Avoid (Custom Medium Server) Inferno Mir 2

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
Important
PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE FOLLOWING UNCONFIRMED REPORTS OF;

Corruption
Dodgy Client Packets (Resolved)

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
So we've gone from it simply being a matter of the owners reputation being a bit fishy, and known for dealing under the table and cash grabbing, to outright allowing threads that have potential hacking concerns and advice to run the clients in VMs...

So you are now just condoning these clients to exist in this forum to spread like fire...rather than just deleting them? Are you guys really sticking to your guns this much?

Just when I thought it couldn't get more ridiculous. I strongly suggest you change your approach before the forum just becomes a place no one wants to visit. There is always some element of trust in these files...if you're just going to blindly allow these to float about and have to make people think twice whether or not to run them...

The files he is using are not the open source crystal.
I downloaded the client myself and couldn’t get any of my anti virus software to flag but have seen reports from other users.

Without the full source code (which a server owner wouldn’t just hand out) I can’t nit comb through the code and check. I can’t guarantee the client will give you or anyone else a virus. No one has reported it to be a virus however some users have reported their software has claimed it to be so.

Without evidence there’s little I can do.
Hence the avoid tag.

Reactions: Valhalla

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
So you are now just condoning these clients - Nope its marked as Avoid?

There is always some element of trust in these files... - Nope its marked as avoid?

f you're just going to blindly allow these to float about - Nope its marked as avoid + we only allow them as people do want to play them. I reckon if you did a vote among the mod community we would probably vote to remove / prevent any avoid from advertising as it just leads to more drama. We don't go with that approach as our job is to serve the whole community and while their is a portion that wants to play server even with avoid then our job to go "Here it is here but we strongly recommend you don't. Up to you you though as your a big boy/girl go in at your own risk"

Reactions: Valhalla

Hurricane

LOM2
Loyal Member
Oct 25, 2018
The fact your lieing about a player is silly. saying kesha was cheating is a bold lie. your loggs are false. youve just copied alice or cnwalkers logs and replaced it with kesha you absolute joke.

hence 10 people have left cause of your corruption speaks a thousand words. and people that wasnt even in our guild cause they just know.

christ you have a player game gold and ingame gold cause a skill wasnt working lmfao.

show us your m2 logs off all actions that night then please.
End of the day Inferno your a silly man. whos been paid off. I hope to god. no1 else joins your corrupt server you weasel
There is no need to lie dude, We are in 2022 and there are logs confirming this, I will send them to Moderator to verify that.

also there's people was stand on sz at this time and confirmed that ban and vive wasn't on sz when you entered to em and you still accuse me rofl.

end of day your time is over here and you have caughted cheating and the logs will be sent to moderator to give you Known cheater and let every one that you are cheaters , cya.

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
some users have reported their software has claimed it to be so.

Been like that with 'official' Crystal files. Beats me why all these so tough bozos around this game run antivirus protection, sissies

Sitchico

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 19, 2009
There is no need to lie dude, We are in 2022 and there are logs confirming this, I will send them to Moderator to verify that.

also there's people was stand on sz at this time and confirmed that ban and vive wasn't on sz when you entered to em and you still accuse me rofl.

end of day your time is over here and you have caughted cheating and the logs will be sent to moderator to give you Known cheater and let every one that you are cheaters , cya.
I was in safe zone when Kesha left for EM and I can confirm both BAN and VIVE were in town.

I’ve been banned from the server for calling you out of the corruption and then I recalled my payments AFTER I found out you were turning a blind eye for No Mercy guild. I have never recalled payments from a server apart from you because you are blatantly lying to everyone.

The logs you provided for Kesha are false. I have my own server and I know what the logs show. You have blatantly copied Alice or CNWalkers logs and have changed the name. You don’t understand the common punctuality so this is one of the reasons how you’ve been caught out. An end of a sentence is a ‘.’ Not a ‘,’

Stop trying to get people to join the server when we have clear evidence of you giving liberties to the 3 princes.

I’m done with your shitty server but thanks for the ban kid.

For everyone wondering the reason for my ban is as follows:

“Dirty words towards gm and recalling payments”
FYBhcQ4.jpg

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
The files he is using are not the open source crystal.
I downloaded the client myself and couldn’t get any of my anti virus software to flag but have seen reports from other users.

Without the full source code (which a server owner wouldn’t just hand out) I can’t nit comb through the code and check. I can’t guarantee the client will give you or anyone else a virus. No one has reported it to be a virus however some users have reported their software has claimed it to be so.

Without evidence there’s little I can do.
Hence the avoid tag.

It being an alternate source is kind of my point.

No ones going to castrate you for having a bit of common sense...you combed it enough to find a backdoor. That tells me it was either really obvious or they are common throughout.

Virus alerts are a given, almost every client flags up...knowing that creates that element of risk when we download them...What if this source gets passed along to other shady people? While letting people still connect of their own accord shows if these clients are effective, and increases the likelihood they get bought and passed around to others.

Deleting the posts and the links then stops people connecting, period, and stops any reasons to believe these sketchy clients achieve anything worth passing around.

Your stringency and calls for purity would be more palatable if you put up a server and showed us how it is done, not getting similar negative disputes from your players.

You make it sound like creating a server is difficult...it's not. If it was, nobody here would do them as there is very little passion left in these servers.

If I wanted to add onto the problem, I could create a thread and launch a server within 24 hours. If you like, I can prove it to you? I can open the doors for a day.

The ones with actual effort...of course would take a long time to replicate. But the majority? 24 hour jobs maximum, and I don't even have a set of server files downloaded.

Last edited:

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
You make it sound like creating a server is difficult...it's not. If it was, nobody here would do them as there is very little passion left in these servers.

You sound like one of those critics who accused book writers irl of writing cheap potboilers to make fast buck and some tried to demonstrate how easy is it is to do that and flopped badly.

All I can say is that the more I know about files (dabble with source code and maps mostly), the less I am critical of some shortcomings I come across when playing a server.

Lets say you have server up and running, just seeing the list of almost daily adjustments made to this particular server makes it clear it is pretty well almost full time job or at minimum all spare time if you got some rl job or stuff to do and run the server on side. Or else you have to know quite well what you're doing so it doesn't take you that much time. I almost feel like saying, if this is how you make money running a cash cow server, my hat off to you LOL

And I don't even take into acct the barrage from all sides (justified or not), from mods and now the disgruntled near top players when accusations are flung about, I wouldn't have the stomach to make money this way. This guy must be made of silicon or be very mature to take all this and keep up with it or else make shetloads of money from this to make it worth it.

Reactions: Hurricane

Hurricane

LOM2
Loyal Member
Oct 25, 2018
I was in safe zone when Kesha left for EM and I can confirm both BAN and VIVE were in town.

I’ve been banned from the server for calling you out of the corruption and then I recalled my payments AFTER I found out you were turning a blind eye for No Mercy guild. I have never recalled payments from a server apart from you because you are blatantly lying to everyone.

The logs you provided for Kesha are false. I have my own server and I know what the logs show. You have blatantly copied Alice or CNWalkers logs and have changed the name. You don’t understand the common punctuality so this is one of the reasons how you’ve been caught out. An end of a sentence is a ‘.’ Not a ‘,’

Stop trying to get people to join the server when we have clear evidence of you giving liberties to the 3 princes.

I’m done with your shitty server but thanks for the ban kid.

For everyone wondering the reason for my ban is as follows:

“Dirty words towards gm and recalling payments”
FYBhcQ4.jpg
you one of his friends for sure u gonna confirm false lol, here's a confirm from normal player playing our server and said what he saw.
Untitled1.png

you were muted on discord for being a dickhead and saying dirty words and banned ingame too for same reason and recalling payments, there's no other reason.

I'm not that sily to changing Alice's name or cnwalker and add kesha it's not a line like you think, he's been caught in his own logs and there are over a thousand lines there saying he's cheated i've sent the log for the Moderator and he gonna check it and see who's caught.

In fact, you do not have any clear evidence against me and you have failed in all your attempts, and you will not succeed in that because I am not doing anything wrong or under the table.

Glad you're spreading your scandal and showing people why you're taking Ban.
Do you care to elaborate for anyone playing your server?

@Vardaaa
this was made from EE developers ages ago and this code wasn't completed and not work but i've removed it cuz i don't care for any extra info than the info on my server.

Last edited:

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
You sound like one of those critics who accused book writers irl of writing cheap potboilers to make fast buck and some tried to demonstrate how easy is it is to do that and flopped badly.

All I can say is that the more I know about files (dabble with source code and maps mostly), the less I am critical of some shortcomings I come across when playing a server.

Lets say you have server up and running, just seeing the list of almost daily adjustments made to this particular server makes it clear it is pretty well almost full time job or at minimum all spare time if you got some rl job or stuff to do and run the server on side. Or else you have to know quite well what you're doing so it doesn't take you that much time. I almost feel like saying, if this is how you make money running a cash cow server, my hat off to you LOL

And I don't even take into acct the barrage from all sides (justified or not), from mods and now the disgruntled near top players when accusations are flung about, I wouldn't have the stomach to make money this way. This guy must be made of silicon or be very mature to take all this and keep up with it or else make shetloads of money from this to make it worth it.

Sorry, what has the source code got to do with the volume of cashchow bullsh!t that i'm talking about? Absolutely nothing...

You think these people are editing source code? LOL! Sure...maybe to redirect the gameshops paypal or something.

I already said I wasn't talking about the good ones. Jamie/Sanj and whoever does Zeds server for example, could imagine quite a bit of time to replicate something they've done lol. But the cashcows? Yeh...the majority that are posting, launched and killed in the space of 2-3 months? Yeh...easily replicated within 24 hours.

I'll even create a functioning Discord server to let people barrage each other and i'll have all notifications ignored in the background lol. Not sure which part you think running a cashcow server is meant to be difficult? :D

Reason I don't do it is because:
A) It will suck. Nothing out of the usual garbage.
B) Just adds to the very problem i'm bitching about.
C) I'm not paying for a dedi to prove a point, so it would be slow.

But will posting a server in the Upcoming Section and having it live for only 24 hours cause me to get an Untrusted tag? I like my colour green :D

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
But will posting a server in the Upcoming Section and having it live for only 24 hours cause me to get an Untrusted tag? I like my colour green :D
I put my old Renegade (Heroes Files) server up for like 2 weeks a few year ago and didn't get untrusted ;)

Reactions: Jev

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

There is no point in 'releasing' because if you know up front it will go offline in a week or two, who's gonna invest time on some such experiment, plus how far can you get on the server to evaluate how good a server is.

If Inferno server ended now, three weeks into running, I'd count the time on it well spent. I can recommend it to others to start on it even now. The first 55 levels will get you an interesting new mob/item/maps playing mix, easy from start but it doesn't get too hard, just difficult enough to not feel way too easy, more or less to about level 50+ which is about one to two weeks time. I'd even class it as a high rate server up to this point, items and exp keep rolling in making the progress interesting, quests are worth doing even if not too imaginative (but that's how it is on just about any server).

@55 level items start to be hard to get which means some struggle leveling on maps that give you decent exp/mob. I talk about solo playing war class, might be easier for tao or wiz. Still there is a definite cutoff @lev55 for relatively easy items drops for any class except that I get two or three wiz/tao items for every war one or even worse ratio, go figure.

@65+, I still have some lev55 items and was able to continue to this level only because I broke down and bought key items from TM (arm/weapon). If I wanted to play it pure and get all from hunting, I'd have quit by now. At this point if you don't buy from GS for rlcash (shoulder pads, prem cave passes and the likes), you either need to be guilded which means making bossing easier in team playing, also you get free hand-me-down items from guild m8s and I suppose you can continue without opening your valet.

GS has option for gold buying but that would bankrupt all except geeks, no lifers. BTW GM thinks all players are such geeks, pulling in some 10-16 mill daily (at about my level and up), even from mining... my foot. I don't keep tabs on it but I probably get 1 to 2 mills per day (not counting sales in TM) without making it a special point to get subs/bosses.

I play most or maybe all of these smaller servers (one or two in past also had avoid label) and this one definitely doesn't feel like any I played before, in fact they all were quite different experience this one including. No point in being too idealistic about this. Servers that took ages to put together with new features coded in didn't entertain me any more than those smaller ones that 'only' had different mob/item/map mix.

Don't want to put damper on Sanjian's and similar efforts but it gets lost on me in practical terms, playing his servers in past (the server with card game was like playing plain euro, I quit at lev26 I think LOL).. Many new coded features would better fit mir3 play style IMO. Chalace's vision also seemed more like fitting for mir3. Like I don't give a hoot about some nobility points (I once opened some such panel by accident on Utopia), just gimme a nice mob mix on a nice map with the sound loud up and start CHM to make music for my ears, maybe some added stat item will drop too, that's what mir2 is about.

Reactions: Cherophobia

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015

Were not that bad are we? lol

No we won't untrust you for putting a server up for 24 hours as you have been honest and saying your doing it for 24 hours.

Will we bother approving your ad / making sure you have a discussion page and putting your server on Server List page? hmm probably not since it will be gone the next day. Prob best to just make an up and coming server post and keep it there.

Untrustworthy we have used for a few different things but your mainly looking at cheating. We have used it for people aiding banned users to host servers ect also.

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
There is no point in 'releasing' because if you know up front it will go offline in a week or two, who's gonna invest time on some such experiment, plus how far can you get on the server to evaluate how good a server is.

Your response is precisely why people do it and keep doing it. I can literally download some server files, add some items, change some names, place some extra all in one NPCs and fleece people for money...and your only gripe is with me opening it for only 24 hours? You see nothing wrong with the fact that I publish a server with only 24 hours of work, to achieve the same level of standard as most of the adverts that get posted? (Which is a very, VERY low standard).

Your reason for the lack of time investment should be the fact I yoinked and edited a few items and NPCs with minimal effort, and post it 5 times a year, each time adding another NPC or set of items...not the fact i'm opening the doors for 24 hours to prove a point lol.

This forum is lost :D lol

Just FYI, people posting these so called servers do in fact know it's going offline in a month or 2...that is why they do it. Does that knowledge stop you playing them now?