Cpu

smoochy boys on tour

blazee

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 3, 2012
Hi all,

quick question

Intel or AMD for mir? whats better or whats preferred. looking into a simple build of 500, currently have AMD Ryzen 1300x selected, good choice or?

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
AMD... never let me down, easy overclocking, very good at keeping cool and offers best value for money.

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Intel all day, never ****ed with AMD.. My mate is running a AMD system though and it's a ****ing monster but like Martyn said you get what you pay for and he paid high for it, myself would of went Intel.

Spinn

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 17, 2015
He's on somewhat of a budget, and like I said, AMD would be more suited towards a budget for a gaming system... AMD CPU's have also been proven to out perform majority of Intel CPU's of similar speeds, though a quick check online will help you determine your best option if you have a few CPU's in mind.

Last edited:

Veora

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Apr 4, 2005
He's on somewhat of a budget, and like I said, AMD would be more suited towards a budget for a gaming system... AMD CPU's have also been proven to out perform majority of Intel CPU's of similar speeds, though a quick check online will help you determine your best option if you have a few CPU's in mind.

Intel is much better for gaming according to every benchmark i've seen so far!