Chat GPT - Give this a whirl

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Anyone used it before?
Basically a Chat AI system, you simple ask/search for something and it will return the results.
We're taking a look at work now and it's giving us instructions on creating vlans on HPE Switches, Calendar Permission powershell commands etc etc. All in a step by step guide and gives the results in seconds.

Even "Write me a poem about Tai at LOMCN"
Tai at LOMCN, a mystery and a thrill A beacon in the dark, a light on the hill With a sly smile and a clever quip He roams the forums, never letting his guard slip

Some call him a troll, with malice in their hearts But Tai just laughs and plays his part He stirs the pot and sparks a flame But all in good fun, it's just his game

So here's to Tai, the king of the chat May his wit and wisdom never fall flat We may not always understand But we can't help but take a stand

For Tai at LOMCN, a true original A one-of-a-kind, a digital marvel

Or a simple Hello World C#

Sure! Here is the "Hello, World!" program in C#:

Copy code
using System;

namespace HelloWorld
{
class Program
{
static void Main(string[] args)
{
Console.WriteLine("Hello, World!");
}
}
}

To run this program, you will need to have the .NET framework installed on your machine. You can then use a C# compiler, such as the one that comes with Visual Studio, to compile and run the program.

Here is a brief explanation of the code:

• The using directive tells the compiler to include the System namespace, which contains classes that provide access to system-level functionality, such as the Console class used in this program.
  • The namespace keyword is used to declare a namespace, which is a container for a set of related classes. The HelloWorld namespace contains the Program class.
  • The class keyword is used to declare a class, which is a template for an object. The Program class contains a Main method, which is the entry point for the program.
  • The static void Main(string[] args) method is the entry point for the program. The static keyword means that the method belongs to the class itself, rather than to an instance of the class. The void keyword means that the method does not return a value. The Main method takes an array of strings as an argument, which can be used to pass command-line arguments to the program.
  • The Console.WriteLine("Hello, World!") method writes the string "Hello, World!" to the console. The WriteLine method writes the string and then moves the cursor to the next line.

• Love
Reactions: Tai and zedina

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Had a play with it, really nice and great tool when you cba search tons of web pages for something in particular like a bash script or some stuff like that. I also love how you can ask like "Could you please tell me what are data dictionary?" and then you can say something like "please also give me a code example"

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Had a play with it, really nice and great tool when you cba search tons of web pages for something in particular like a bash script or some stuff like that. I also love how you can ask like "Could you please tell me what are data dictionary?" and then you can say something like "please also give me a code example"
Great little tool for that exact reason, to helo scrolling through tons of topics, threads etc when looking for something specific.

Obviously people are going to pick at it's faults, but a great starting point for most things.

Reactions: zedina

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Great little tool for that exact reason, to helo scrolling through tons of topics, threads etc when looking for something specific.

Obviously people are going to pick at it's faults, but a great starting point for most things.
Waiting for Chat GPT Mir Version powered by Far AI :devilish:

A man can only dream...

Pusha

Playing Legend Of Mir 6
Loyal Member
Oct 14, 2017
England
I was about to make a post about this today.

I tried it this morning after my friend told me what he had used it for.

Decided to give it a whirl with some proposals/write ups for work and it literally saved me like an hour and a half of typing.

5 minutes of changing a few things on it and I'm off for a haircut and a pint instead!

Very good but also scary to think where this sort of stuff could end up in even just a few years.

Reactions: Jev

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
It's a little out of date for current events, e.g. if you ask who won the world cup in 2022 it tells you it's data only goes as far as 2021. But if they continue to develop this, it could be massive.

Going to give it to my Helpdesk guys, might tell them to ask Chat GPT before they ask me :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
Anyone used it before?
Basically a Chat AI system, you simple ask/search for something and it will return the results.
We're taking a look at work now and it's giving us instructions on creating vlans on HPE Switches, Calendar Permission powershell commands etc etc. All in a step by step guide and gives the results in seconds.

Even "Write me a poem about Tai at LOMCN"

Or a simple Hello World C#

Heard about it but haven't tried it myself yet.

That poem is scarily accurate though ;)

• Wow

FloppyQ

LOMCN Member
May 12, 2020
Not got round to trying it until today - Always seemed too slow/busy.

Interesting...

"Write an imaginative verbal request from the perspective of a farmer . He want's help from a hero to eliminate "Hooking Cats" which have been bothering his farm animals."
"Oh hero, please hear my plea! My farm has been overrun by a group of mischievous cats, known as the Hooking Cats. They sneak into my barn at night and play with my animals, causing them to become agitated and distressed. I have tried everything to get rid of these pests, but they always seem to find their way back.

I know you are a brave and powerful being, and I humbly request your assistance in eliminating the Hooking Cats from my farm. It would mean the world to me, and I would be forever grateful for your help. Please, won't you consider lending your strength to a humble farmer in need?"
Type the verbal response from the farmer after the request was fulfilled. Reward the hero with a new weapon.
"Oh hero, I cannot thank you enough for your help in eliminating the Hooking Cats from my farm. My animals are now able to rest peacefully at night, and I am able to focus on my work without constantly worrying about those pesky cats.

As a token of my appreciation, I would like to present you with this new weapon. I hope it serves you well in your future endeavors. You are truly a remarkable being, and I will never forget the kindness you have shown me and my farm. Thank you again, hero."
Can you think of a funny title for this quest?
"Furr-ocious Feline Foes: The Hooking Cat Caper"

Last edited:
Reactions: mir2pion

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Yea played with this the other day. For coding it's scary how accurate some of it's replays are hhahaah

Was 3 devs (mid,junior,grad) working on a sorting ticket for us and what took maybe 3-4 hours of playing to implement it spat out in seconds hahha. Task was to... :
1) Sort competitions by a user created list (array of strings),
2) followed by importance level (number)
3) if none applied fall back to previous logic
4) account for a competition that might be missing data but should of been sorted by point 1/2

It's a bit scary to see in action but can definitely get you more easier to use coding solutions than stack overflow :ROFLMAO:

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
Yea played with this the other day. For coding it's scary how accurate some of it's replays are hhahaah

Was 3 devs (mid,junior,grad) working on a sorting ticket for us and what took maybe 3-4 hours of playing to implement it spat out in seconds hahha. Task was to... :
1) Sort competitions by a user created list (array of strings),
2) followed by importance level (number)
3) if none applied fall back to previous logic
4) account for a competition that might be missing data but should of been sorted by point 1/2

It's a bit scary to see in action but can definitely get you more easier to use coding solutions than stack overflow :ROFLMAO:
There's also the argument that you are not going to learn though.
I mean, if something can give you the code, you're not going to learn from all the research, testing etc you'd do usually.

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Yea I agree. It's great for single problem solving but won't teach you anything about the codebase/technology your working on or how that change might impact other systems. All that is experience that still needs to be learned the hard way :)

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
this now does 75% of my job for me..... its amazing.
It's amazing, my Technical Consultant is amazed by it. He was plugging loads of stuff into it and got an answer to most, some of which he didn't think he'd get.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Are yous actually using it for quests? They really aren't that hard to do

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
Been using it for some time now, it used to do a lot more, they really dialed it back a bit lol,

here's a more accurate poem.

Here's a poem about Tai at LOMCN, complete with lexus lights that shine, and a crashing into tiny bushes that bind, to create a wild and crazy time:

Tai at LOMCN, oh what a sight, with his lexus gleaming in the night, the headlights beam with such delight, as he roars down the road in flight.

But Tai's not one to play it safe, he's known to push the limits of the brave, and as he speeds along the open space, he feels alive, he feels the thrill of the race.

And so it is that on this fateful night, Tai's wheels take him on a wild flight, through twists and turns and bumps in sight, he races on with all his might.

But fate has a way of playing tricks, and Tai's luck begins to run thin, for as he rounds a sharp turn quick, he crashes into a tiny bush, a mischievous grin.

Yet even as he falls and tumbles down, Tai's spirit remains unbroken, for he knows that he will rise again, to roam the roads, his lexus unspoken.

So here's to Tai at LOMCN, a fearless driver, wild and true, may his lexus always shine, and his adventures always renew.

• Angry
Reactions: Tai

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
once youve gone past 200 quests and trying to think of a storyline, then yes i will use it, my imagination has limits! :)
Tbh could write anything there ;) if quests where remotely done like on most modern games, proper better UI etc, I’d prob read it more, rather then go kill x mobs to go back to hand it in to go kill x more mobs 😉