[Approved] Chronicles [AceM2] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Re: Legend of Mir Chronicles [AceM2]

Theres seems to be some confusion; there will not be 2 servers, everybody will be on the same server but separated by different maps, crossing from a mir2 map into a mir3 map would be as simple as walking into a doorway but to begin with the maps will not be linked together.

@zedina, nothing is impossible! :)
mir2mir3.gif

why you do only close ups?

put the entire screenshot :P

TheDayIDie

Banned
Banned
Dedicated Member
Jul 29, 2011
UK

Theres seems to be some confusion; there will not be 2 servers, everybody will be on the same server but separated by different maps, crossing from a mir2 map into a mir3 map would be as simple as walking into a doorway but to begin with the maps will not be linked together.

mir2mir3.gif

Proof mir2 warrior is underpowered vs mir3. Mir2 doesn't have enough damage / accuracy to hit mir3 warrior!

zivanovic99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2015

mir2mir3.gif

Personally I think that sounds really exciting. I've never been into Mir3, but i think this expansion will be really fun. Reminds me of WoW with horde and alliance

Jicaa

Pooslice
Golden Oldie
Jul 9, 2003

Just need something to keep me busy till the Mir3 side becomes available :apathy:

Lightstorm

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2005

I couldnt play a mir this laggy it looks shocking lol
Haha agreed. Is why I am curious as that Mir 3 reminds me more of Mir 2 but obviously some heavily edited stuff. Will the Mir 3 content be Euro based or modified from the start?

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

Not sure what difference it makes lol:

Images233.jpg

AM2 has always supported 32bit colours, although I think images in this map are made up of 16bit... Does look colourful.

Sam

---------- Post Merged at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:27 PM ----------

will the mir 3 chara be able to use special armours things such as Heaven Armours Mir Armours ect?

Mir2 and Mir3 Armours will be restricted to their own classes, there won't be any cross over of armours.

We may do Mir3 equivalents though, although to begin with we are likely going to use to official item/monster/mongen stats from the latest Korean server.

Sam

---------- Post Merged at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:30 PM ----------

Haha agreed. Is why I am curious as that Mir 3 reminds me more of Mir 2 but obviously some heavily edited stuff. Will the Mir 3 content be Euro based or modified from the start?

We have the latest official korean mir3 items/mob etc stats which we will likely use to begin with.

Sam

Last edited by a moderator:

Exwizz

Legend
Legendary
Feb 1, 2010
Newcastle

AM2 has always supported 32bit colours, although I think images in this map are made up of 16bit... Does look colourful.

Sam

---------- Post Merged at 09:30 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:27 PM ----------

Mir2 and Mir3 Armours will be restricted to their own classes, there won't be any cross over of armours.

We may do Mir3 equivalents though, although to begin with we are likely going to use to official item/monster/mongen stats from the latest Korean server.

Sam

---------- Post Merged at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 09:30 PM ----------

We have the latest official korean mir3 items/mob etc stats which we will likely use to begin with.

Sam

ahh thanks for the reply,

are you guys still on track with the plans/release dates before summer?

Lightstorm

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 9, 2005

Sam

Sam

Sam

All sounds good. I'm sure there are alot of people interested in this. Good luck with the project.

virusz89

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 26, 2010

hi , i just wanted to try this out but i cannot press Create character button because of the screen resolution. can i get any help?how to change game resolution for example?

mrboldy

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Oct 11, 2011

Does poison gem attribute not work for range? I added 3 to my archer and it does not seem to be poisoning anything.

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013

Does poison gem attribute not work for range? I added 3 to my archer and it does not seem to be poisoning anything.
Its only supposed to make your poison last longer i think on this server and maybe increase poison damage/ poison cloud damage.

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

Maintenance reboot today is over.

Not much to report in terms of front end changes except for a potential fix for server auth failure messages when logging in.

Would really like some feedback on server auth failures, are you still seeing them? Is there any hanging at login? Any feedback would be great.

Sam

Babyhack

Devilsoul Owner
VIP
Feb 4, 2004
Dublin, Ireland

Hey guys,

Sorry for the extended downtime, there was quite a bit to pull together.

New mid to high level hunting ground Swamp added (accessible via mole hole in Coastal prov)
New high level hunting ground SunkenLair added (accessible via sailor).
New spells added (see list below).
New craftable sets added (small issue with the sets at the moment that will be fixed asap, the full set isn't giving the added bonus).
Bonus exp cave rotation added (see below for more info)
Kill chain quests added (see below for more info)

Skills
Warrior:
InfernoSword:
An upgrade to FlamingSword, hit with a fierce supercharged flame causing the ground to erupt damaging a number of targets in front of you.

CycloneStrike:
An upgrade to CrossHalfmoon, swing your weapon around causing full damage to all enemies around you.

Wizard:
LightningStorm:
Bolts of lightning strike a large area around the caster damaging many enemies within range (a mass Thunderbolt spell for the more mir literate).

Hypnotism:
An upgrade to ElectricShock: Greatly increases the effectiveness of the Wizards taming spell, allowing them to tame monsters quicker, and for longer.

Taoist:
Infect:
Infect an enemy with disease effect causing both debuffs of improved green and red poison. Also contagious and will spread to any other enemies that come too close.

YinYangBlast:
An improved single target projectile spell which will bounce between you and the target up to 3 times while the target remains stationary. The returning Yang has a chance of reviving some HP/MP

PedestalOfLife: Passive
Become a beacon of life among heroes. Nearby allies will become visually connected to your soul; channeling a number of buffs to them at all times.

Assassin:
SmokeBomb:
Throw a smoke bomb reducing the visibility of any enemies caught inside.

DeathSense:
Enemies with low HP are revealed to you by a flashing revelation bar.
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
Archer:
PhoenixShot:
An upgrade to PiercingShoft, shoots a flaming phoenix across the screen hitting all enemies in its path 3 spaces wide, also leaving a trail of fire in its wake.

RainingArrows:
Shower an enemy with arrows causing small AoE damage around them.
​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​
Monk:
GuardianAura:
Absorb a %age of damage from allies within your Aura.

BloodAura:
Increases the effectiveness of HP potions for you and your allies within your Aura.

MagicAura:
Increases the effectiveness of MP potions for you and your allies within your Aura.

Bonus exp cave rotation:
Every day a random set of caves will have an exp boost applied to them, the idea is to make hunting various different caves more enjoyable and make use of all of our content a bit more rather than one or two high exp caves.

​​​​​​​Kill chain quests:
This is something we used to have in the early days of Chronicles but was taken out due to a few issues, we have fixed the issues and popped it back in.

The idea is that after killing the first type of x mob, you will have a time period to kill y amount more, if you complete the kill chain you will receive an exp boost, this boost is independent of game shop exp boosts.

As always please let us know if there are any issues, and let us know what you think of the new hunting grounds, feedback is king.

Chronicles Development Team

Samuel

Mir Chronicles Dev
VIP
Feb 8, 2011

First real hunt to kill the Kraken!

I thought it was exciting so I captured some of it on film, I hope TKO don't mind!

[video=youtube;S5pCUWwsYrk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5pCUWwsYrk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Sam​