Does anyone use Xbox game pass?

smoochy boys on tour

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
Hey

I am asking as I saw Quake on Xbox one but to buy it says Xbox game pass needed.

Is Xbox game pass worth it for the download?

Do I have to temporarily get Xbox game pass then get this game?

Quake was one of my biggest passions back in the days of gaming.

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
You only get the game for as long as you're paying for a subscription - so you can't just buy 1 month and then expect to keep playing the games afterwards.

Just look at the game list to know if you think its worth it or not.

zedina

Mir3 Dev
Legendary
Dec 22, 2005
I received one for free one time only on Discord Nitro for 2 months.

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
You only get the game for as long as you're paying for a subscription - so you can't just buy 1 month and then expect to keep playing the games afterwards.

Just look at the game list to know if you think its worth it or not.

Hi

The download code is available to buy on Amazon

Will this mean I still need a subscription to play it?

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Quake download code from Amazon? Probably not then.

Unless you mean Game pass download on Amazon - then it'll just give you a few months for whatever you paid.

Last edited:
Reactions: Omnibus

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
Quake download code from Amazon? Probably not then.

Unless you mean Game pass download on Amazon - then it'll just give your a few months for whatever you paid.
Thanks.

I'll come to a decision on it soon.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
You can Google xbox game pass codes. I pay £3 a month for game pass but you have to remember to cancel subscription every month. Even at £10 a month its absolutely worth it. I'm playing fallout 76 atm and world of tanks

Martyn

Smir.co.uk
Staff member
Administrator
Mar 24, 2003
Kent - UK
I don't use Xbox, but I used to buy a 12-month PS Plus for a lot cheaper than it would have cost, is this something that can be done for Xbox pass also?

Seanofsmeg

Staff member
Apr 6, 2015
Yea I use game pass.

I like it. I pay a little extra to have the pc version as well think it's like £11 a month and gives me Xbox console game pass and pc game pass also tho you can buy them separate.

I share my game pass with the 2 kids (one on Xbox, one on pc). Only issue is if you try to play the same game on same console at same time sharing the same game pass but a all downside to have 3 people having game pass for £11

Is it worth it? Yes and no. Yes if you find games that interest you on it and haven't sub to it before could get £100s worth of games for a £10er. However once you have played them all probably best to unsub until their library refreshes a bit

zivanovic99

Dedicated Member
Dedicated Member
Jan 31, 2015
Yes there is so many games on game pass you can download a d play as you like. Alot of hidden gems in there. Deffo worth it

Slipmatt

Why the f are we still here?
Veteran
May 10, 2009
County Durham
The Xbox game pass is unmatched, honestly, it's brilliant. The PC Game Pass is £7.99 pm but it's worth the money. There's so many great games on there you'll get your money's worth.

Omnibus

LOMCN Member
Dec 9, 2021
You can Google xbox game pass codes. I pay £3 a month for game pass but you have to remember to cancel subscription every month. Even at £10 a month its absolutely worth it. I'm playing fallout 76 atm and world of tanks
I'll be taking this for sure.

Thanks for your help!

Neptune

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Nov 19, 2003
Chester :P
Deffo worth it for me, getting the EA pass with game pass, is also a bonus, if you like ea games (different for everyone I know).

Karl

LOMCN VIP
VIP
Mar 8, 2004
Gloucester
I didn't think anyone with an xbox wouldn't have gamepass :D

I actually paid less than £100 for 3 years worth of gamepass. Make sure you don't have gamepass (so if you currently have you need to wait for it to expire)

Buy 3 years worth of xbox live (you can't stack longer than that) I think i bought the brazilian version and used a VPN to brazil to activate it. Once you have 3 years of xbox live active on your account, pay for 1 month of gamepass ultimate. It will transfer your entire xbox live subscription for 3 years into gamepass ultimate.

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
I didn't think anyone with an xbox wouldn't have gamepass :D

I actually paid less than £100 for 3 years worth of gamepass. Make sure you don't have gamepass (so if you currently have you need to wait for it to expire)

Buy 3 years worth of xbox live (you can't stack longer than that) I think i bought the brazilian version and used a VPN to brazil to activate it. Once you have 3 years of xbox live active on your account, pay for 1 month of gamepass ultimate. It will transfer your entire xbox live subscription for 3 years into gamepass ultimate.
I'm pretty sure microsoft have stopped that working. Could be wrong

PoPcOrN

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 9, 2006
shrewsbury
If that's been fixed, it's only been in the past couple of months, I renewed in about June/July.
I read something a few weeks ago about something like this being fixed. And also the people who did it got the membership back to what should of been. Not entirely sure though as didn't read the whole article