DDOS attack report of Elite & Alliance Mir 2

smoochy boys on tour

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
We received reports of DDOS attacks being targeted at both servers starting from the early hours of the 11/11/22 to current (13/11/22)

After investigating with both server owners it’s clear to us now that the attacks on both servers originated from the same person.

At the current time the attacker has not been identified, however the attacker has used the same host for all the attacks, we are now in communication with the host to obtain the details of who owned the host at the time of the attacks.

For transparency: At the time we DO NOT believe these attacks came from either server owner but a third party.

This thread will be updated when more information comes in.

Thank you and please bare with both server owners, they are trying their best to get things back to normal.

Comments on this post will be heavily moderated.

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
We received reports of DDOS attacks being targeted at both servers starting from the early hours of the 11/12/22 to current (13/12/22)

After investigating with both server owners it’s clear to us now that the attacks on both servers originated from the same person.

At the current time the attacker has not been identified, however the attacker has used the same host for all the attacks, we are now in communication with the host to obtain the details of who owned the host at the time of the attacks.

For transparency: At the time we DO NOT believe these attacks came from either server owner but a third party.

This thread will be updated when more information comes in.

Thank you and please bare with both server owners, they are trying their best to get things back to normal.
the DDOS attacks took place 1 month in the future? jesus i didnt know they invented time travel yet ;)
also, good luck getting the host to release personally identifiable information about the attacker.

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
the DDOS attacks took place 1 month in the future? jesus i didnt know they invented time travel yet ;)
also, good luck getting the host to release personally identifiable information about the attacker.
Edited the post as I got the month wrong 😘

We are trying to obtain ANY identifiable information.

Reactions: Sanjian

Valhalla

Nexus Mir Developer
Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Edited the post as I got the month wrong 😘

We are trying to obtain ANY identifiable information.
ISP's/datacenters wont give out information to anyone, hell most wont even give someone their own information let alone give a shred to someone else. They'll be breaking multiple rules of GDPR if they did

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
ISP's/datacenters wont give out information to anyone, hell most wont even give someone their own information let alone give a shred to someone else. They'll be breaking multiple rules of GDPR if they did
Yea the rules are strict but if we don’t try then what sort of example is that.

BlackWizz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2017
maybe for the owners....... to check his code because that person he got someting wich attack ur error from client if u have missed a break or something in ur source double ; ; Iceman source have something like that double ; ; and some skill missing break at the end Elite copy alot from iceman source and 3gena using old EE files .... when he attack my server thats was the problem on a skill missed break.... after i fix that break he can`t put down my server .....

EDIT: that person he don`t do nothing special just he login on the server and in the next 5 sec he crush your server .......

EDIT 2 : Why the other crystal files he don`t have problem... because is not modified and is classic nothing changed nothing error...

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
maybe for the owners....... to check his code because that person he got someting wich attack ur error from client if u have missed a break or something in ur source double ; ; Iceman source have something like that double ; ; and some skill missing break at the end Elite copy alot from iceman source and 3gena using old EE files .... when he attack my server thats was the problem on a skill missed break.... after i fix that break he can`t put down my server .....
Did you actually read my report?

Breezer

Mr Mañana
Legendary
Jul 16, 2004

EDIT: that person he don`t do nothing special just he login on the server and in the next 5 sec he crush your server .......

EDIT 2 : Why the other crystal files he don`t have problem... because is not modified and is classic nothing changed nothing error...

Source wouldn't compile with a missing break or double ;; you ******* spaz!!!

what an absolute carrot, how are you even able to turn on a PC? scary stuff.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

What The Hell Just Happened Reaction GIF

BlackWizz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2017
Source wouldn't compile with a missing break or double ;; you ******* spaz!!!

what an absolute carrot, how are you even able to turn on a PC? scary stuff.
TimeLimit = reader.ReadInt32("Buff-" + i.ToString(), "TimeLimit", 0); ;
int damage = MobCaster.GetAttackPower(MinMC, MaxMC); ;

from iceman source and is more
and some skills working without break;

You are the boss;)

Lose

Banned
Banned
Aug 13, 2020

You are the boss;)
Crystal doesn't work with stats like that? (MinMC, MaxMC) << That wouldn't work surely on Crystal [Stats].

thedeath

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Mar 26, 2003

You are the boss;)

fyi: the double ; doesnt matter, you can add as many of those as you want it'll just be the same as you pressing enter to make a blank line.
as for break missing: if it's inside a switch then it would cause the compiler to throw an error, however if it's inside a loop then it would compile just fine and potentially cause problems

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
fyi: the double ; doesnt matter, you can add as many of those as you want it'll just be the same as you pressing enter to make a blank line.
as for break missing: if it's inside a switch then it would cause the compiler to throw an error, however if it's inside a loop then it would compile just fine and potentially cause problems
Perfect explanation, maybe too complex considering he thinks a blank space in the code can magically ddos two servers.

BlackWizz

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2017
Perfect explanation, maybe too complex considering he thinks a blank space in the code can magically ddos two servers.
Sorry i try to help but to many idi.. here
GL try to fix his server again down .....

who doing this to this servers he doing good:))) i enjoy this:)))

Jev

ғᴜᴄᴋɪɴɢ ᴊᴇᴠ
Staff member
May 16, 2017
Worthing, West Sussex
who doing this to this servers he doing good:))) i enjoy this:)))
Very brave statement, it’s not hard to ddos and dosent make anyone a “hacker man”, a child could do it.
Sorry i try to help but to many idi.. here
GL try to fix his server again down .....
You can’t really fix a ddos, theyres nothing to be fixed. Server owners are or have already changed to a new host with ddos protection.

You really are stupid 😂 it’s actually tragic.

On a serious note, Public warning here. Your message I quoted at the top won’t be tolerated.
It’s not the attitude or behaviour anyone wants in the community or on this website.
Basically, pack it in or get banned.
I don’t mind 🤷🏼‍♂️

Damian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
Malicious Competitors – Malicious competitors looking to take a business out of operation are another possible reason for DDoS attacks to take place. By taking an enterprise’s network down a competitor can attempt to steal your customers away from you.

This is a small mir community it's not hard to guess where the culprit is coming from and why.

Reactions: 3gena

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
No wonder if its Valkyrie as he has a history of using modified mir clients.

a3dam

Programmer
Dedicated Member
Aug 27, 2012
Egypt
I think the solution is there
Anti DDoS for VPS

Last edited:

Damian

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Ravagers
Game Master
Jun 13, 2003
*Deleted by moderator*
That's a bit unfair really, his servers are popular and people enjoy playing them despite the negativity, this community thrives because people like 3g host servers. It's down to the players if and how much they would like to donate, all servers have donation or game shop. I'm going to stop derailing the thread 😊