Coming back to mir 2

mistodon

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Apr 16, 2003
I've not played mir 2 since retail finished, I was always on private servers and retail. My question is what server now is close to mir2 where I can just get started and not everything is 100% all new. I get the times have changed and there will be new things, I just want to ease back into it. Get myself a Tao and enjoy a few hours off game time.

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Current Mir2 servers currently online are heavily modified, I can't really comment on this tho as ive not played them,

There have been lots of updates since retail ended,

have a gander at the link below to see whats added on the base files, (Crystal are the main files, Mir2 servers are currently running)

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I'd recommend TPR (my team's server)

We are 7 months in, with an increasing UC again, which is good.
We have tons of catch up mechanics
%Buffs / EXP Pills etc ...
we do have new areas, but we also retained all the nostalgic areas (other than BichonWall!) - so you can still hunt in PSC/PT/ZT/WT etc, but with loads of new areas to also explore!

We are also working on releasing 2 new places BossLands and BattleGround (not sure if these were ever original)

And a 2 week massive Halloween event will be starting in less than 2 weeks !

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
I would agree with Daneo. The euro clones as we call them pop up every now and again but don't last long as most of the community have been playing private servers for so long that they are after something new.

Don't let that detour you though. Loads of them have all the original content with differences or added content. Check the server list and look up the server your interested in under the server advertisement sections to see pictures and adverts on the server :)