Chinese to ASCII

smoochy boys on tour

DivX:)

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 13, 2003
Scotland
Couldn't think of a better title, when in game I see all the text as chinese yet I don't have any language packs installed, is there any way I can see the text in ASCII?

I don't mean the gfx, I know they need to be edited in a paint programme, it's the text from the client and server I want to see in ASCII if possible.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Um.. Why would you want to see it in ascii?

Its far easier to translate directly using the Chinese strings then getting the ascii converting to Chinese and then translating.

I've never looked into Woool too deeply but perhaps it doesn't require language packs (For the client at least) It might load it's own fonts or something similar.

You could try deleting the .fnt files in the woool folder or rename the asc ones to the gbk ones and vice versa one of em might force ascii

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 13, 2003
Scotland
Maybe I'm going about it the hard way, it's the only way I know how, if I see the ASCII I can look up it's Hex value and search for that.

If I see the ASCII character ê I know that the HEX value is EA when I've got the whole string written down I can search for it and replace with an English string.

Thanks anyway, I'll try your suggestion and see what happens.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Maybe I'm going about it the hard way, it's the only way I know how, if I see the ASCII I can look up it's Hex value and search for that.

If I see the ASCII character ê I know that the HEX value is EA when I've got the whole string written down I can search for it and replace with an English string.

Thanks anyway, I'll try your suggestion and see what happens.

Use ultraedit32 with the Chinese language pack installed and you can search through the exe and copy/paste the Chinese strings into babelfish or whatnot to translate them. I used to translate from ascii till I found ultraedit32.

LOMCN Developer
Developer
May 13, 2003
Scotland
Thats a cool webpage Mapadale, thanks for the link.

I use Hex Workshop, I suppose it will do the same if I install the language pack, thanks again for all help.

howie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 7, 2003
UK
I have always used ultredit to edit woool exe`s

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Thats a cool webpage Mapadale, thanks for the link.

I use Hex Workshop, I suppose it will do the same if I install the language pack, thanks again for all help.

Ultraedit32 is one of the few editing programs that will display Chinese text, fairly certain Hex Workshop won't

Turin

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 21, 2004
LomCN
Nifty webpage. I stumbled across it on google one day, and lost it to pixel dust the other...

Thanks
Turin