[Approved] Chronicles [AceM2] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Wishing you the best m8, family always first than other priorities.

translation:

Good, can't have another Mir3 competitor.

Honestly lil, if you wiped the server and started afresh you'd probably get a swarm of people and a new lease in life (I certainly would want to relive it all), but it's a tough choice to make knowing you'd anger those few who remain. I can only imagine what it would be like having had monks in from the start not to mention archer properly developed.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
translation:

Good, can't have another Mir3 competitor.

Honestly lil, if you wiped the server and started afresh you'd probably get a swarm of people and a new lease in life (I certainly would want to relive it all), but it's a tough choice to make knowing you'd anger those few who remain. I can only imagine what it would be like having had monks in from the start not to mention archer properly developed.

I kind of feel there's an element of rose tinted glasses there. As awesome as it would be for us to recapture the original days of Chronicles I feel we'd have to do more than simply wipe and relaunch the current files

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle
I kind of feel there's an element of rose tinted glasses there. As awesome as it would be for us to recapture the original days of Chronicles I feel we'd have to do more than simply wipe and relaunch the current files

i think relaunch would be amazing for the community.

current state of the files would 100% be fine for a relaunch unless there is some game breaking stuff still in the lerks, most of the lower tier content got all balanced out and fixed early on, before anyone is even close to the current content in game again would be a long time, should give more than enough time to whip something up content wise over that long period of time.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton

Oh you're right, you'd ideally need to hire someone active to re-create that feel and probably edit a lot of things that either went wrong or could do with tweaking in terms of gating content. But, it's doable. For sure.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Ive been a fan of chronicles since their Mir3Pack dear Koriban ;)

I wonder why i didnt been "salty" with them how i been with Jamie.. I guess that the difference of doing something for the community by hosting quality mir2 server for years beats the Lapta instinct of doing servers just for cash cow milking and later dump them by acting such a histericall emo kid "I NEVER BEEN HAPPY WITH THE PROGRESS STATE"

Cant wait for Chronicles to be back and smash you and your jamies lil tutty tushy ass and put you pathethic internet trolls back to your deserted corner.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Cant wait for Chronicles to be back and smash you and your jamies lil tutty tushy ass and put you pathethic internet trolls back to your deserted corner.

Yikes. Someone's angry. For the record, I actually helped Sam when Chronicles was first released in helping catch and detect cheaters and macro's and was at one point apart of their mantis bug tracker team, until I made a mistake and chose ingame friendship over reporting something, but I was about 19/20 at the time and so very niave, But I learned my lesson from it. < see that, that's called dignity. Take note.

I would love nothing more for the server to come back and thrive, even if Jamie does release a Mir2 server again (much to your dismay, i'm sure)

Meanwhile, you'll still be here. Posting angrily at everyone.

Last edited:

KingCobra92

Untrusted Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 9, 2015

Isn’t that what you created Zentaur to do ? How did that go ?

Destroyer1987

Racoon
Dedicated Member
Feb 15, 2013
In The Shadows
Or treat current chronicles as a Phoenix like server. Launch chronicles v2 as a Dragon like server. Having Phoenix as it is, then new v2 Dragon by its side. Start with 3 classes until fully ready for each class?

I dunno Ive been sat looking for a mir return past week. Chronicles could last forever if treated rite.

/Dest

Xythas

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 22, 2017
Chesterfield
I've been really hoping for a relaunch of Chronicles like a lot of people too.

Right now it looks like the mir2 community is in need of a server to play and with Chronicles on it's last legs it would be quite silly of the team not to attempt a reboot of the beloved server that many people loved playing. I've always struggled to understand why the ball never got rolling on doing so in the last half a year when we all know the number of players it would pull in not to mention the £££ ( if that's ever been the incentive ).

I do agree that certain things would need removing or changing but it's not out the realm of possibility.

It may all just be rose tinted but the number of people calling for a reboot should not be ignored at this point especially when us mir 2 lot are looking for a place to play. People are wanting a relaunch of Chronicles for a reason.

Silencer

Comedian
Golden Oldie
Feb 9, 2008
LOMCN HQ with Tai, eating bagels.
To be fair - with 2/3 months of ironing out the bugs/issues that were discovered over the last 4 years and hyping it up with a social media and LOMCN campaign.

You could release it in time for Christmas and genuinely make about £100,000 in a month.

Well worth it imo.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
To be fair - with 2/3 months of ironing out the bugs/issues that were discovered over the last 4 years and hyping it up with a social media and LOMCN campaign.

You could release it in time for Christmas and genuinely make about £100,000 in a month.

Well worth it imo.

If you send us 10k as an advance I'll get started today and should we make 100k the first month I'll give you back 20k

Reactions: zedina