[Custom] Sapphire Server - 8th July 2022 - 18:00 UTC

• Remember! Never use the same account usernames and password across different servers!
smoochy boys on tour

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
For the record, official Korean M2 is riddled with bots. One or two gold sellers shouting too.
They either can't or don't bother to stop them.

ventus

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Oct 17, 2013
You can buy all gg stuff with gold within first week, you dont even have to buy any gg.

This is the least pay to win server probably out right now lol

Very fun to play server, out of the box.

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    86 KB · Views: 31
  • Untitled2.png
    Untitled2.png
    51.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

Shady

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 5, 2004
I spent a ton of time in early beta and the main reasons I didn't play were:

1. The "new" maps are basically all the same layout just squares with maybe 1-2 objects or walls slapped in the middle and the caves mainly only have 2 floors. There is no dungeon feeling to these maps it feels like they have no life to them. I believe the reason he did this was that many people wanted new maps rather than the same old maps but unfortunately Jamie isn't a map maker and this has shown in these maps he has created as they just have no life to them and feel really basic.

2. Lack of skills is another thing each class only has 8 skills and many-core skills which makes the class being removed like ice storm for wiz which was only added recently even though it was mentioned countless times in the beta.

3. No bag weight is another issue, what happened to the war of attrition in PVP? you are deep into BDD with the small number of pots you have left after being destroyed by the archers along the way and you are fighting somebody and it's basically who has can survive the longest with the pots they have left? but no on here you can carry as much as you can afford. (there is a downside of you dropping all those pots if you die but it still defeats the point)

4. No mana - similar to above there is no risk of running out of mana

5. BDD - I think one of the only original maps remaining is BDD and even that was gutted having the life and soul drained out of it making it into some short map you can rt through in no time.

6. Boss drops - I'm not sure if this has been changed recently or not but the boss drops were really unsatisfying, you would often kill a boss and it would drop maybe 4-5 items total (3 potions and a sun potion and maybe a book or something) What happened to those big popping bosses that have 3x3 loot with gold, etc scattered along the floor? I understand he has gold going directly into the bag now but unfortunately it takes away from the feeling you used to get when you would see those big 3x3 drops. I believe a server recently added an item called "gold piles" just to re-create that feeling but still have gold go directly to bag for normal mobs. The boss would drop maybe 15x 10k gold piles within the drop as well.

7. The need to simplify the game. I noticed in beta there seemed to be an obsession with getting rid of as much as possible whether it was skills, map floors, cutting down maps, etc and I think it has shown and taken the soul of the game.

There is other issues too which I cant think about of the top of my head but I'm sure they will come to be at some point.

I'm sure some of you will agree/disagree with certain points but we can all agree there are reasons the user count is so low for such a talented coder like Jamie. Usually, he would be able to pull much larger numbers but people obviously logged out and didn't log back in for a reason and I suspect a few of the points above may be some of them.

Last edited:

Ardbeg

Legend
Legendary
Aug 8, 2004
Southern England
Took some in game help for me to get flame disruptor at lvl 9 lol.
Press S !
Has a typical Jamie feel about it. Good noob fun so far lol.

Deathbringer

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 19, 2005
Devon, UK
I spent a ton of time in early beta and the main reasons I didn't play were:

1. The "new" maps are basically all the same layout just squares with maybe 1-2 objects or walls slapped in the middle and the caves mainly only have 2 floors. There is no dungeon feeling to these maps it feels like they have no life to them. I believe the reason he did this was that many people wanted new maps rather than the same old maps but unfortunately Jamie isn't a map maker and this has shown in these maps he has created as they just have no life to them and feel really basic.

2. Lack of skills is another thing each class only has 8 skills and many-core skills which makes the class being removed like ice storm for wiz which was only added recently even though it was mentioned countless times in the beta.

3. No bag weight is another issue, what happened to the war of attrition in PVP? you are deep into BDD with the small number of pots you have left after being destroyed by the archers along the way and you are fighting somebody and it's basically who has can survive the longest with the pots they have left? but no on here you can carry as much as you can afford. (there is a downside of you dropping all those pots if you die but it still defeats the point)

4. No mana - similar to above there is no risk of running out of mana

5. BDD - I think one of the only original maps remaining is BDD and even that was gutted having the life and soul drained out of it making it into some short map you can rt through in no time.

6. Boss drops - I'm not sure if this has been changed recently or not but the boss drops were really unsatisfying, you would often kill a boss and it would drop maybe 4-5 items total (3 potions and a sun potion and maybe a book or something) What happened to those big popping bosses that have 3x3 loot with gold, etc scattered along the floor? I understand he has gold going directly into the bag now but unfortunately it takes away from the feeling you used to get when you would see those big 3x3 drops. I believe a server recently added an item called "gold piles" just to re-create that feeling but still have gold go directly to bag for normal mobs. The boss would drop maybe 15x 10k gold piles within the drop as well.

7. The need to simplify the game. I noticed in beta there seemed to be an obsession with getting rid of as much as possible whether it was skills, map floors, cutting down maps, etc and I think it has shown and taken the soul of the game.

There is other issues too which I cant think about of the top of my head but I'm sure they will come to be at some point.

I'm sure some of you will agree/disagree with certain points but we can all agree there are reasons the user count is so low for such a talented coder like Jamie. Usually, he would be able to pull much larger numbers but people obviously logged out and didn't log back in for a reason and I suspect a few of the points above may be some of them.
A lot of what you are saying is your rendition of how you feel Mir should be from a nostalgia point of view and there’s a lot of other people that would agree with you on all of the above points.

However Jamie and other content creators put a good amount of time into mixing it up for people to enjoy a different experience whilst still trying to keep aspects of the original game alive in an ever declining playerbase.

One thing I will say to anyone who is ever negative about other peoples servers they have put time into is not to judge it if it doesn’t fit your play style. How would you feel about public criticism if this was your server that you thought you were doing a good job with?

Unless Wemade for some reason think it’s a good idea to release euro again or someone makes a carbon copy of it you’ll never be satisfied. That’s not Jamie’s fault!

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013
One thing I will say to anyone who is ever negative about other peoples servers they have put time into is not to judge it if it doesn’t fit your play style. How would you feel about public criticism if this was your server that you thought you were doing a good job with?

Unless Wemade for some reason think it’s a good idea to release euro again or someone makes a carbon copy of it you’ll never be satisfied. That’s not Jamie’s fault!

When it is reasoned criticism and even includes the extent of playing experience of the server (so pple can judge the scope of criticism), it is OK to criticize. Otherwise you will either have deaf silence (while your server is middling or shrinking) or your work get put down without telling what's wrong, which both are dispiriting.
Kowtow posts on the other hand have no value and are not helping the spirits of server maker either way, positively or negatively.

You countered with reasoned opposite view and that is how negative posts should be countered, not by telling pple to not post unless they have something good to say.

YOSHIMOTO

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 10, 2014
Nice server this and I wish it the best of luck, however some observations I've made, which are the reason I couldn't get into the server are:

1. Wiz seems very lack luster at the lower leveling. Leveling after being in insect cave is generally pretty rough going due to mob speed and flinch. You can barely get away from black maggots due to the speed and flinch.
  2. PvP wiz feels weak in the early stages (ignoring the Xele BC video, which was nerfed).
  3. Classes feel like your only using 2 or 3 skills.
  4. First floors on caves should really be range mob free. Have range mobs deeper into caves to allow for ease of leveling, which is traditional to a lot of previous servers. Again flinch from archers and darks just feels awful on wiz when luring.
  5. Books seem far too rare. I've had one book drop, which wasn't from any normal cave but the leveling caves. Funny enough the book dropped on my level 10 alt. Yet to experience what a level 1 spell is like...
  6. I really miss e-shock and taming mobs as a wiz.
  7. Not having T-storm seems like a big blow for any wiz that wants to level with a fellow wiz.
  8. No TU is sad times...
  9. I didn't roll a tao as for me pets are one of the main reasons to roll tao. Not having skele/shinsu just isn't a tao for me.
  10. Server seems to be dominated by either sins or taos.
  11. Starter zone needed to be more 'newbie' friendly due to the lack of PK points. I witnessed loads of level 30+ people 1 hitting low levels.
  12. Please add archer :p
As a positive I loved some of the new systems introduced and liked the fresh feel to a lot of the caves.

Reactions: ventus and Martyn