DataForce really needs a reboot

GilgaMesh

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Mar 12, 2004
St Helens
Check this out from his sig

uptime.png

I'd hate to imagine what thats running like.

Hazuki

VIP
VIP
Apr 14, 2004
United Kingdom
I had a firend who had one running 363 days, he wernt impressed his mom unpluged the server to put the hover in, OWNED!!!

Floyd

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 2, 2004
yer, thats OWNED on a whole new level...

...not

Insane

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Sep 18, 2003
The Matrix!!
GilgaMesh said:
Check this out from his sig
I'd hate to imagine what thats running like.

If its a linux server i imagine it wont even be flinching!!!

The last company i worked for, there webserver hadnt been rebooted for almost 2 years, and the only reason they did that was to move from Red-Hat Linux to Fedora Linux!!!

I know somebody whos had a personal Linux box running at home without reboot since he installed Red-Hat Linux 5, and anyone with techy knowledge will know when that was released!!!

NeoTrunks

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Jul 30, 2004
lolz at 363 days
poor guy i think he wanted to break a world record :P

Dataforce

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Apr 15, 2003
its my internet gateway/email server/web server/dhcp server etc, its been running for over 300 days before, and i've had another server at 400 days - as they are linux, they run fine :P

Server 2003 copes well with long uptime aswell.

My XP Pro workstation has been up for 9 weeks once without flinching (then i had to shut it down at easter to take it to i23 :'( )
XP Pro copes better with long uptime than people may think, but linux is still the king \o/

KurtBMX said:
I had a firend who had one running 363 days, he wernt impressed his mom unpluged the server to put the hover in, OWNED!!!
Heh, my mum used to just pull the plug outta the back of this machine when she saw it on with me not there >.< Then i moved it and told her to stop, so she did, now sjhe just moans about electricity usage all the time.

The actual plugs are well hidden anyways \o/ (behind desk under mess of cables) and the server is on a UPS aswell so even if she did pull it out somehow, it would beep at her and she'd wonder wtf she did, and plug it back in >:E

Ragnar

Hallowed be thy name
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 20, 2004
Dataforce said:
its my internet gateway/email server/web server/dhcp server etc, its been running for over 300 days before, and i've had another server at 400 days - as they are linux, they run fine :P

Server 2003 copes well with long uptime aswell.

My XP Pro workstation has been up for 9 weeks once without flinching (then i had to shut it down at easter to take it to i23 :'( )
XP Pro copes better with long uptime than people may think, but linux is still the king \o/

Heh, my mum used to just pull the plug outta the back of this machine when she saw it on with me not there >.< Then i moved it and told her to stop, so she did, now sjhe just moans about electricity usage all the time.

The actual plugs are well hidden anyways \o/ (behind desk under mess of cables) and the server is on a UPS aswell so even if she did pull it out somehow, it would beep at her and she'd wonder wtf she did, and plug it back in >:E
Lol :P

kud125

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Aug 18, 2004
bloomin eck rather complicated red hat blue hat pink hat all rather daunting :eek:

konnichiwa

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 26, 2003
unfortunalty my computers cannot have that much uptime, i can only afford electricity alternate years, which is why you see me at odd times on the internet!