DistantSoulMates Woool

Join Discord

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Have done, and none of my posts were triple prior to this thread. Don't apprecaite being acused of posting nothing but crap as well, you've obviously got a dislike for me and not being biased at all are you?

On topic: Loggedon, 0 usercount a few times so gave up =/

I dont even know who you are, i searched your post and you trippled posted and i seen was a load of crap being posted around the forum by you.

I will clean this topic now, Anonlol you continue to carry on you will be given a infraction.

Topic cleaned.

barney79

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jun 3, 2007
Hey is server up or down, coz ive asked on DSM forums but theres been no reply :( use to play but lost the stuff and got busy with ma life and then things calmed down so i decide to come back and cant get on :(

akira87

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Aug 15, 2005
The new one opened to beta, me and a few others where checking it out but it never fully gathered steam unfortunatly, which is a shame because this game was brilliant, I think if it were to be advertised in with the Mir 2 servers at the moment people would be logging on to try it because as of now there is nothing new to try and no decent servers up, but the majority of people I told about this Have never heard of woool so I'm assuming nobody ever scrolls this far down, or I'm just wrong and they hate it. Would like to thank Mick for the work he did put it got me excited about trying it instead of cynical about logging on to dissapointment.

Its something I hope gets interest at some point, but I think after a time Mick decided to give it a rest because there just weren't enough people logging on to make the work worthwhile, I havn't checked in there in a while but I do not think the situation has changed.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Distant Soul Mates is DOWN. I don't know if its for good or just for a short while.

Mick sent me a PM last month telling me he dose not have enough time with woool anymore (meaning the new version woool) and if he should release what he had done on here. So am guessing the new version he was working on will not come. As for the 1.8 Version, you cannot blame he for taking it down, its been up for 5-6Years now and most of the time no one goes on.

Then goes on to say if my development ever finishes that he could host the server for us, but if you been following the development we just don't have a coder for woool, to code the launcher and somone to unpack the Engine so it's pretty much pointless to even go forward with work on the files until they are done.

lifco

Untrusted Member
Legendary
Golden Oldie
Loyal Member
Jul 6, 2004
UK/Italy
Ive been given the exes to unpack but i asked for them again as dont ask i killed the last set rushing and dint copy/backup

If this set still needs sorting you have my msn/email

Iam bk :)

lif

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Ive been given the exes to unpack but i asked for them again as dont ask i killed the last set rushing and dint copy/backup

If this set still needs sorting you have my msn/email

Iam bk :)

lif

I have no idea whats happening with Micks project tbh, last time i seen him online was when he PMd me a month ago or so. His version was 1.955 mines quite bit highier.

If you get any free time you can try our latests exe's which are posted in the open development topic.

If the engine was to be unpacked then i would finish up the files. Thats a promise :thumbup1:.

howie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Jun 7, 2003
UK
Hi,

Old woool is dead and will now stay off line.

I dont have the time to work on woool nor the inclination given the low user counts.

It was pointless working any longer on the 1.955 files when much newer ones are being worked on.

my offer of hosting anyones working new server still stands, the server pc is sat there doing nothing, shame as it is a 2 x 2.8 xeon.

Exsodius

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Mar 24, 2010
Looks interesting, I can see this being quite enjoyable with a decent player base. Will give it a go when it re-opens and see if others I know want to try it.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Sorry for not posting much news on this new server, me and mick have done alot over the weekend to the files, just fixing things and making the server more stable, still no eta just yet but the server is in a pretty good state at the moment, we are on the stage on just fixing systems and if needed changing things to suit our server.

Not got any screenshots to show, only Omen Monsters which were finished the other night.
omenmonsters.jpg

New WoOOL Cursors
gengduo4.jpg

Will try get some more screenshots and anything new in game posted soon.

Sanity

Legend
Legendary
Nov 7, 2007
Nice new update added tonight.

Shanda released big update last week containing mobs,npcs,maps and more. I got all mobs and items in but maps are not in yet.

Underwater World Patch: (thats what its called, the new map is under water).
monstersa.jpg

These sets are not level rec but stat rec.
newitems.jpg

Note: These updates are for new new version being released soon, not 1.8 server, i should really create a new topic but no upcoming server section so all updates will be posted here and dsm forum.

Skibadee

That Vial skibadee lolol
Banned
Mar 24, 2003
good to see your still working on this sanity, i had started to loose faith when i saw you enjoying yourself on BOI lol.

Good luck to mick and yourself and i look forward to giving woool another bash :)