cliff merging together

Enos_MiR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2006
Wales. Newport
hi ive been making my own server and maps, but i have a problem, when i create an outside dungeon, and when i put the grey cliff things on the outside, i cant get tem to merge they just overlap each other.

please help!

Enos_MiR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2006
Wales. Newport
well...erm say if you had 2 pieces of paper, you drop them on the floor the land on top of each other, i want them to murge into 1 super paper...

understand?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
no you cant merge them together. think the mapeditor as 2 pieces of paper, drop them on the floor, they go over each other, they dont merge. the map editor isnt that clever, and neither is mir. remember mir maps are only made of lots of images, the mapeditor is just an efficient way of putting all those images together.

Enos_MiR

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 30, 2006
Wales. Newport
Farphit said:
no you cant merge them together. think the mapeditor as 2 pieces of paper, drop them on the floor, they go over each other, they dont merge. the map editor isnt that clever, and neither is mir. remember mir maps are only made of lots of images, the mapeditor is just an efficient way of putting all those images together.

so what happened when you put clifffs together? do they look all pixelated?

btw hazuki, wasnt trying to be funny

Slanesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Sep 6, 2004
Stoke, England
They won't overlay correctly - the map editor split object tilesets into objects, which are long vertical strips that make up an image (that are each 1 square in width but varying heights). Parts of these vertical strips are attributed, whereby a person cannot step on them (say for example the wall of a building or the edge of a cliff).

The map editor will not allow these objects to overlay each other, and instead will just buzz angrily at you when you try to do it. If you're careful, you can actually delete single vertical strips of the object and place other strips in their place, but it can lead to the images not appearing merged when two objects are placed alongside eachother...

I'd just recommend you use the default cliffs object tilesets, and try and vary them a little. By dropping the cliffs BEFORE you drop the tiles you can actually put the cliffs into the correct places far more easily (whether this answers your question or not I don't know).