Dead section?

Join Discord

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Do people no longer needs maps, or have people given up on asking. I ask because I'm bored and looking to finish off the maps I never made. The server I wanted to make will probably never happen due to uni, and better things to do during my summer hols.

I may do requests as well, I would love to make some Mir 3 maps that work on heroes files I believe?, but someone would need to provide the correct mapmaker program as the one I have is too buggy.

If it's just Mir 2 maps, then that's fine. I'd rather finish mine and release them first before starting new requests, but if nobody wants maps then, I won't bother. Need something to pass the time and map making was some what enjoyable!

Ilsta

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Feb 20, 2012
More than welcome to make me a province map with lots of cave entrances and a nice town (bit like 4h bw) but don't want to copy that or if you have something like this almost complete ? i'm using the ruby files.

Koriban

Addict
Legendary
Loyal Member
Aug 18, 2006
Brighton
Hmm provinces aren't my strong point and I'm not working on one atm. I may, however, give it a little go, but I usually dislike provinces as they are hard to get "right", and I feel they don't have as much impact (people just stand in sz/pk then use a tele stone to teleport to places) on the game itself, where as caves you can have mazes, different routes, long routes, and can make them look pretty good most of the time.

Cerci

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jul 6, 2004
Id love some new maps . im in the middle of creating a 2.3 server and im in need of new caves, so anything and everything if you have it please

SmavidDavid

Playing Legend of Mir 5
Supporter
Legendary
Jun 13, 2006
Worthing, West Sussex
It's cause nobody will make a decent map edit. I would myself, but im working full time and gardening at weekends.

We're still on the 1.9 equivalent, possibly 1.4! of map edits. They don't support the file sizes past 99999or 9999 in the .wils. They don't read past wil 14 or something!