[Custom C# Files] Apocalypse Mir 2

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour
Status
Not open for further replies.

DiabloVodkaShot

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Feb 20, 2009
distribution will be via patcher
I assume the distribution of the server will be via .torrent if so are you intending on releasing the files 2-3 days prior to launch to encourage people to download and seed ready for launch day?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Hagia

LOMCN n00bie
Apr 29, 2018
i hope its as good as zircon because to be honest of all the severs i tried its the only one im not lag ><

wxypk2009

Banned
Banned
Loyal Member
Jan 15, 2017
Can you announce the download address in advance? I am a Chinese player. I hope to download it soon, because we need to use VPN to download this game. I hope you can prepare early.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
Originally Posted by azzee Is there gonna be ranking system ? Really love the idea of it just to know if I’m leading the board or not and get my ass back to leveling. Cheers
-----------------
Working on this as we speak. Should be implemented onto the server and website if all goes well. We are working on an advanced version that will not just show level ;)

-Apocalypse Team

if I can humbly advise, I wonder if you could make the ranking panel scrolling so it can include even us casuals who never make top 20.

Being able to watch your own progress against some others stimulates your gameplay even if it takes place at #50 or 100 on the chart, what counts is the competing with somebody

often happens I run into somebody who is similar level and even if we don't see each other playing most time, there develops a healthy race, at the end of day I check the chart to see how he is doing, if i was overtaken or not

low levels are offered help by rested exp buff etc., but really the best help is if you make ranking chart include them so at least some of us can use it to challenge ourselves against others of similar level, or even just see some progress in the field of pple playing

including even lower levels on the ranking chart also enables lookup of buddies you haven't seen for years, pple usually reuse char names they had on servers for years, search function helps with that but not necessary

I suppose there still should be some cutoff level if the chart would get bogged down with sheer numbers, typically you have pple make chars like for extra storage of just to peep at server and they don't level them and on big servers that is quite a number, I'd suggest some cutoff level to be included on the ranking chart, depending on server rate, maybe level 22 or thereabouts

or make it include all on server start but later on after the dust settles, make the chart start at some higher level, like 20 or something

deathking

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2011
Gonna be so weird not having shared drops, some salty people getting group items stole incoming 😎

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
distribution will be via patcher

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Are you not concerned about bandwidth / cost to distribute? Also how will this fair for those outside of Europe specifically China who have to use VPN to connect and download.

If you’ve used your entire bandwidth letting people download the game (how many gb is it these days? 4-5?) you’re going to have an extremely sluggish server for the remainder of the month as your host caps your bandwidth speeds.

Jamie

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 29, 2003
United Kingdom
Are you not concerned about bandwidth / cost to distribute? Also how will this fair for those outside of Europe specifically China who have to use VPN to connect and download.

If you’ve used your entire bandwidth letting people download the game (how many gb is it these days? 4-5?) you’re going to have an extremely sluggish server for the remainder of the month as your host caps your bandwidth speeds.

What?

Most servers have unlimited bandwidth.

Secondly it'll probably be on the web server not the game server.

deathking

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2011
Only thing I dislike about mir 2 is the hideous interface, any chance of a smaller optionalcto change one?

Reactions: zedina

DarkSacred

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
May 13, 2014
What?

Most servers have unlimited bandwidth.

Secondly it'll probably be on the web server not the game server.

Will see what happens come launch, I can’t imagine I’ll be getting 20 Mb download speeds when theirs 300++ other people also trying to download the files at the same time. But here’s hoping 🤞

deathking

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 16, 2011
Will see what happens come launch, I can’t imagine I’ll be getting 20 Mb download speeds when theirs 300++ other people also trying to download the files at the same time. But here’s hoping 爛
Sure I read somewhere patcher will be available no later than today, so you got like 3 days to download

re5p3ct

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 21, 2003
my crib
Wow, some good work :) I look forward to trying this, is the download and register available now?

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Wow, some good work :) I look forward to trying this, is the download and register available now?

Not yet.. but expected today at some point :)

Apoc have their own forum section now, probably best place to watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.