[Approved] Chronicles [AceM2] Discussion

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!

Astro92

LOMCN Member
Dec 7, 2019
The money sits there generating interest for Paypal mainly and paying the server costs. I haven't taken a "wage" for Chronicles in over a year. It's just there to keep the server running for as long as people play the server

-edit-

Didn't mean to ignore the other conversation either. Not sure what are real options for prevent 1 shot PvP? There are plenty of options, block PK if above x levels of target, block higher levels from caves lower levels mostly use, create private instances for lower levels to level in etc. They all have pros and cons though and I'm really not happy with any of them.

Honestly higher levels should stop being dicks and stop PK'ing obviously lower level players

I guess I could turn off PK on lower level caves outside of KR's?
Thank you for replying, mid level caves e.g. orcs, swamp, crystal shouldn't be able to be PKed by a person x levels higher than you in my opinion. Is there any possibility you could look at euro boss drop files?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

MiloFoxburr

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 23, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Thank you for replying, mid level caves e.g. orcs, swamp, crystal shouldn't be able to be PKed by a person x levels higher than you in my opinion. Is there any possibility you could look at euro boss drop files?

That setting (to stop PK by someone higher than x level) isn't something that can be controlled on a Map by Map basis in the files :/. It's an all or nothing I believe. I'd actually need to test to see if it even does what I'm thinking or if it just entirely stops PK below X level

Regarding drops, they're not really on my rader but I realise new players obviously struggle to gear up so I'd like to do something about it, just dunno what yet

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
Although I fully acknowledge Milo is the only one working on the server and hes time limited that's not to say that amends still shouldn't be done, that's why we donate to keep the server alive and to make relevant amends, I alone this month have donated £37 this month and I know that isnt great sums but theres hundreds of players and nearly everyone is running around with donation pets, the money is sent in upkeep and maintenance of the server.

You said it, you DONATED. Donations are not obligatory and therefore you're own choice. This doesn't mean that Milo or anyone else owes anything to you or the next person for that matter.

As milo has rightly addressed, the money from donations are simply left in PayPal to fund the cost of running the server. Once players leave and donations stop, what do you think will happen?

As I rightly stated, at this stage anything that is added or changed is more out of goodwill than anything else.

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
It's a graphics card thing, setting will depend on if you're using AMD, Nvidia or Intel

Honestly though I dunno why you'd wanna stretch Mir :/

I don't want to stretch it, I just want a similar resolution to Marble and the likes where you're not plonked cm's away from your character.

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
I don't want to stretch it, I just want a similar resolution to Marble and the likes where you're not plonked cm's away from your character.
Best off going with 1366 res or 1680 I'd say, both of which you can set in the Mir2Config.ini file.

I'm regards to black bars down either side, this is usually a result of your graphics card. You'll find that graphics cards nowadays don't auto fit older games for some reason. Anyway, if you have an Nvidia Gfx card you need to go to the Nvidia Control Panel > Adjust desktop resolution and make sure your screen is set to work from your Gpu, make sure your scaling is set 'full screen' and this should work. If you have an AMD graphics card I have no idea but just Google search 'fullscreen scaling gpu'.

MonoxideLenny

Adwaa
Veteran
Jan 23, 2014

lol you cant be serious about Orcs and crystal and that? why not just ask for god mode and 1000 dc as well?

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
And why this bothers you by any means on what they are doing with the $ generated from Chronicles?
Chronicles will probably last more than any server released this year or next year.
Doesn’t bother me in the slightest, was a reply to him saying it’s hundreds of ppl donating monthly, it was a question is all

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Doesn’t bother me in the slightest, was a reply to him saying it’s hundreds of ppl donating monthly, it was a question is all

Even so, nobody should question them what they do with the money, specially because how long Chronicles been online and served as a shelter for players during waiting for a another mir2 server to be online.

Shurikan

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 15, 2018
No pk in swamp even though its the best place to hunt in for multiple reasons at any lvl. rofl some people are so carebear nowadays and need to grow up or move to a new server. Chronicles is a pvp server dont like it leave

Vormand

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Jan 24, 2017
No pk in swamp even though its the best place to hunt in for multiple reasons at any lvl. rofl some people are so carebear nowadays and need to grow up or move to a new server. Chronicles is a pvp server dont like it leave
Pvp... Precisely... But smashing someone 20 lvls lower than yourself is just a dick move, not pvp if the other player can't do anything because they're too low level.

Astro92

LOMCN Member
Dec 7, 2019
Pvp... Precisely... But smashing someone 20 lvls lower than yourself is just a dick move, not pvp if the other player can't do anything because they're too low level.
I second this, its just people flexing their egos and gaining items the level 50s have taken ages to get because lower level drop files and like 2 years outdated, rich get richer and the poor get poorer.

ibby

I'm a massive prick
Dedicated Member
Jan 10, 2017
Selling

Pledge ring speed 3
Pledge ring speed 2 slow 2
Bloodfang speed 1 slow 2
Grand dragon ring dc 3 slow 1
Dual Titan amulet dura 5 accuracy 3 dc 3
Dual Titan amulet accuracy 2 dc 3
Post automatically merged:

DTA’s GDR sold.

Pledge’s and bloodfang left

Last edited:

Morganja

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
May 11, 2017
Pk is part of mir, why do you think the game was designed with guild wars, cursing weapons from murder, actual murder being a thing, pk points, pk village, different attack modes. Can't understand why people choose a game like this then ask for no PK, would you walk in a clothes shop and ask them to sell you a car?