accidently posted that. Anyways, as I said I couldn't think of anyone, should've promoted Smavid!

No edit ftw

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
Just because you can code little things into a server doesnt make u an expert. Ive never claimed to be an expert.. pls quote me when i said im an expert of mir?

Im sure theres loads of coding things you could do that i could not, just like i can make a good server, and you cannot. And good servers are built around the actual server, not the coding. But hey.. u found that out with ruby right? ;)

Never tried to build a server have I? I do what I do because I enjoy it, I wouldnt enjoy running a server and unlike you I work and dont base my life around a game, if you acted a bit more mature Ben instead of constantly thinking you are something special in the Mir community because you run a good "donation" based server, you could provide a lot of good stuff to this community.

I will personally pay your server bills, if you release a "good" non donation based server, since you say that is what your donations are for but we all know it isnt.

Last edited:

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Never tried to build a server have I? I do what I do because I enjoy it, I wouldnt enjoy running a server and unlike you I work and dont base my life around a game, if you acted a bit more mature Ben instead of constantly thinking you are something special in the Mir community because you run a good "donation" based server, you could provide a lot of good stuff to this community.

I will personally pay your server bills, if you release a "good" non donation based server, since you say that it what your donations are for but we all know it isnt.

Think we all know it's a lie when most people say "it's to cover the costs of running the server".

The days where people arnt greedy/lazy (lazy meaning sitting on back-side all day with no job) have long gone, people see running servers these days as a source of income (like Ben) I mean who'd be happy with £100 every two weeks? But us 'muggs' who work for the money have to pay for these type of lay-abouts.

People like Ben make this country worse.

I mean who'd like to give someone money for doing naff all...

I rest my case.

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK

I will personally pay your server bills, if you release a "good" non donation based server, since you say that it what your donations are for but we all know it isnt.

Wow please someone give this guy a medal, for having such an awesome life choice, and choosing to work, gratz!
Acting mature? Says you that bangs on about the same old thing? Get a new line pls. What I do irl to earn money is of non of your concern, I never question your irl, which just shows what a petty little fag you are. This is a mir forums, so keep the topic to mir.

I already provide a lot to the community, I've ran good servers for the past 4 years. Lets face it how many people would still be playing mir if my servers were never online? How many woulda moved on? How much smaller would the community have got?
ThreeHeroes is even bringing back some users that havnt played mir for the past 3years, so you could even say im increasing the community.

On the other hand, what do you bring to the community? Besides these empty promises to release these "awesome files" to everyone, then changing your mind and deciding to be greedy and try make a quick buck from your own server? (Ironic when you try slate me for having a 'donation server')

I dont need you to pay for my server bills, I can cover them just fine. Im not going to go into the whole "donation debate" with an idiot like you, as its not worth it. My time is not free.

I just find it extremely funny how you can sit there ranting on about donation servers, when you have run one yourself, and clearly profited from it. Im sure your goin to deny taking any of the donations recieved on ruby, but hey, we all know thats a lie. So kindly do 1 you hypocrite.

Think we all know it's a lie when most people say "it's to cover the costs of running the server".

The days where people arnt greedy/lazy (lazy meaning sitting on back-side all day with no job) have long gone, people see running servers these days as a source of income (like Ben) I mean who'd be happy with £100 every two weeks? But us 'muggs' who work for the money have to pay for these type of lay-abouts.

People like Ben make this country worse.

I mean who'd like to give someone money for doing naff all...

I rest my case.

Are you really that stupid? What do you think "cover the costs of running a server" actually means?
Sure theres the monthly rental cost of a dedi server, but who do you think manages them and updates the server? Jesus?

Get out into the real world son, nothing in life is free, if theres work to be done, then theres some1 that needs to be paid for it.

Its got nothing to do with people being lazy or greedy, but more to the point that some of us have decided to take their servers seriously and professionally.

Its a lot better than "back in the day" where a server host could just put the server down at his choosing, as he had no obligation to keep it online, all your months of work as a player would get thrown away.

Yes i get £100 every two weeks, and i make this country worse, ok pete.. you know all the facts in this world, let me bow down to your greatness. I obviously do naff all and my servers just run themselves and jesus updates them for me, its so cool.

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK

Bon

Legend
Legendary
Jul 29, 2004
Kent, UK
I never ran any server or made any profit from one that IceMan run, and I will take your point about your server bringing people back to mir, but my point still stands, you cannot criticise anyone as you don't do it for the community you do it for the profit and for no other reason, your time isnt free agreed, but nor are your donations ;)

[http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/MoneyTaxAndBenefits/Taxes/ContactOrDealWithHMRC/DG_10010579]

Ye ok, lets assume you received no payment from the server iceman ran/runs, even tho hes offered matt ££ plenty of times to code for him. I guess he just sees you as free labour then?
Anyway, you have still been involved in a donation based server, even if you didnt take any money from it, your still involved which makes u a hypocrite.

So maybe you should be sendin that link to Iceman, and whatever other server has been online over the years / will be online in the years to come tahts had donations.

Hey guess what, even a LOMCN Admin falls into that catagory, best go sending it to celsius as well right?

But of course, we know you wouldnt say this to any of the above, cause your only saying it to me cause ur losing the arguement. sad.

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
Your the only one arguing, I made a joke and you took massive offence and overreacted in a way that only you can, and why would I fear the Admins? Matt didnt criticise me unjustly but you did, I always have time for Matt as he is mature about things, but you I just dont have the time or patience to deal with, If I wanted this kind of conversation I would go on Yahoo chat or something as that is about the level you give!

FML I lost a forum 'argument', I bow down and will let you have the victory!

Celsius

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 31, 2008
If someone genuinely has an issue with any of the staff and their actions, then please feel free to contact an admin about it.

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
It is being concerned for LOMCN that is all :) you may want to defend a bit more than that though. What's stopping you from dropping out again over a dispute?

Nothing...last time all I was doing was keeping my word. I gave my status on the situation at the time when I was given the SFM position and when certain things happened I just stood by what I had said. The good outcome is that I obviously proved myself during that time of SFM which is why I've been given this position. Not cos I bum lick admins cos even they'll tell you that I really don't!

Status
Not open for further replies.