Copycat Websites

smoochy boys on tour

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
May as well clear this up now and make everyone aware why this is not being allowed.

You're probably not aware but a LOMCN-style "copycat" forum/website has been created by a previously banned member of our community, seemingly with a view to making money out of other people's hard work.

His list of usernames includes:

hustler
oO~Unknown~Oo
Mecha
Zuse

As well as numerous new accounts which have been registered recently purely to advertise his site.

Some of you may remember oO~Unknown~Oo from when he repeatedly changed all the links on the Legend of Mir Wikipedia pages to point to his own server forums along with other devious acts of self-gain. Under the 'hustler' alias he was also banned for scamming private server players.

He has now purchased multiple Mir related web domains and created a very lame attempted copy of the LOMCN forum structure (even down to ripping our custom forum skin) and stealing our content (server files etc. developed and released by this community). It's apparent that he's also attempting to charge a monthly fee for access to some of this content. :applause:

He will continue to be banned from here just as the likes of lapta were, not because his threadbare site is a threat to us in any conceivable way (lol please) but because he is a leech and detriment to the MIR community.

If any of you do feel the need to visit his website please be careful and do not use any login details that you use elsewhere!

Stay safe kids.

/LOMCN Administration

Reactions: Scorpian

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Best thing to do is not enable him any further by either joining or even using his website.

While we're on the subject of other websites, Ragezone requires a back-link in order to advertise (They actually changed it recently where you must take a screen shot saying hello ragezone or something) what are your feelings on this?
I already back-link to here (LOMCN) on my website(s) as I think it's only right as without the help of these type of communities I wouldn't have as much knowledge as I do now.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
I went on awhile back on his forums, to see what the craic was...
I am pretty sure he was just talking to himself through multiple accounts.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I went on awhile back on his forums, to see what the craic was...
I am pretty sure he was just talking to himself through multiple accounts.

It's all I do on here. Although I manage to get the other users to genuinely believe they are other people...

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Thanks for the clarification Tai,
Pretty much every file he has released on there is downloaded from his site, no credit has been given to the rightful people.
Every update I have pulled on the Crystal Source has been credited to the people who released them. Like you have said its Lapta all over again,

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Amusing as your and Ice's server was on there :applause:
--
We need a meme for this.... I will plan once boss has left. It will be the Mecha of Memes that even Zuse canot ignore.

I have nothing to do with the advertisement of the servers in my network, that's up to those who run them however, I will request it be removed from there as I had no idea (I don't visit the website, surprise surprise)

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
I have nothing to do with the advertisement of the servers in my network, that's up to those who run them however, I will request it be removed from there as I had no idea (I don't visit the website, surprise surprise)

!

Mecha confirmed...

No but seriously, I wouldn't bother. I think he seemed reasonable enough when I asked him to remove my bits, or add credit/let me create a unique link for him, but I don't think he ever actually did any of it so you will likely encounter the same.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
it won't take off.... lomcn isn't just a website full of nobends, its more, were ******s too

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Dat 5£ per month personal coder offer was cool though :lol That website was laughable " Access to #C Custom files by " Name "

Not one mention of the actual C# Coders.

WargodSius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 5, 2013
Dat 5£ per month personal coder offer was cool though :lol That website was laughable " Access to #C Custom files by " Name "

Rumours state that the real coders once hired a baboon purely to tell people that they'd once hired a baboon....

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK

TBH, if Far or Jamie offered this type of service for Crystal, but for a guaranteed service for when a bug arises or new updates as n when but on a time scale and also provides for the community id be happy to pay.

EDIT: For the right price of course.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
I'm surprised this even needed posting.

I mean, why the **** would I go to his website when we have all these dank memes here?

I for one enjoy our one true leader Tai, successor to Kim-Jong-Un, creator of Memes, Banner of Mohs, Mother of Trolls.

Reactions: Emzie and Jamie

Tai

HEAD CAPTAIN
Staff member
Administrator
May 11, 2003
United Kingdom
I'm surprised this even needed posting.

I mean, why the **** would I go to his website when we have all these dank memes here?

I for one enjoy our one true leader Tai, successor to Kim-Jong-Un, creator of Memes, Banner of Mohs, Mother of Trolls.

made me larf irl