Request Dedi and VPS servers recommendation

FirEStorm

Mir Atlaints
Veteran
Aug 29, 2011
CaiRo-EGYPT
dear,

can some one recommend what is the server should be in crystal to avoid game lag
and i would ask if we add more cores to cpu it avoid lag or some thing else and cores make effect to game lag?
thanks for your advice

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
If it’s for crystal files with no changes to the spawning procedures you’ll be best with a dedi rather than a vps.
I’d recommend 4GB+ RAM, 4+ threads 2~3Ghz cpu.
With changes to the spawns you could run the files on a vps but I still wouldn’t recommend it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
Problem with VPS is the single threaded performance is usually very poor, and the main server loop would suffer immensely which would cause high cycle delay.

a VPS with 2 dedicated CPU would be 100x better than a VPS with 32 shared cores.

If you intend to use these files for a public server and wish for it to be lag free with a decent amount of mobs & players, then really you need a dedi.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
OVH is not the budget provider it used to be. Hetzner is very good too now, better if you don't need loads of IPs.

https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-ex

The EX42-NVME is almost half the price of OVH.
OVH is not the budget provider it used to be. Hetzner is very good too now, better if you don't need loads of IPs.

https://www.hetzner.com/dedicated-rootserver/matrix-ex

The EX42-NVME is almost half the price of OVH.
hetzner is good buit there website is so ****...

tried us ing there auctions and nothing works, never able to check out, just tried the server you linked and it doesn't work haha

probably, why I never mentioned it!

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
OVH has a bad ticketing system, however i like so far how the host works (its a dedi).

Idk i think in 2-3weeks i had only 1 problem with is and it was small drops on ethernet and it took only 1 hour.

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
yeah ovh is good as long as you don't need support lol

I've had a VPS with them since 2014, so yonks! I use it to host a teamspeak server... uptimes fairly good.. :LOL: