• No

Votes: 27 20.5%

• Total voters

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
It's not as simple as just wiping and creating a new server. The original release was much different to the current version, there have been massive changes to progression as patches was released to keep new players involved - if they release the server again in its current form, the content will be recycled far too quickly in my opinion.

As @Skyline said this is a massive undertaking - do they have the time / energy or even desire? Unfortunately the Mir community these days tends to drive server owners mad and run away from all the toxicity :p

Reactions: zedina

tamped

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Sep 10, 2014
I'd love a chron v2, but personally, I'd like to see it come updated a bit, like 1920 resolution and whatnot, more content, more questlines, etc.

Edit: Valk's movement smoothing would be awesome too lmao, gotten used to it xD

Piff1

Legend
Dedicated Member
Apr 17, 2015
Africa
Apoclypse wasn't the greatest but like Tai said, archers was pretty fun, massive usercount made it fun, also was BW pk all day everyday, Just the god damn lack of communication between that team and player was disgusting and their work rate for a 3 coder team was laughable. 100% wasn't terrible though just neglected at the time Mir2 needed something the most. Event's was kinda ****ed aswell put like billions of gold into game lol

Also the Mining they knew from DAY 1, you could mine with a Dura 0 pick axe forever, people would sit in mineral mines hitting the same spot 24/7 lol, farming unlimited gems and nothing was done. With 3 coders you think that'd be fixed in 5 minutes right?

Emzie

LOMCN Veteran
Veteran
Loyal Member
Sep 18, 2009
Also the Mining they knew from DAY 1, you could mine with a Dura 0 pick axe forever, people would sit in mineral mines hitting the same spot 24/7 lol, farming unlimited gems and nothing was done. With 3 coders you think that'd be fixed in 5 minutes right?

Did they ever give a reason to why they were so slow at fixing things? I gave up trying to get an answer.

• Haha
Reactions: zedina

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
Did they ever give a reason to why they were so slow at fixing things? I gave up trying to get an answer.

Delphi sucks... Rudimentary tasks in more modern languages are serious effort in Delphi, a complete lack of community interest in the language and not many libraries etc means you almost need to create everything on your own, which means more time, more issues etc. I remember we spent ages on Ruby trying to write a parsing function for quests display, because there was no RegEx, in C# it took about a minute!

• Sad
Reactions: Emzie and zedina

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Delphi sucks... Rudimentary tasks in more modern languages are serious effort in Delphi, a complete lack of community interest in the language and not many libraries etc means you almost need to create everything on your own, which means more time, more issues etc. I remember we spent ages on Ruby trying to write a parsing function for quests display, because there was no RegEx, in C# it took about a minute!

are you not working on ruby anymore?

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
are you not working on ruby anymore?

Ruby and Delphi files in general are too old to maintain now, it is not worth the effort, I thought LCD already released the Ruby sources? I am not doing anything with them and don't plan on. They had their time.

Pete107

🐑[E]dens-[E]lite🐑
Developer
Dec 10, 2003
Todmorden, West Yorkshire
Chronicles never interested me (at least the rate/content didn't) if it's pretty much the same lines as the current I doubt I'd try, I can see why it was so successful and for so long.

Also agreed on Delphi being an awful language (at least for those starting to learn) I found C# much easier to start with.
Even C++ is easier to learn than Delphi for a beginner purely because there's so many guides, tutorials and examples out there for c++.

Reactions: DjDarkBoyZ

daneo1989

I am Ancient.
Staff member
Dec 5, 2005
UK
Ruby and Delphi files in general are too old to maintain now, it is not worth the effort, I thought LCD already released the Ruby sources? I am not doing anything with them and don't plan on. They had their time.
I see, and not sure about the source being released if LCD has I havnt seen it.

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
Little bit off topic... but I've always wondered where the Ruby files originated from? Was they derived from the Phili sources ?

They were not based of Phili they were built from a official Korean test build, we just used Phili for translations.

Chriz

Captain Lurker
VIP
Mar 24, 2003
LOMCN
They were not based of Phili they were built from a official Korean test build, we just used Phili for translations.
Outtest files or more recent leak? If they are a newer official source than public I would be quite interested in getting my hands on them :D

kyndigs

LOMCN Developer
Developer
Feb 19, 2009
Reading, UK
Outtest files or more recent leak? If they are a newer official source than public I would be quite interested in getting my hands on them :D

Folder was Outtest yes, thise were the most up go date in the leaked set of sources.