Request DEDI

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Looking to purchase a relatively decent DEDI this week, being my first server id really appreciate some advice on this. Good companies to go with? DDOS protection is it needed? Prices etc. Any experience passed on greatly welcomed.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Looking to purchase a relatively decent DEDI this week, being my first server id really appreciate some advice on this. Good companies to go with? DDOS protection is it needed? Prices etc. Any experience passed on greatly welcomed.

You could run it on a VPS depending on the user count and the spawns, you can easily get away with a £25~£50 VPS which includes the windows license as I'm assuming your looking for a Windows host, ideally you're looking for 4c/4t+ 3.0ghz CPU, 4GB+ RAM & 100GB+ SSD.

DDOS is questionable, I'd hope nobody would be as cruel to ddos your server.. but over the years I've learnt not to underestimate people in this community.

Upvote 0

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Like Pete said, It does depend on the expected UC.

I have a dedi that isnt too expensive (as I can get the microsoft licensing for free) runs on 4c/8t 256GBSSD 8GB Ram. - TPR ran from this at its peak.
My main issue was storage capacity (as we logged that much stuff, log files would fill the server up haha)

EDIT:
I think the main thing other than the c/t count would be network limitations (if any) mine didn't have any network restrictions on a Gb line

Last edited:
Reactions: Hercules
Upvote 0

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Ddos protection will be crucial.

Reason I asked is because I see a few posts not so long ago on here where ppl were being attacked. Turns out they come with DDOS protection so all good 👌🏻

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i would NOT get a VPS, just from personal experience

judging by your content you have alot of spawns mobs and maps

i use SoYouStart (a cheaper alternative to OVH) i would strongly recomment a dedicated server from either of those

Reactions: Tai and Hercules
Upvote 0

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Thanks for the help guys. Went with a gaming DEDI with DDOS from SoYouStart. There sorting my Windows and also offer OVH support. Win Win.

Upvote 0