[Approved] Chronicles [AceM2] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
Main thing I'm sad about is no more monk class :( I also don't think he should release the files either but its a shame we cant get the monk pushed into the crystal files as an optional class.

xXxLegendxXx

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 26, 2019
Main thing I'm sad about is no more monk class :( I also don't think he should release the files either but its a shame we cant get the monk pushed into the crystal files as an optional class.
Monk class was **** anyways lol so don't worry.

If you're a true Monk fan as far as I'm aware there is a server called The Rise Of The Archons, they have Monk Class on this server tons better than the monk on chronicle mir

• Haha
Reactions: ChaseyLane

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Chronicles use all shanda classes. Adding monk class to crystal simply wouldn't be possible given the differences between wemade and shanda frames and offsets. Not without having several features disabled and not allowing monks to wear any normal class items anyway.

Reactions: zedina

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004

If you're a true Monk fan as far as I'm aware there is a server called The Rise Of The Archons, they have Monk Class on this server tons better than the monk on chronicle mir
That server has 0 users, unfortunately. I played it when it first came out but it dies pretty fast.

Reactions: xXxLegendxXx

Belle

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 25, 2019

Pretty sure monk was the op class on there

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
Even passing files onto a trusted community member will end bad imo. Let it go, with dignity.

Frozen or WeOwn,
Torozor
Ragezone,

All released.. and people just rebadged, not to mention the countless DM2, CM2 ripoffs from stolen or released files for cashcows.

WeOwn was built from Frozen files, but it wasn't ever released to my knowledge.

How does Chronicles even run at the moment? I imagine being as dated as the engine is, it would run noticeably different, perhaps slower than Crystals does?

But yeh...I wouldn't release it either way, it will 100% be tarnished within a week. I would absolutely take a run at a V2 though, if it was done...even if only for 6 months or something (However long the server costs have going?). Reason I stopped playing the first time is because I ran out of things to do, this was in the early days before even Archer was perfected...I tend not to return to servers after i've left them, but I wouldn't mind a 2nd fresh start on this, just to see it off and give the content I haven't played a go, with a sufficient playerbase...or perhaps encourage you to run it for a couple years longer?

Mystickiller

Bored AF
Golden Oldie
Dec 24, 2003
Minnesota, USA
There's quite a lot left in the background of Chronicles from what I've seen. I only got to see a few days of Ace but alot of what made it great never made it over to Chronicles. Chron would have been so much better if monk was balanced, and pacing was better.

I'd never want to re live the chronicles early days. Crave more damage.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
There's quite a lot left in the background of Chronicles from what I've seen. I only got to see a few days of Ace but alot of what made it great never made it over to Chronicles. Chron would have been so much better if monk was balanced, and pacing was better.

I'd never want to re live the chronicles early days. Crave more damage.
i found ace much better than chron, loved that server

ImissEuro

LOMCN Leecher
Dec 6, 2017
Chronicles was just poorly run at the start. exploits that destroyed the game one day 1 allowed to continue to preserve the server lunch instead of immediately relaunching. Bugged Event items allowed to stay and bug fixed so uneven playing field there was always talk of high donators allowed to get away with what others would be banned for. Taos heal aim was poor for ages, classes unbalanced and changed quiet drastically at times.
The server, despite all of that was very good and the bit i played when LCD was running it seemed good. Maybe if it was his server from the start things would have been different. that said it will be remembered as a decent server that had a good few years run
Thanks for some very fun times, definitely one of the more enjoyable servers i have played

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Congrats to the initial team who launched Chronicles and big huge thank you to @Lilcooldoode for keeping Chronicles updated along the years.
Chronicles is and always will always be a huge part of Mir2 History and LOMCN.

May those files rest in peace. 💾

Reactions: Tai and zivanovic99

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
I was sad to see this server die off when the UC dropped so heavily. It was by far one of my fav servers so respect to LCD for keeping it going when no one else would. Fantastic set of files (probably one of my favourite) and I'd definitely love to see another version one day, or at least the files released so they don't die forever and go to waste.

RIP AceM2/Chronicles. - Met some great set of people across these server's too.

Purity

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 25, 2007
Just tried logging in for the first time in a year today... Sad news!

RIP to the best Mir experience since the Euro days.

• Love
Reactions: Omnibus

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
grow up lol, chrons was terrible
Better than pretty much every server out there, not a single server since has come close to what chrons was lol
Post automatically merged:

before u say arti and it’s 700 uc, 300+ of that was fishers miners xD