Help Doors blocked doors

Join Discord

xXxLegendxXx

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 26, 2019
Got a few maps which have doors but the doors don't work, i'm wondering if there is some sort of way to enable them or something. e.g i have this map
naga ruins f1 the door is 100% the one in the middle, i have no doubts about it whatsoever. 1622755852842.png

When i go to the door and try and go through it, it won't teleport me to the next floor sadly, and i have to resort to @mapmove to the next floor . i am a gm so i can do this but other players cannot so what are they gonna do lol. if there is a way to fix this plz lemme know :P

Far

tsniffer
Staff member
Developer
May 19, 2003
Have you connected the maps up in the database? Sounds like you're just expecting it to know how to move from one map to another.

Reactions: xXxLegendxXx
Upvote 0

P1anetEarth

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 10, 2018
You have to add the Map moving process into the Map Database

1622756603405.png

How it woks

1 - Click Add
2 - in the game where you would stand to teleport to the next cave put the X and Y coords into the From X and From Y slots
3- Pick the map you want it to then teleport you to in the To Map section
4 - in the game where you want the player to be teleported to x and y coords put that into the To X and To Y

Upvote 0

xXxLegendxXx

Loyal Member
Loyal Member
Apr 26, 2019
You have to add the Map moving process into the Map Database

View attachment 25544

How it woks

1 - Click Add
2 - in the game where you would stand to teleport to the next cave put the X and Y coords into the From X and From Y slots
3- Pick the map you want it to then teleport you to in the To Map section
4 - in the game where you want the player to be teleported to x and y coords put that into the To X and To Y
Thanks i will have a go at that! btw it will probably take me a month to do all the doors for Naga Ruins 5th xD
1622757350786.png

Not to be a lazy bastard or anything but if anyones got the doors connected plz send me code it would be very much appreciated :)
Post automatically merged:

Have you connected the maps up in the database? Sounds like you're just expecting it to know how to move from one map to another.
Yeah sorry i actually was expecting the maps to know eachother, i didn't know there was a map movement till now lol! thanks

Upvote 0

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004
mind, that map move panel should have several coords entries, 2 or three, sometimes even more.

The ones he's looking at should have coords for every single door, same for the previous floor.

People often fail to put effort into "maze" maps, so we all know the routes already lol. It's a good method really of slowing down player progress and adding some form of complexity as oppose to "Just run to the boss room" if you wanted to...I think Sanj's is the only one i've played lately that he bothered to change the ZT routes on.

Although I don't think he put much effort in haha...you could run straight down and make it through eventually...could have been coincidence.

Reactions: LuckyDip
Upvote 0

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
The ones he's looking at should have coords for every single door, same for the previous floor.

People often fail to put effort into "maze" maps, so we all know the routes already lol. It's a good method really of slowing down player progress and adding some form of complexity as oppose to "Just run to the boss room" if you wanted to...I think Sanj's is the only one i've played lately that he bothered to change the ZT routes on.

Although I don't think he put much effort in haha...you could run straight down and make it through eventually...could have been coincidence.
yeah it was bloody lucky, didnt even realise :/

Upvote 0

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005

I spent about 8 hours doing the maze for RedCave on Apoc for it to be cracked in about 45 minutes. Got to say, i totally see why people don't bother making it too complicated xD. I even have the original drawing i made to help me keep track.

Looks simple, but the confusion is between which ways the doors travelled, i had to make a key to understand it while making it.

If you are going to commit to a proper maze, just make sure you do something similar, or you will 100% lose track haha.

Upvote 0

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
I spent about 8 hours doing the maze for RedCave on Apoc for it to be cracked in about 45 minutes. Got to say, i totally see why people don't bother making it too complicated xD. I even have the original drawing i made to help me keep track.

Looks simple, but the confusion is between which ways the doors travelled, i had to make a key to understand it while making it.

If you are going to commit to a proper maze, just make sure you do something similar, or you will 100% lose track haha.
so glad im not the only one who does this ^^

also do you want those wt mobs mate or are you going to try breezers method first?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Xx69xX

Golden Oldie
Golden Oldie
Dec 2, 2005
so glad im not the only one who does this ^^

also do you want those wt mobs mate or are you going to try breezers method first?
I know, the worse part of it, is when you think you have it, but have made just 1 mistake and cannot locate it xD

Oh ofc sorry, i was mid way through replying and forgot to post as i was on phone.

That would be great, what did you do to transform the shadows? I have 100s of these mobs which all have the same issues. I want to try Breezers method, but had no idea where to start i attempted changing cornstarchblue with no success on photoshop.

Upvote 0

Sanjian

Just a Mir2 Fan
VIP
Apr 28, 2011
East Sussex
i didnt make the shadows they already had them, do your have shadows that dissapear when you import them or do yours have no shadows at all? im going OT in this thread but it will be interesting to know what your base set of files are.

my shadows will dissapear when imported so youll need to adjust the value of the shadows, they are currentl;y set as black which is why they dissapear, i havent got round to converting them yet, ill upload them shortly.

Upvote 0

Pottsy

Legend
Legendary
Feb 26, 2004

Easier method.

Don't create an actual "maze" where each door randomly teleports you to a room 20x rooms away lol.

Instead have the maze organised. ZT for example, (Nice and square example) you could just create a map of 50 of those 4x4 rooms in a big square map (I would still divide them to separate maps to prevent RTing around).

This would make the room in the same KNOWN position after it's been found once. For example, the 3rd room in the 5th row down etc. But then have a sub that is ALWAYS alive, that spawns randomly in that layout. This makes the maze dynamic as the true exit is technically the sub holding the key. Once you have the key, run to where the door is :p

In theory you could then also move the exit once every couple months or so.

But yeh, if you do it the standard way just to hope it's harder for people, it requires a lot of work on your part to keep it difficult :D

Upvote 0

mir2pion

TL;DR
Veteran
Feb 21, 2013

actually I meant several coordinates entries for each door

that way when using the door, you don't need to find that one teleport active tile

I believe the two cave entrances in PB province have multiple tiles (row of them) that will teleport you inside the cave, all normal doors should have at minimum two active tiles, better three

speaking about this, does anybody know what is wrong with those doors that teleport you only after you back off from them, I think everybody had that experience sometimes

Don't create an actual "maze" where each door randomly teleports you to a room 20x rooms away lol.

how is random teleporting set up? by that panel shown above, somehow?

as to making it difficult to figure out, it has to be 'reasonably' difficult, or open to a logical figuring it out if you use paper to keep track of progress

I wouldn't put it past some that they figure your maze by recording game and after some running around, if they happen to get over the maze, they deduce the route from the recorded movie (not actually sure that can be done)
or maybe in large guild, you have many ppple having a go at it, advantage that solo player doesn't have, also if the maze has mobs you can't just ignore

once I went to ZT maze and took wrong door, got lost and for fun I tried to get through by either random method or by going in the grid lines and spent long time in there, was dropping items on floor to mark the rooms... all to no avail

BTW that maze rooms grid arrangement can be on a single map if you disable any teleporting on that map, right?

Upvote 0

LightBringer

Primordial GM
Veteran
Primordial
Game Master
Feb 13, 2014
Best way to do maps for me
Make your actual route first so you know you can get to the next floor.
Then just randomly plop movements to and from doors

Tends to work

EDIT:
However, don't forget the actual route haha

Upvote 0