[Approved] Chronicles [AceM2] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

europlayer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2014
Is it really worth looking at for a new starter?

I have visions of spending an eternity playing and levelling alone especially if the majority of the user base is level 90

lol thts the whole point of having an event you wont be playing alone, there gonna be few starting playing too ;) and with the lvling cave fast tracking ppl to a reasonable lvl they will be joining guild and then you wont be playing alone either :D . i never played the server myself but i keep hearing alot of ppl wishe they can play it .so given the chance i think alot of those ppl will try to join :), i will give you an example <<<<<------------- i am one of the ppl that really wanna try the server but when i heard how long the server been up i knew i will have really hard time catching up.the idea put me off but if there is a chance i can catch up or be in close lvl, i would surely try it .

zivanovic99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2015
I'm open to ideas on catch-up mechanics but a new server isn't on the table. Simply do not have the capacity to support and manage one.

Drops are getting increased on reboot Sunday which should help players obtain items easier and we already have low level boosts, I could look at increasing the level cap for that boost? I believe it's set around level 40 atm

Can you sort the forum out too so people know about this

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014

I have visions of spending an eternity playing and levelling alone especially if the majority of the user base is level 90
I ment the highest level obtainable is 90 there is only a few even close to that once you get level 70 which isnt hard at all these days tbh you can be competive as far as leveling alone its up to you to join a guild there are a fair few about still and tbh every other day i still see a new face or someone coming back to play

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Can you sort the forum out too so people know about this

Unfortunately I don't actually have access to the box that the forum runs on, am currently trying to get the details but it might be down another few days

The boost stops at level 60 bud would be nice to increase to level 70 as max is now level 90

Sure I'm happy enough to do that, for those unaware of what the boost does it will basically double exp up to level 70. The grind to 90 is just that a grind for those that want to do it. The end game content is all more than playable at 70 and at this stage that's where all the fun would be

Can understand that. We do have levelling caves in the files that we've used in the past but I dont like the idea of funnelling players into 1 cave and it also means you're not really progressing in a natural way i.e. you're not getting new items and enough gold to continue levelling. We do have a rotating exp boost on various caves each day (on top of the exp boost above) the aim of that was to add variety to levelling

The server itself player count wise is actually doing pretty well tbh, there are currently 47 players online with a peak of 71 since last reboot and that stays pretty consistent at peak times

Nyx

LOMCN Member
Feb 11, 2018
I ment the highest level obtainable is 90 there is only a few even close to that once you get level 70 which isnt hard at all these days tbh you can be competive as far as leveling alone its up to you to join a guild there are a fair few about still and tbh every other day i still see a new face or someone coming back to play

Yeah but I can’t imagine playing solo till level 80+ to get groups for any dungeons or bosses to be all that much fun 🥺

Back in my box I go until something new comes out I think.

zivanovic99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2015
Unfortunately I don't actually have access to the box that the forum runs on, am currently trying to get the details but it might be down another few days

Sure I'm happy enough to do that, for those unaware of what the boost does it will basically double exp up to level 70. The grind to 90 is just that a grind for those that want to do it. The end game content is all more than playable at 70 and at this stage that's where all the fun would be

Can understand that. We do have levelling caves in the files that we've used in the past but I dont like the idea of funnelling players into 1 cave and it also means you're not really progressing in a natural way i.e. you're not getting new items and enough gold to continue levelling. We do have a rotating exp boost on various caves each day (on top of the exp boost above) the aim of that was to add variety to levelling

The server itself player count wise is actually doing pretty well tbh, there are currently 47 players online with a peak of 71 since last reboot and that stays pretty consistent at peak times

Whilst you may be inclined to disagree, I really think the potential interest of people wanting to still play and come back to this server is probably double that number. I completely understand the situation of the server team and I get that there isn't the support for the server like there used to be, but surely with a little help, there wouldn't need to be that many changes of any drastic capacity to spark interest again.

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Yeah but I can’t imagine playing solo till level 80+ to get groups for any dungeons or bosses to be all that much fun 🥺

Back in my box I go until something new comes out I think.
You wont play solo as milo said there is rotating exp cave thing that changes just shout in town people will group you or join a guild most guilds do leveling hunts when theres a decent cave that is sometimes we get hellcave two days in a row @MiloFoxburr cough cough everyone hates it take it out plz haha but most time its great

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Whilst you may be inclined to disagree, I really think the potential interest of people wanting to still play and come back to this server is probably double that number. I completely understand the situation of the server team and I get that there isn't the support for the server like there used to be, but surely with a little help, there wouldn't need to be that many changes of any drastic capacity to spark interest again.

I won't lie, it does surprise me to see that the server isn't dying. I'm more than happy to continue to running it for as long as players play but like I've said I don't have the time to do much more than that

zivanovic99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2015
I won't lie, it does surprise me to see that the server isn't dying. I'm more than happy to continue to running it for as long as players play but like I've said I don't have the time to do much more than that

Surely though if you had assistance from someone else to help run it there could still be minor changes?

europlayer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2014

you wouldn't be funnelling any players really,the event cave should be like couple of days then it will better exp for players outside in the normal caves.its just tht boost in the beginning to help new players to catch up, and i do understand what you mean tht it would feel unatural lvling but most ppl now have or had tryed hig rate and mid rate server ,so its not something new to players.good new even for the vetreans of your server more player base more fun!!.

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Surely though if you had assistance from someone else to help run it there could still be minor changes?

There isn't anyone I'd trust with the files (outside of the other members of the team)

you wouldn't be funnelling any players really,the event cave should be like couple of days then it will better exp for players outside in the normal caves.its just tht boost in the beginning to help new players to catch up, and i do understand what you mean tht it would feel unatural lvling but most ppl now have or had tryed hig rate and mid rate server ,so its not something new to players.good new even for the vetreans of your server more player base more fun!!.

Sure, but levelling is already super easy if you use the rotating caves to level. May as well just start people at 60 than have people boosting for an hour or two in a basic levelling cave imo

Reactions: zivanovic99

Swoosh

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
London
With a relatively low user count, rotating exp caves and an exp boost anyway - i dont think this server really needs an exp cave, there is SO much un-used content now, especially as the high levels just do bosses. Maybe a a further boost to those under 70 to catch them up to the main levels to add to some competition, nobody bar a few are around 90 anyway. Surely nobody would complain with that as more players makes the server more fun.

If only chrons could be reinvigorated with a team like TPR, server could flourish again.

Edit: The only thing you might want to consider tweaking @MiloFoxburr is the caves within the rotation, as some are dire and pointless being in there at all. (y)

Last edited:

europlayer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2014
With a relatively low user count, rotating exp caves and an exp boost anyway - i dont think this server really needs an exp cave, there is SO much un-used content now, especially as the high levels just do bosses. Maybe a a further boost to those under 70 to catch them up to the main levels to add to some competition, nobody bar a few are around 90 anyway. Surely nobody would complain with that as more players makes the server more fun.

If only chrons could be reinvigorated with a team like TPR, server could flourish again.

Edit: The only thing you might want to consider tweaking @MiloFoxburr is the caves within the rotation, as some are dire and pointless being in there at all. (y)
still if you donot do event i am telling you ppl will take one look at the lvls in the game and will put them off,as i mentioned befor i was one of those ppl as soon as i knew what is the ppl lvl in the game did not even check how is the lvling like i just said too hard to catch up, the event will bring alot of ppl on the server and with already good players count (i heard60/70 @peek time) the event should be great for advrtising the server too ;).
and pls with all duo respect i wont want TPR gm on this server, they the reason i quit playing there server!! lol and i was one of the top players on leader board and on mc for wizzies still throw it all away cas of the gm on it . so donot wishe for it :P

Reactions: Nyx

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
still if you donot do event i am telling you ppl will take one look at the lvls in the game and will put them off,as i mentioned befor i was one of those ppl as soon as i knew what is the ppl lvl in the game did not even check how is the lvling like i just said too hard to catch up, the event will bring alot of ppl on the server and with already good players count (i heard60/70 @peek time) the event should be great for advrtising the server too ;).
and pls with all duo respect i wont want TPR gm on this server, they the reason i quit playing there server!! lol and i was one of the top players on leader board and on mc for wizzies still throw it all away cas of the gm on it . so donot wishe for it :p
Dude its really not that hard to catch up you can get level 55 if not more over a weekend if you have the time that is.

Then with the exp caves getting level 70 isnt so bad and now with milo extending the under 60 boost to 70 its gonna be even easier.

As far as getting gear goes do instances and farm the low tier boss and subs for bene ht and even tokens to sell for gold to buy gear its really not that hard

europlayer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 24, 2014
Dude its really not that hard to catch up you can get level 55 if not more over a weekend if you have the time that is.

Then with the exp caves getting level 70 isnt so bad and now with milo extending the under 60 boost to 70 its gonna be even easier.

As far as getting gear goes do instances and farm the low tier boss and subs for bene ht and even tokens to sell for gold to buy gear its really not that hard
i am happy to start playing now if wht you saying is true but i like to point out , you did say" if you have the time" this is the main reason none of us got the time like we used to so the whole point of the event to short tht time :P and event will be like advristising to the server to when he announce it?! it will bring more ppl than just leaving it as it is.

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
i am happy to start playing now if wht you saying is true but i like to point out , you did say" if you have the time" this is the main reason none of us got the time like we used to so the whole point of the event to short tht time :p and event will be like advristising to the server to when he announce it?! it will bring more ppl than just leaving it as it is.
Yer hence why i put about the time you know about Awt Azt and Apt right theres a portal in BW click it they are leveling caves after Awt you need tokens to enter pretty much every boss and sub can drop them in game there also in Tm alot and you can buy them from the game shop.

These caves are the best way to blast past all the lower levels imo and tbh most if not all level 70+ level in Apt

Reactions: Swoosh

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
think With chrons now there isn’t as many players nemore and 1-50 probs be aids and time consuming, I think should be sped up a little to get people smashing instances slowly lvling from the mobs and kitting up, as pre50 is kinda meh now

Reactions: zivanovic99