Chinese Mir Questions!

Upshot

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 13, 2017
Hey, so I lurk/check back on this site every couplea months to see if anything is worth playing. (and I might play the Mir 3 one thats populated atm)

but I've always wondered; is it possible to play the chinese/korean mir 2? I google and google and cannot find any trace of how I'd start playing. Is there any way in, even as a none mandarin speaking person, would it be feasible in any way to actually play the game? I don't care too much about not speaking their language, providing I'd be able to play the game in some way.

Does anybody have info/advice/facts on if this is possible, how, etc?

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Everybody i know who got a VPN and got onto a Korean Mir2 server, they was touching 250Ping and it's just impossible to actually enjoy it, Maybe if you live Closer to asia you'd be good from the UK it's just not worth the lag.

Upshot

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 13, 2017
Everybody i know who got a VPN and got onto a Korean Mir2 server, they was touching 250Ping and it's just impossible to actually enjoy it, Maybe if you live Closer to asia you'd be good from the UK it's just not worth the lag.
Damn... I was hoping there was some magical way to make it work by now.
My brother lives in China, perhaps it's time to make amends and move to a completely different country all in the name of Mir 2. I miss it, no proper servers for it in forever :(

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Damn... I was hoping there was some magical way to make it work by now.
My brother lives in China, perhaps it's time to make amends and move to a completely different country all in the name of Mir 2. I miss it, no proper servers for it in forever :(

To be fair that probably the most likely way to find a good server, English Mir2 is slowly dying out, few big servers in the work but no ETA.

hoeva

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Aug 12, 2011
Korean server does not require a VPN to play anymore, but the trick is that you need a Korean phone number to register accounts following the recent ban of IPIN(sort of online ID). through you can buy existing accounts from some online sellers. you can not change the password of the account, but you will be given Q/A and birthday. And you can set up a secondary password, and Google OTP(starting later this month)

so, the only issue would be lag. if by any chance you decide to play, server 0 and 5 have the most players.

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009

I purchased one of them accounts that are pre-set up (website is listed on here somewhere).
I used a program like pingzapper (Was the one posted on LOM F B group) and my ping was between 80 & 140, I did have the occasional lag spikes between 9am & 1pm but after that it was ok.
A few friends who live in Tarifa & Cadiz still play and don't have any problems that I'm aware of.

Reactions: Piff1

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
I purchased one of them accounts that are pre-set up (website is listed on here somewhere).
I used a program like pingzapper (Was the one posted on LOM F B group) and my ping was between 80 & 140, I did have the occasional lag spikes between 9am & 1pm but after that it was ok.
A few friends who live in Tarifa & Cadiz still play and don't have any problems that I'm aware of.

Ahh that's not so bad.

Upshot

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 13, 2017
Wow, could you go out of your way to find me the website? I'd really appreciate it. I'd definitely be interested in joining! Thank you, hope!