Diablo Immortal

Join Discord

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
Enjoying it so far, got a lvl 26 demon hunter. thinking of rolling a wizard though. Also on Dark Exile server

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
Quite decent for when you are bored and want to spare 30min - 1h on a mobile game :P

deano13

StopMeFast
Golden Oldie
Oct 31, 2004
London, England

any one found playing this **** should be banned from gaming forever

Why? Again if you wanna compete against the top 300 players out of around 50million why does it matter lol? If someone wants to Chuck hundreds if not thousands of pounds at being the top then why not? He’s still got the same RNG at getting 5 star gems then any f2p player? He’s just getting more trash pop then a f2p player? Guess it’s like running a drop rate scroll 🤷🏻‍♂️

JoeDunn

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Jun 16, 2009
Why? Again if you wanna compete against the top 300 players out of around 50million why does it matter lol? If someone wants to Chuck hundreds if not thousands of pounds at being the top then why not? He’s still got the same RNG at getting 5 star gems then any f2p player? He’s just getting more trash pop then a f2p player? Guess it’s like running a drop rate scroll 🤷🏻‍♂️
Dont just dont even try and defend the game just stop.

This is a prime example of an abusive relationship. you have been abused for so long its become normal to you.

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield
I'm on server "The Borderlands"
Barbarian Level36.

I'm enjoying it simply as a spare 20min here and there. Everything I have done so far is solo.
Spent £0 and I doubt I'll spend anything at all.

I enjoy it just as I liked DIablo3 and that's just grinding solo. Doubt I'll join a clan (other than to get achievement for doing so) or do any of the PVP.

Reactions: deano13

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
People need to remember, if you enjoy a game just enjoy it.
The Whales of the game only compete against other whales, if you are F2P just enjoy it and play F2P.

Assuming there is an MMR system, the Whales will quickly go into fighting each other while all the casuals end up fighting against each other in the PvP system.

Also the video above of Asmo, he's taking the piss out of the games P2W aspects by the way
Last I saw he was $600 in.

I am really enjoying it, I've put in about £40? - as it's what I would buy a game for anyway so not arsed, after that I'm just smashing content and having a laugh, if you're easily dragged into purchases and manipulative sale tactics, don't join the game.

Reactions: deano13 and PoPcOrN

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
The real problem with these games is that those "whales" are not the whales you see on things like crypto. They're not people with millions that don't mind about spending on a game. It's usually people with addictions that spend all the money they have or even money they don't have. These games are made to trigger that addiction from as many people as they can. They are not made to be enjoyed.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
The real problem with these games is that those "whales" are not the whales you see on things like crypto. They're not people with millions that don't mind about spending on a game. It's usually people with addictions that spend all the money they have or even money they don't have. These games are made to trigger that addiction from as many people as they can. They are not made to be enjoyed.

Oh yeah I dont agree with their practices, they've invested tons of money in making the game as profitable as humanly possible, but it doesn't take it out of being a very enjoyable game.

If you know you're that was inclined (like my mate is) you just stay clear from the type of game

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
If you know you're that was inclined (like my mate is) you just stay clear from the type of game

But it's not that easy. If it was there would be no addictions.

If some more countries do the same as Belgium and The Netherlands the industry would change this practice.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014

If some more countries do the same as Belgium and The Netherlands the industry would change this practice.
Like I said I get what you're saying but for the people who aren't that way it is still a very enjoyable game.

Because I play the game doesn't mean I support the way they go about their P2W aspects and lootbox system

Skyline

LOMCN Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 26, 2003
Sheffield

Totally agree, something needs to change in this market.
Releasing "free" games with in game purchases was probably the smartest move developers made in terms of their profits. It gives people that chance to play a game and then sucking them into purchasing items. If you had to buy the game then not as many people would even play the game.
Fortnite is a great example. Free game, aimed towards the younger generation giving everyone the ability to play the game. Packed with loads of content you can then buy. Lured the kids in hook, line and sinker.

I'm all for other countries taking the same stance as those you mention. But how do we combat it?
Ban them all together, taking us back to buying games?
Spend caps? Easy ways around this.

I'm a big player of the FIFA games and for anyone familiar with the Ultimate Team mode will know it's notorious for purchasing Fifa points for £££ - You then open "packs" which contain players, but can be any player so you are pretty much gambling without knowing it and also without ay sort of cash return.
I do it, but on a much smaller, sensible scale. I have a mate who will literally spend thousands within the first few weeks of each fifa release. It's bonkers how much EA have made from this mode alone, nevermind people paying 60-70 quid for the game alone.

Hercules

Prime Hunter
Banned
Jun 4, 2018
Asda
Have to agree with others on this one, the options to complete this game later are £80,000 or 10 years F2P (no exaggeration)

I’d prefer to pay £50 and get a chance to complete same as everyone else.

Fusion

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Dec 13, 2013
Ireland
You can buy an advance battle pass, you get rewards when you log in but when you pay the 10 euro you get an extra reward but if you dont log in you dont get the rewards.

you cant make this up, never seen a system like this before, you pay for extra loot but if you dont log in you dont get this loot?

Alecs

SPQR
VIP
Jan 10, 2009
Europa
Like I said I get what you're saying but for the people who aren't that way it is still a very enjoyable game.

Because I play the game doesn't mean I support the way they go about their P2W aspects and lootbox system

I play it too on my way to work on the metro. It makes the trip shorter but at lvl 40 you start feeling the need to donate to push your character up.

Totally agree, something needs to change in this market.
Releasing "free" games with in game purchases was probably the smartest move developers made in terms of their profits. It gives people that chance to play a game and then sucking them into purchasing items. If you had to buy the game then not as many people would even play the game.
Fortnite is a great example. Free game, aimed towards the younger generation giving everyone the ability to play the game. Packed with loads of content you can then buy. Lured the kids in hook, line and sinker.

I'm all for other countries taking the same stance as those you mention. But how do we combat it?
Ban them all together, taking us back to buying games?
Spend caps? Easy ways around this.

I'm a big player of the FIFA games and for anyone familiar with the Ultimate Team mode will know it's notorious for purchasing Fifa points for £££ - You then open "packs" which contain players, but can be any player so you are pretty much gambling without knowing it and also without ay sort of cash return.
I do it, but on a much smaller, sensible scale. I have a mate who will literally spend thousands within the first few weeks of each fifa release. It's bonkers how much EA have made from this mode alone, nevermind people paying 60-70 quid for the game alone.

Treat them like gambling or even better, ban them. The industry will take a step back once they lose millions of potential players.

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Seen a streamer so far donate 11.5k NZD and still not got a 5/5 Gem.

I agree games shouldn't be able to use the practices they do in games like this, however I just as annoyed as they've really smeered the "Diablo" series image.

D4 will bomb due to the rep DImmortals has.

Reactions: ventus